30

Inseparable

 

Kris joined his younger cousin at the table, Lay put down his fork.

“Ge, I have to leave for China tomorrow.” He said.

“I know.”

Lay bit his lip.

“Your secretary left this earlier.” Lay pushed an envelop across the table.

Kris opened the letter, then he slammed it down.

“They want..you to meet up with Song Construction’s daughter, ge.”

“They want me to go on a blind date?” Kris wanted to laugh.

Even Lay felt wronged by the idea.

“Song Construction invites you to, I don’t know if uncle and aunt knows.”

“Well tell them, go to hell.” Kris muttered before standing up and leaving his cousin.

 

 

Luhan looked up as Minah stepped in his office.

“It’s been a while, my almost cousin-in-law.” He mused, Minah sent him a look.

“How are things?” She asked.

Luhan shook his head.

“If it weren’t for you, I think hyung would be in a wreck right now.”

“I didn’t~”

“Face it, Woori’s right, you two were made for each other, just give him a chance.”

Minah was about to reply but the doors opened.

“A chance to who?” Woobin asked, then he placed a folder on Luhan’s desk.

“You’re here.” He said to Minah, she shrugged at him.

“Why don’t you two grab some lunch while I work?” Luhan suggested.

 

Minah looked away from the screen, they were eating at a local restaurant and some of the customers were watching the news.

“I’m happy for them, they deserve to rot in jail.” Woobin said, Minah’s brows furrowed.

“Woobin-ah~”

“I bet Kris is too.”

Minah paused.

“I know, I know how…he’s in love with Woori all this time, I know how he feels. I’m worried for him too.”

This was the real Woobin, blunt and uncaring to what others might think, but grieving.

“Minah, if you want to leave, do so. I know you just feel….obligated to be here right now, but you’re not. I hurt you before, you shouldn’t be with me,”

Minah shook her head.

“Woobin~”

“For telling you that I still love you, I’m sorry. That must have burdened you.” Woobin nodded.

Minah studied his face, then she smiled.

“It wasn’t a burden.”

Woobin looked up.

“I know I should have listened to you, I should have trusted you more.”

“Mi~”

“Actually…the reason why I came back is that….I wanted to see you. But by then you were engaged.” Minah nodded.

 

Woori smiled as halmeoni nagged at Kai about table manners.

“So, you’re not really siblings?”

“Yes, Kai hyung came to our town a year ago, he knew no one.”

“Ah, that’s why he lives alone.” Woori nodded, remembering visiting Kai at his apartment.

“But….hyung has so many secrets.”

Woori glanced at Kai who was wincing as halmeoni taught him how to make kimchi, she smiled.

 

“I think so too.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++