44

Inseparable

Woori smiled as she watched Kris pull over in front of his house. She remembered being neighbors with the Wus and the Zhangs.

Then she looked up and saw Lay stepping out of their house.

“Ya!” He hollered, Kris turned.

“Dinner, come Ri, ge!”

Woori smiled, then she playfully crossed the street and tackled her friend.

Lay chuckled.

“I know, I missed you too.”

“I..just remembered you, you pushed me to the pool when were twelve.”

Lay rolled his eyes at her.

 

Woori stepped in the house, then she smiled. She could remember, a young her, Lay and Kris lying on the couch by the living room, watching television, reading and just talking.

Then she turned.

“Hey, Wu Yi~”

“Gege!” A girl appeared by the staircase and jumped into Kris’s arms. Woori paused and saw Lay walking towards them.

“Jin Inhae.” Kris smiled at her before letting go.

“It’s been so long, ge. You look so handsome yet still..cold.” The girl chuckled.

Woori looked away and led herself toward the dining hall.

 

“I tried visiting you at the office, you weren’t around.” Inhae frowned and playfully nudged Kris.

“I had to accompany Woori~” Kris paused and looked around.

“Woori?” He asked, Lay looked around.

“Woori? Ah, that friend.” Inhae nodded.

“Yixing?” Woori stepped from behind the door.

“Ri, this is Inhae, she’s a friend, we met in China. Hae, this is Woori.” Lay said.

Inhae smiled at Woori pleasantly, Woori looked at her, as if trying to place her face in her memories.

I never met her, I think.

Inhae offered her hand, Woori looked at her, she noticed how her other arm was looped around Kris’s.

“I need to use the restroom.” She said in English.

“You know where it is.” Kris grinned at her.

“Yeah...I do.” Woori said before turning away.

 

Lay leaned on the wall as Woori washed her face.

“So, no plans of eating with us?” He asked, Woori turned to him and picked up the face towel.

“Are you okay, Ri?”

“I’m okay, go ahead, I’ll be there in a few.”

Lay pinched her cheek before heading down.

 

Woori joined them at the table, Inhae was chatting with Kris and Lay animatedly. She looked at the food in front of her, she noticed that all the carrots were set on the side. She looked up in surprise.

“You hate carrots, you always have.” Kris looked at her briefly.

She flinched.

What’s wrong with me?

“I might leave earlier.” She said softly.

“Right, unnie, I heard you used to work with idols, is it fun?” Inhae turned to her.

“I can’t remember it being fun, all I can remember is me being tired.” She answered, Lay blinked at her.

“I mean, it was fun but…tiring.” She smiled briefly before eating.

“Ge, remember that time when we visited agung at Beijing? Everyone kept on teasing us!” Inhae laughed.

Lay glanced at Woori who was eating.

“For wearing matching shirts.” Kris nodded.

Woori was about to pick up her glass when she stopped.

“Kris?”

Kris was panting heavily and they walked to the garden. Woori glanced at him.

“So….Sleepover?” She mused, Kris shook his head.

“You know, even though technically, your cousin is my best friend, that doesn’t give you the right to barge in my house.” Woori murmured, then she glanced at the two story house just beside her family’s home.

“Did you..escape home?”

 “How long have we been friends?”

“About….six years? Well, I met you through Yixing when we were thirteen.”

 “Kim Woori?”

“What?” She groaned before sitting beside him.

“Be my fake girlfriend.”

Woori gasped loudly.

“Riri?” Lay looked at her in concern.

Woori stood up.

 

“I---I need to go, see you guys tomorrow.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++