25

Inseparable

 

 

“I don’t know what to do, ge.” Lay confessed exasperatedly.

The older male looked at him worriedly, then he glanced at Kris.

“No one can find her, not even a trace.”

Kris was speaking with some of their partners, even though he was talking, but his eyes were empty.

 Empty and emotionless.

Luhan looked at Kris before turning to Lay.

“Woori…was his…..” Lay looked away.

“I just…visited uncle and auntie, Woobin hyung…is quite different.” Luhan claimed.

 

 

 

“Hyung! Hyung!” Minjun panted as he reached the park, the older male glanced up. He smiled while leaning on his car.

“Minjun-ah.” He greeted and messed the younger boy’s hair.

“I saw something!”

“Like what? A kitten now?”

Minjun shook his head.

“Remember that time, hyung? When I told you I heard screaming from~”

“Minjun-ah, ghosts don’t~”

“The whole place is one fire, hyung! I think there’s someone trapped inside.”

 

Woori’s eyes opened, her face had gone gaunt and hollow. She was tied to a chair when she felt heat enveloping her body.

Her eyes widened.

The building was on fire. And no one was around.

She tried to pull out free, but the ties on her hands were tight, she was unable to move her feet too.

She felt tears line her eyes.

The image of her parents and Woobin appeared in her mind.

Did he really marry her?

Oppa, I’m so sorry.

She could almost feel the fire her ankles.

“I always have loved you, not anyone else.”

Kris.

Woori closed her eyes.

I missed you, Wu Yifan.

Then she heard wood breaking.

“Excuse me? Agasshi!”

Then she closed her eyes again.

 

Luhan greeted the Kim elders and his older cousin, he had no idea why the whole family was called to the police agency. Kris and Lay were with them inside, then the chief of police stepped in the room.

“Is there anything?” Mr. Kim asked.

The man looked down and set an envelope on the table.

“Yesterday, around four in the afternoon, a small and empty building at Wonju had burst into flames.”

Kris looked up.

“We found this.” He produced a clear plastic bag; Lay took a sharp intake of breath.

It was Woori’s phone and her driver’s license.

“Her wallet was also found at the scene, but we sent it to our forensics team because it was covered in blood, the license identified her.”

Luhan’s stomach twisted into knots.

“I…dentified her?” Woobin looked up, his eyes rimmed with red.

“There…was a severely burned body beside where we found the wallet, we…are quite positive… I am really sorry to say this, but…we are positive that it was Miss Kim Woori.”

 

Minah dropped the remote control, her knees buckled beneath her as she landed on the carpeted floor. Her tears started to fall relentlessly.

“Earlier, it has been confirmed that Miss Kim Woori of Zeus Hotel has died because of a fire. Seven months ago, she was kidnapped and authorities could not find~”

“Woori-yah.” She managed to choke, Minah pressed against her lips.

“..No..”

 

Kris felt like the world was crumbling upon him. Silently, his tears flowed on his cheeks.

“What…are you saying?” Woobin’s tone was cold, he stood up and grabbed the man by his collar.

“Dead? My sister’s…dead?” His hands were trembling, Kris stood up and walked out of the room.

He leaned against the wall, as he let everything sink in.

Woori’s gone.

“Let’s meet tomorrow, I have…things to say.”

Those were her last words to him, they fought before that.

Kris’s fist came in contact with the wall. Blood started to drip on the floor.

Kris shut his eyes tightly.

 

He just lost her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++