13

Inseparable

 

 

Lay puffed his cheeks as Woori whined.

Kris just nodded while smiling.

“I mean, they don’t need to do this!”

“It’s quite necessary, Ri.” Lay sighed.

“When you go to parties with gege, people talk about you. This is going to do you good.”

Kris nodded at her. Woori took a sip from her coffee, curling her legs underneath her in the process.

“I don’t need people asking me how much stocks I own.” She replied.

“And..they’re going to announce the engagement too.”

Lay looked at his cousin.

“I don’t want oppa to do it if it’s against his wishes.” Woori claimed. Kris looked at Woori.

“I don’t think…”

Woori bit her lip.

I don’t think I approve of her.

“It’s….just not right.”

 

It was around eight in the evening when practice was halted when a man in a black suit was guided in the room.

Jonghyun paused and waved at Woori.

“Oh, Secretary Yoon.” Woori blinked before letting go of Taemin’s hand.

“Good evening, young miss. The chairman has sent these.” He raised a traditionally wrapped meal set. Woori blinked.

“Kris did?”

“Yes, he knew you would be practicing late, he wanted you to eat.”

Woori smiled and took the box from him.

“Arassoyo, I’ll give him a call, thank you for bringing it here.”

The man bowed and left the room.

“Noona, did I mention that you should never let go of your boyfriend?” Taemin teased, even Minho chuckled.

Woori smiled before setting down the box.

 

Kris tapped on the leather upholstery of his car seat, he watched as his secretary exited the building.

“She was practicing.” He said as he got in the car and started the engine.

Kris smiled to himself and nodded.

 

Woori groaned as she felt the sun’s rays touch her face, she opened her eyes and found herself inside their home. It was already half past eight on a Sunday morning. She sat up and almost jumped.

“Oppa!” She groaned again, Woobin was sitting on her ottoman, already dressed.

Woobin looked confused and troubled. Woori blinked and jumped down from her bed.

“Whats wrong? You’re up early on a Sunday morning.”

“Today’s the party, Ri. You should be preparing by now.” He nodded.

Woori’s eyes widened in realization.

“Oppa, you can still step back, marrying~”

“If I don’t this, they might force you and Kris to marry.” Woobin said flatly, he smiled, a smile that didn’t reach his eyes and stood up.

“Shower and get dressed, let’s have breakfast together.” He kissed her forehead before stepping out.

 

“He doesn’t want to do it! I know!” Woori crossed her arms, Lay sighed. He was on the phone with his friend, on his way to Kims’ lunch party.

“Then, do you plan to stop the wedding? The engagement?” He challenged.

“Oppa told me if he didn’t do it, the elders will force me to marry Kris. I don’t know, I know I cant do that either.”

Lay bit his lip.

“You know what, let’s talk later.”

 

Woori smiled as she stepped in the event on her brother’s arm, she was wearing a black lace dress that hugged her figure nicely and suede stilettos. She felt curious stares on her immediately. She sighed inaudibly.

She saw Yemi with her parents at one of the tables, she looked away.

“Goodbye normal life.” Woobin mused as they reached their parents.

“Shut up.” She muttered.

“As you all know, my eldest son, is now back with us,” Mr. Kim started, the guests turned to look at him.

“He will be managing the business from here, and of course, I would like to introduce my youngest child, Kim Woori.”

Woobin smiled mischievously before pushing his sister forward. She saw Lay and Kris enter the hall.

She gave a polite smile to the guests before stepping down.

“And, it is with utmost happiness that we are announcing my son’s engagement with the Miss Jung Yemi!”

She was about to wave over to the two when Yemi walked to her.

“I can’t believe this, we’re going to be sisters!” She smiled at her.

Woori stared at her, then her eyes narrowed.

“It’s actually better, Kris..he should feel pain too. Just like I got hurt. Besides, the Kims are very loaded, it’s a plus for me.”

 

 

“Then, be happy on your own.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++