.29

Fate Can I? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Yerim wiped her face harshly, she had been awake for the past hours but Sungjae still had not shown any signs of waking up at this time. She sighed as she grabbed his right hand and grasped it tightly in between her both hands.

“Why?” she whispered to him as loud sighed escaped from again. “What has happened to you?” she brought his hand closed to her face, she wanted him to know that she was here the entire time with him, and he should not bear everything just by himself. He have his friends, he have all of his hyungs to share his burdens with. And… He have her.

Yerim eyes began to welled up as she remembered how panicked everyone was when they saw him fell down from his spot, frowning to them with his eyes closed, asking to help him as he felt the sudden ache on his heart and head. She remembered how fragile he was looking as he cried on Ilhoon’s arms, saying he felt like dying, he could not hold the pain anymore.

Yerim wiped her tears away as she felt his fingers twitched on her palm. She looked up and saw him frowning as he was in pain again. “Sungjae?” she called but there was no answered from him. “Sungjae? Hey, it’s me.” She called again as she finally saw he was trying to open his eyes slowly and carefully.

“Yerim?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

Sungjae adjusted his view but the lights from the room were blinding him. He shut his eyes again, as he tried to push himself up from the bed. Right after, he tried to open his eyes again and he saw she was sitting next to his bed, with her worried expression plastered all over her face.

“Stop frowning.”

Sungjae pushed her head playfully with his index finger as chuckled escaped lowly from his mouth. Yerim tsk-ed him, as she leaned closer to the bed and examined his face. “Are you okay?” she asked carefully as she eyed him. “What happened back there?”

Sungjae forced a smiled, “Nothing. Just a migraine,” he smoothed her hair but he knew she will not buy his excuses at all. And he was right when she gave him a don’t-lie-to-me look. “It’s really nothing,” he smiled again and patted her hand. “What time is it?” he looked around only to saw that the night had fallen deeply, and the skies had changed its color entirely to black. He eyed the clock on his bedside, and he was shock that he was already blackened out for 7 hours straight if his guess was right, since the evening they went out to the café. “It’s already 1 a.m. Shouldn’t you be home by now?”

“I choose to stay. Jaehyo oppa knows too,”

“You should just go to your old room then. Go to sleep. It’s pretty late now.”

“But I want to be with you,”

Sungjae heaved a heavy sighed, he knew nothing could pushed the girl in front of him away. He examined her eyes, he knew she was tired, she had been awake since yesterday to studied, and now, she had to be awake again to take care of him.

He moved a bit from his bed and pulled his comforter. He patted the space next to him, “come here.” He called but he saw her intimidate face and chuckled. “Look. I know you won’t budge an inch if I asked you to leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter