.27

Fate Can I? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-
 

She closed her eyes and heaved a long sighed. She rolled to her right side and sighed for the nth time. *I feel lonely* she opened her eyes and looked to her phone that was sitting beside her table lamp, not far from her reached.

“I miss them,” she closed her eyes back and hugged the pillow closed to her. *But I miss Sungjae more*



- - - Flashback to a month ago - - -
 

Yerim gritted her lips, she felt uncomfortable when they bombarded her with those questioning gazes, and she did not even dared to look up and met eyes with them. She heaved a heavy breath and nudges the man besides her. “Are you going to talk or not?” she whispered in a low tone and hissed as she jabbed her thumb to the front.

The older chuckles and cleared his throat. “I came to take her back with me,” he said as he looked straight to the others and that triggered everyone. Ilhoon threw the magazine to the coffee table and stood up, annoyed.

“Look, ahjusshi. First, you took her away from the school when I was supposed to pick her up two days ago, making ruckus around the school and now you’re going to take her, again?” he pushed his bangs away and point his index finger. “I don’t care just how old are you but you’re not taking Yerim anyway from me!”

“Ilhoon oppa-“

“Ilhoon’s right, Yerim.” Changsub agreed and shoot the older man a disgust look. “I don’t want to disrespect you but can you leave the house, now?“ he opened the door for him and motion him to go but the older just smiled to him.

Sungjae rolled his fingers into a fist, any minutes from now he would explode. He examined how attached the guy with Yerim since they entered the house, with him curling his arm around her shoulders, showing his goofy smiled- he closed his eyes, trying to get rid of the images. Oh hell, how much he hated it.

“Yerim’s our family now. Who gave you the permission to take her back?” Eunkwang crossed his arms and shoot the older a deathful glare. “Yeah, who are you in the first place?” Hyunsik who was sitting next to him finally voiced out his question. He was curious with the guy in front of him.

“Guys, could you calm down for a bit?” Minhyuk pinched his forehead and closed his eyes. “He’s her brother. Her biological brother, goddamnit!”

*FINALLY!* Yerim blew raspberry when she heard the truth came out from Minhyuk itself. She looked up and bites her lower lips when she saw their horrified face. “Umm, guys-“ but she was cut shortly with a loud gasp from Peniel. “WHAT THE EFF-“ Peniel cursed and pointed to her brother. “They don’t freaking looked the same!”

“Well, how about you dressed him with a girl’s dress and a wig?” Minhyuk rolled his eyes and leaned back to the sofa. “It’s okay, hyung. Don’t mind all these monkeys.” He flashed a smiled to Yerim and nodded his head. “I’m sure she’ll be just fine in your hands,”

“SAYS WHO?”

Yerim quickly held Sungjae’s arm. She knew at that moment, he was a minute away from exploding. “Sungjae! No!” she looked at him in the eyes and slowly shook her head. The latter took a deep breath, and loosened her gripped.

“Look, I don’t care if you’re his brother or not. But is it necessarily for you to take her away from us?” he finally shoot a death glare to Jaehyo.  “why now of all times? Where-“

“Because she IS my sister,” Jaehyo smiled to him and held his sister’s hand. “She grew up without me all this time, and I want to pull a stop on it. We’ve been separated for God sakes, if you can’t trust me, it’s alright. I have no right to blame you with it. But at least-“ he stopped and looked to Minhyuk, “trust Minhyuk’s decision. You guys had been brothers for as long as I can remember. And he did all this for me,”

“Minhyuk hyung? What’s up with him?”

“I am… No, I was his step brother long ago. And that makes me a step brother to her too,”


 

- - -

 

“Yerim hagsaeng?”

“N-nae?”

“Could you help me on sending these flyers for photocopies downstairs? I need to use this for today’s lesson,”

Yerim nodded as she took the flyers from Teacher Nam’s hand. She excused herself and went out from the office. But her paced stopped abruptly as Julie quickly blocked her and took the flyers from her hands.

“HEY!”                

“Oh , shut up!” she slammed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter