.22

Fate Can I? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hurry up, slow poke!”

“Help me carry these, at least!”

“Come on! Hurry up! We’re going to be late!”

“Sheesh, woman! Stop nagging!”

Yerim puffed her cheeks and jogged to his side. She reached for the two paper bags that he carried on his other hand. “You’re so weak,” Sungjae eyes widened when he heard her called him weak. “You better take back your words,”

Yerim rolled her eyes and walked to leave him behind. “Let’s go, weak boy. We’re late for dinner!”

“Yah! I’m not weak!”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.”

“Yah!”


***


“AHN YERIM!”

“WHAT?”

Sungjae took the sit beside her and dumped his books to the dining table. “I hate studying,” Yerim rolled her eyes, “Where’s the fire?” she then continued to wrote the science report on her book. Sungjae plopped down his head on top of his hands. “Why are you so good in everything?” he murmured before he slowly closed his eyes.

Both of them had gotten closer than before. Yerim was not shy around him anymore, not like what she was once before. He smiled remembering all the moments when he loved to annoy her; his days will became better every time they bickered of silly things. He loved to see the angelic face of her turned sour when she loses to him.

“Sungjae-ah~”

His train of thought flew away when she heard her sings his name. “Yah,” she poked him on the elbow with her pencil numerously. “Get up, don’t sleep here.”

Sungjae opened his eyes and straightened his back. “Go to your room, Sungjae. You look tired,” she smiled and continued to do her works. “Worry about yourself, silly.” He mumbled in a low voice but enough to let her heard him. “Shut up.”

Sungjae opened his book and reached for her pen inside her pencil case. “Tomorrow is your last day with us, right?” he scanned through the question on the book before his hand skilfully sketched for a diagram on the book. “Yeah, time surely passes by.”

“I still remembered the first day you walked in to our class,” he looked up to met eyes with her. “Who knew the shy girl who everyone wooed at is actually-“ he stopped and smirk. “A brat?”

“HEY!”

Sungjae dodged the eraser that she threw at him and laughed. “Easy, brat. Easy. I was just joking,”

“So meanie,”

She puffed her cheeks and distanced herself a bit from him. It was her way of showing that she was actually sulking. Sungjae laughed again. “Aww, come on! Don’t take it to heart,” he poked her cheeks playfully, “are you really mad? Hmm?” he lowered his face to take a good looked of her face.

Yerim skimmed his hands away, “stop disturbing me, Sungjae. Finish your work,” but he did not gave up at all. His hand moved to her side and he tried to tickled her. “Ayyy, Yerim-ah…”

Yerim gritted her teeth, she was feeling ticklish all over her side. She quickly hit his hands away but he did not bothered by it. She could not hold any longer and burst into laughing. She hold Sungjae’s right hand to stopped him, “Arasso, arasso! I forgive you! Stop it already.”

Sungjae smiled widely when he saw her laughed. He slowly reached his hand out to curl her hair behind her ear. He scanned through her face and lock eyes with her. He smiled again, and patted her head. “But I still like this brat,”

My, Yerim felt the time had froze when he heard him say those words.


***


“Yerim-shi! Quick!”

“Eh- Hey!”

Yerim ran alongside with Jung, her classmate that pulled her together. “Quick! Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter