.24

Fate Can I? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was finally spring time. The city was covered with beautiful blooming flowers; pink, purple, yellow, red, every colours from all of the sides. Some of the petals fell down, covering the entire road making it more pleasant to the eyes.

“Where are you going this late at night?”

Sungjae looked up from his phone screen as he saw Yerim was wearing her favourite black Garfield sweater over her body, with his hair being hidden under the hoodie. He glanced to the clock on the wall, just above her and it points directly to 10 p.m. He furrowed his eyebrows.

“Walk. I need some fresh air,”

Sungjae quickly ended his game on his phone and stood up. “Wait,” he quickly went to his room and pull his jumper over his body and wear his favourite cap on his head. He took the key house and his wallet from his desk, slipped it into his back pocket and went outside. “Let’s go,” he lead passed her and put on his sneakers before looking up to met eyes with her.

“What are you doing? Let’s go.”

Yerim lifted up her shoulders and slipped into her sneakers too. She zipped up her sweater before going out. She was planning to go alone as she needed to cleared her mind off from too many thoughts but she did not mind when Sungjae wanted to tagged along too.

Now, here they were. Both of them were sitting on a bench, in the nearest park not far from their house. They went to the nearest café to get some drinks before deciding to stop in the park.

Yerim cupped her warm hot chocolate cup, warming her hands. Although it was spring, the night breeze was still as cold as the ice. She remained quiet as Sungjae blow his cup before he sipped the vanilla latte slowly. They examined two couples who seated not far from them; they watched the kids played with each other happily while being monitored by their parents closely.

“Say,”

Yerim lifted her eyebrows before she bought her drink closed to . “Have we ever met before?” she asked to break the awkward silence between them. Sungjae spun his head and chuckled dryly. “What kind of question is that?” Yerim sighed and put down her drink to her side. She crossed her legs Indian style. “Random,” she smiled and turn her head slightly to face him. “Have we ever met before?”

Sungjae tilted his head and looked up to the sky. “I don’t know. Might as well we passed by each other on the streets before,”

“Point accepted.”

He spun his head and chuckled again. “What is wrong with you tonight?” he eyed her hot chocolate cup, “did the drink makes you high somehow?” but she slapped his knee playfully, “silly you!” as she took the cup and sipped it again.

Sungjae eyed every movement that she made. He examined her white face, her big doe eyes, her nose, her pink soft lips, her jaws. He was trying to recall the figure of the girl that he saw in his memory as somehow, his intuition was saying the girl in front of her was the exact person from the memory. But he was not sure, he was confused. What exactly had happened to him that he could not even remember every single thing that the memory had shown him? He did not remember going through those moments at all.

His trains of thought faded away when Yerim suddenly yelped as her drink fell to the ground. She grabbed her head and hissed in pain. He grew panicked and put aside his drink. He scooted closer to her.

“Yerim-ah! What’s wrong?!”

He pushed up her face to take a good look of her and she was looking so pale. “My head-“ she paused and gasped for air. “Yerim-ah!”
 

“Where did he go? He promised to stay with me,”

“I hate him. Why does he leave me alone?”

“Where are you? Why did you leave me?”
 

Tears began to fell down from her eyes down to her face. Sungjae was taken aback by the sight. Yerim grabbed his hand and gasped for more air. “No!" she cried as she smacked her chest couple of times. “Yah! Yah!” he quickly stopped her, he could not stand the sight of her breaking down like this.
 

“He promised to stay. He such a liar!”

“Where are you? The first snow is finally here, where are you?”

“I hate him! I hate him! He is a liar!”
 

She gritted her teeth, the memory that she saw was so painful as she could felt the feeling of betrayed, the feeling of being left alone by the most important person. The memory shifted to another moment and she saw a figure of a man that she felt familiar off.

“Yerim-ah? Yerim-ah!”

Sungjae shook her shoulders vigorously as she was gasping for more air to be introduced into her lungs. He grew worried and quickly turned his back. He curled her arms around his neck and pulled her up to give her a piggy back. “This won’t do. Let’s go back,”

But Yerim could not hear a single thing that Sungjae was saying. The memory shifted again. She saw the figure was running around the field with herself as they were chasing for each other while laughing about silly jokes of one another. Her heart was hurting from the sight of it. She tried to focus on the moment that she saw but her head was getting dizzier than befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter