.25

Fate Can I? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wait here, I’ll go and get something for us.”

Yerim nodded and went to the nearest table besides the window, while Minhyuk went to the counter to order. She sat down on the empty chair and looked around the café. On the other corner of the café, there’s a huge big bookshelf with many books arranged by its genre and alphabet orders in it. *Wew, the owner must be a freaking bookworm*

She smiled to herself and looked outside where the fake water fountain was placed. She examined as the water flowed from the higher part down to the pond. She counted on the flower pots not far from the pond in her head slowly. She really like the surrounding of this café as it was overwhelming but calming enough to be surrounded by nature.

“Excuse me?”

Yerim shifted her gaze from the glass window to the person in front of her. She furrowed her eyebrows, and pointed to herself as if she was asking does he actually talking to her? The male in front of him, dressed in a white long sleeve, black jeans and an apron wrapped around his torso smiled softly and nodded his head. “Ahn Yerim…-shi?”

Yerim gulped as she felt alarmed by his appearance. How exactly the man knew her name? She looked around the café trying to searched for her Minhyuk oppa. But to her surprised, he was nowhere to be found, neither in the counter nor around her. *Man, where did he go?*

She was taken aback when the uninvited guest pulled the chair from besides her and claimed the spot. Her eyes grew wider and she curled her fists tightly. “I-I’m sorry, but I don’t-“

“Sweetheart, it’s me.”

She paused and blinked her eyes twice, *I am not hearing things didn’t I? Why does he called me sweetheart?* she pushed the chair a bit to the back, making a squeaky sounds, ready to leave the scene. She does not have any good feeling of this man. No, not at all.

“I’m sorry, I think you get the wrong-“

“Yerim-ah, it’s me.” He reached for her hands and squeezed it tightly. “It’s me. Jaehyo. Ahn Jaehyo. Don’t you remember at all?”

“Ah-Ahn Jaehyo?”

 

***

 

Yerim closed her eyes and putted her left arm on her eyes, covering it. She could not even believe who she had met this afternoon. Tears slowly fell down from her eyes; she could not counted how much she had cried today. She pressed her lips into a thin line; she could remember every single conversation that she had.


 

“Yes, it’s me. Ahn Jaehyo.”

Her eyes started to watered as she heard the name being said again. She gulped hard, trying to push back her tears. She lost counts on how long does it took her to called those name again. “Op-oppa?” she called slowly and searched for his eyes. She wanted to make sure the man was indeed him.

When she finally saw him nodded his head, she broke into a loud sobs. She was not feeling shame to cried out loud since the café had no customers at that time. All that she cares for now is the man with the said name. She could not believe he was finally in front of her after so many years had passed. “Oppa?” she called again as her view went blurry from the tears.

Jaehyo pulled her into a tight hug. “Oh my God, I miss you so much.” he whispered as he kissed her head twice. The tears that he was holding finally fell down from his eyes. The lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter