.28

Fate Can I? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Oppa?”

Jaehyo paused from typing on his laptop and quickly spun his chair around when he heard the door being open. “What’s wrong?” he forced smiled as he massage his temples using his right hand to release the tension he felt from working too long.

“Here,” she placed a warm cocoa mug in his free hand and he was shocked by her gestured. “I knew you don’t coffee, so, urm. Yeah.” She gritted her teeth as she played with her long fingers, she was afraid that her brother will scold her or what not. Jaehyo was bewildered but he quickly smiled as she pulled his sister to sit on his bed, facing him.

“Why?”

“Huh?”

“You’re not afraid of me, do you?”

Yerim looked up but the second her eyes met with him, she quickly dodged it and lowered her gaze to the floor. “I-uh… I-“

Jaehyo put the mug on his desk beside him and moved closer to his sister. He his long hair, “Yerim, I know you don’t feel comfortable with me yet.” He sighed as he pushed her chin a bit to make her looked up to him. “It’s okay. You don’t have to try hard. Let’s go step by step, okay? I know, everything is so absurd actually, but you don’t have to worry, okay?” he smiled as he gazed lovingly to his sister. The one and only sister that he misses for his entire life.

“I’m sorry,”

He chuckled with a low tone as he shook his head. “No need to be sorry, my dear. Rest assured. I am still your brother no matter what has happened. Just treat me as how you treated those wild monkeys back there,”

Yerim grinned as she sensed a jealousy toned on his sentences. “Eheyyy! They’re my friends! Don’t call them that, oppa!” Jaehyo tsk-ed him as he pushed his back to leaned on his chair. “I’m not saying I hate them. I just don’t particularly like them,” he paused and spun his chair, he reached for the mug, sipped it slowly before going back to work. He put it aside, and as his hand lands on the keyboard, his eyes scanned through some sentences on the paper that had been all over his desk, quickly he started typing few words. “Especially the Sungjae boy.”

Yerim eyes grew wider as she blushed hearing the name. She cleared when she saw Jaehyo started to gave him strange look, “Well, FYI. He is my friend too. My best friend!”

“Best friend? Yeah right. I could see your eyes turns into heart shapes whenever you saw him,”

“HEY! I’M NOT!”

Jaehyo shook his head and looked back to his laptop. A small smiled curled on his mouth but he tried to hide it from her. She might not realize it yet, but she could not lie to him, or even to herself. He knew she was starting to like the younger one but she was too dumb to even recognize her own feeling.

“Whatever it is, I don’t like him. PERIOD!”

He knew Yerim was giving him looks when he said that but he did not moved his eyes any inch to met gaze with her, even when a small pillow flew and hit his head, with a loud bang coming from the door being closed from behind. He scrunched his nose as loud sighed came from his mouth. “She can be a brat sometimes,”

My. He could now hear Minhyuk’s voice screaming into his ears about his sister complexion even though he was not here with them. He cleared his throat to suppress his laughter whenever he remembered about Minhyuk and his continuously nagging towards him whenever it comes to their sister matters, just like days before.

“Omma, are you watching over us? I am living fine with my sister now.”

Man. How he also wished his mother was here too, with them.

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

“What do you want?”

“One strawberry milkshake please!”

“What about you, Sungjae? Peniel?”

“Caramel macchiato, pumpkin latte and mint chocolate milkshake.”

Minhyuk punch some details on the screen and the orders popped out to the next screen after he swiped his card onto the machine. He smiled, “go take your seats. I’ll be right there with you guys shortly. My shift will end in 10 minutes,”

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter