Swim Champ

Are We Stars Or Satellites?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two months since the Yoon family had been reunited, and the F4, their wives and children where all getting ready to fly to Brazil. It was time for Goo Jin Ae to compete in the Olympics. Jin Ae had flown there two weeks earlier to get ready.

'Jagi, how's the business?' She asked Min Ki over the phone. Their business "Kiki&Jagi"'s had exploded. There was always a cue of parents and children waiting to get in to the soft play area, and the baby sitting service was fully booked up for over two months. The business had five members of staff, plus the two bosses.

'I'm great Jagi, and how are you?' Min Ki said. Every time Jin Ae rang, her first question was always about the business, and he was getting sick of it.

'Just tell me how the business is, I've only got two minutes to talk to you, you've wasted one already.'

'It's doing great, I brought the second floor of the building like you wanted, so we can start a tuition centre soon too.'

'That's great, talk to you later I'm going now!' Jin Ae said, ready to hang up.

'Stay away from those Spanish boys!' Min Ki quickly yelled. Jin Ae laughed.

'Yeah fine, but I make no promises about the Brazilian ones.' She said hanging up.

A few days later, and every one was in Brazil. Although they had arrived two days ago, they hadn't had a chance to see Jin Ae, who had been kept busy with last minute training. But now they could see her, as she stood at the side of the pool, ready to represent South Korea. Although she was the confident Jin Ae, a slight tinge of nerves shone through. She glanced up in to the stands, and saw her entire family. Her dad was screaming impossibly loudly, and so was her mother. She was a little embarrassed, they where being the loudest people in the entire pool, but their shouting gave strength to her nervous limbs. Jin Ae had two races. The team relay, which she would compete in with the rest of her South Korean team mates, and the butterfly, which she would compete in by herself.

First was the team relay, in which she was going first. She took her spot, bending down, waiting for the whistle. It went, and like a flash she dived in to the water, swimming as fast as she possibly could. It was over in a flash, she got to the end of the pool, and her team mate dived in. Her heart raced as she watched them race to the other side. She glanced in to the next lanes as the next member of her team jumped in. The races where too close to tell who was winning and losing. The last member of her team jumped in to the water. She watched anxiously, powerless now to the outcome of the race. In each lane the swimmers reached the end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter