Deep Thoughts

Are We Stars Or Satellites?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A cold breeze whipped around Soo Jin and Jin Ae as they waited outside their apartment in Busan. It was finally week four of their punishment and their boyfriends had promised them a day at the beach. Suddenly a large pick up truck drove around the corner of the narrow street. The horn honked, and their heads turned to look at it. Jae Hwa was sat at the driver's wheel and it seemed Min Ki had leaned over to press the horn.

'Where did you get this from?' Jin Ae shouted. Her eyes where wide.

'Our boss leant it to us.' Min Ki shouted back in. He climbed out the front of the truck. 'Soo, you can get in the front with lover boy.' He winked. Soo Jin blushed, but she climbed in the car none the less.

'Where am I going to sit?' Jin Ae asked. There where only two seats in the front of the truck. Min Ki gave her a cheeky grin, and grabbed her hand. He pulled her around to the back of the truck. Before she could say anything, he lifted her up and dumped her in the back of the truck. He then climbed in himself, and banged on the small window between the front of the truck and the trailer. The truck suddenly started moving. Jin Ae rolled her eyes. There was quite a lot of room in the back of the car so Jin Ae stretched out and lay down on her back. Min Ki joined her, and they lay staring up at the cloudy sky and skyscrapers that towered above them.

Inside the cabin of the pickup truck, Jae Hwa and Soo Jin sat in silence.

'Jae Hwa?' Soo Jin asked quietly.

'Yes?' Jae Hwa replied. He glanced over at Soo Jin.

'If my parents turn out to be really bad people, would you still like me?' She asked. Jae Hwa glanced at her as they drove along.

'Soo, not matter who you're blood related to, your dad is always going to be Uncle Ji Hoo. And even if he turned out to be secretly evil, I would still like you.' He glanced at her again, not able to take his eyes off the road for too long. 'Would you still like me if I wasn't an heir to Shinhwa?' He asked. Soo Jin looked at his like he was crazy.

'I think I'd like you even better if you weren't.' She replied. Jae Hwa's eyebrows shot up.

'What do you mean?' He asked. Soo Jin looked out the window.

'I'd like it if you weren't constatly in newspapers and magazines. A life with you is never going to be the live in private I want.' Soo Jin said softly. Jae Hwa chuckled.

'It might be one day.' He said. Soo Jin looked at him.

'What do you mean?' She asked.

'Don't repeate this to anyone, because Jae Sun and Jin Ae don't know, but I've talked to dad about it, and I've told him I don't want to take over Shinhwa.' He said. Soo Jin gasped.

'And what did he say?'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter