Ripped Apart, With Bad Hair

Are We Stars Or Satellites?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being shoved in the car, Soo Jin and Jin Ae had been dragged to a hairdressers. They had literally been tied in to their seats, as the hair dressers got to work. First on the list for Jin Ae was a chemical hair straighten, followed by a hair die to make her hair a brownish red-colour. For Soo Jin, a hair darkening followed by a crimped perm. Neither of them where liking their new looks, but there was nothing they could do at all. As they where getting their hair done, they could only wondering if the rest of their friends where going through the same thing. They where. Across town Min Ki was being bleached, and then died rainbow colour in small clumps. Jae Hwa's hair was being dyed bright red.

In yet another hairdresser's Jae Sun and Sang Min who both took great pride in their hair, where having their hair shaved off until it was extremely short. They both looked like they where about to enter the army.

Once they where all done at their separate hair dressers, they where shoved back in the cars again, and driven off. Each of them where given a small backpack. In each one was a toothbrush, toothpaste, a small bottle of cheap shampoo, The boys also had two pairs of jeans, and a cheap looking hoodie. The girls had two cheap hoodie dresses and leggings.

'What are we going to do, Unnie? How are we going to afford food?' Soo Jin asked Jin Ae. Jin Ae looked at her friend. Although her own father truly treasured her, Soo Jin was her dad's baby. She needed to be looked after.

'I'll get a job as a swimming instructor. You can get a shop job. We'll be fine.' Jin Ae told her. Her stomach twisted. She wanted her Oppas already. It felt like a massive chunk of her was missing. She wanted Sang Min too. He was her baby. She also desperately wanted to see her boyfriend. Soo Jin nodded.

'Okay.' Soo Jin said. She put her head on Jin Ae's shoulder as they drove out in to the night.

When the car stopped some time later, Jin Ae and Soo Jin where pushed out of the car almost immediately. They took their bags out of the car, just as a pair of keys where shoved in to their hands and the car drove off in to the distance. They looked up. In front of them was a scabby building. It was a high apartment block, that was grey and dirty looking. In the dark it looked bad, and Jin Ae could only wonder how much worse it was going to look in the sunlight. Jin Ae looked at the key that had been shoved in to her hand. 504 was the number on the key. Jin Ae frowned as she tried to count the floors in the building.

'Ten floors.' She said. 'We're on floor five. That's the worst floor to be in. You get the noise from the upper floors and the noise from the bottom floors.' Jin Ae said. Soo Jin bit her lip, and started walking in to the building. Jin Ae walked in behind her, and went past her. She pressed the bottom for the lift. It didn't work. Jin Ae sighed, and started the walk up the stairs. Five floors late, and they unlocked the door to the apartment. There was nothing inside. No furniture at all. They didn't even have beds. Their apartment consisted of one room, and a small bathroom off to the side.

'We can use our bags as pillows for the night, we'll go shopping once we've got some money.' Jin Ae said to Soo Jin. The two of them where exhausted. They both lay down on the floor, and fell asleep quickly despite the fact it was cold. They where just going to have to get through this.

Across Busan, and Jae Sun and Sang Min where settling down in another one room apartment, although their was over a laundry mat. They both looked at their room with despair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter