The Hospital

Are We Stars Or Satellites?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 hours later

Jin Ae had yet to wake up. She was passed out, they said. But they expected her to wake up soon. It turns out she didn't have any bad burns, only very minor ones. She was just recovering from the amount of smoke she breathed in. Min Ki was fine. He woke up after a few minutes in the ambulance, he just kept asking for Jin Ae, until his Aunt Ga Eul let him go in to the next room and see her. Every one else was in there. It was the hospital's biggest private room, but it seemed so small with the tension that was running high. Soo Jin was crying still, Jae Hwa had his arm around her trying to comport her some how. In any other situation Jae Hwa having his arm around the girl of his dreams would have been a good thing, but not now. Jun Pyo wasn't talking to any one. He had been staring at his daughter with out moving for the past day. His wife sat next to him, trying to comport Jae Sun. Sang Min sat in front of his father's legs, he considered Jin Ae his sister. Min Ki sat by himself next to her bed, on the other side to her parents. His parents had arrived back in Seoul an hour after the fire. They hadn't brought up how the fire started, nor how irresponsible he had been. But he knew it must have been ticking in the back of their minds. He felt so guilty. Impossibly so. If he didn't have a party she wouldn't of been there. If he hadn't tried to confess his feelings she wouldn't of been in her stupid hiding spot. If he hadn't been such a womaniser she would of realised when he kissed her he meant it. His mind was burning with these thoughts.

Jin Ae. I don't remember the first time we met. I'm sorry but I don't. I'm four months younger than you. It would be weird if I did. But my earliest memory, is of your birthday party when you where four. There wasn't a lot of people there but there was lots of food, and your dad went slightly over board booking bouncy castles, merry go rounds, street vendors and tons of other stuff I don't remember. The thing you loved the most was that carousal with the beautiful painted horses, you stayed on it all day and totally ignored every other thing there, unlike your brothers who where running around like their lives depended on it. I got on the carousal with you, and asked you why you loved it so much. You told me "because it's magical. I don't know why but it's magical." That's the way I feel about you. There's just something about you. The way you swim. The way you don't take from any one. Your confidence. The way you always look magical, like a mermaid. You must have been one in your past life. You must have been. So wake up Jin Ae. I know you can. Min Ki thought. The silence in the room could kill. Please wake up.

Then, all of a sudden Jin Ae stirred. Every one in the room waited anxiously.

'Jin Ae? Jin Ae wake up.' Her mother cried out. Jin Ae stirred again. Her eyes opened, and she tried to sit up. As she did so the machines went crazy beeping.

'Hey guys!' She looked down at her attired 'What happened, did I worry you?' She asked, breaking the tension in the room. Min Ki laughed and soon every one laughed too. Jan Di and Ga Eul started crying in happiness, they both went over to her and her hair. One on each side of the bed. Jae Kyung also went and began to her hair. Yi Jung, Ji Hoo and Woo Bin stood at the end of the bed, tell Jin Ae how bad she had been for worrying them and Jun Pyo had a massive smile on his face.

'I knew my Ineo Jin Ae would be fine!' He said pushing his way through every one and hugging her, trying to mind her burns. Jin Ae patted his arm, and laughed a little. Her dad always cared just a little too much about them. But it was always nice.

'Welcome back sis.' Her brothers said at the same time, taking a seat on the bed, either side of her feet. Sang Min gave her a hi-five and also sat down on the large bed, sitting next to Jae Sun leaving room for a very happy looking Soo Jin to sit next to Jae Hwa. Jin Ae laughed. She had to thank Sang Min later for forcing her brother and Soo Jin to sit next to each other. Although, she was a little disappointed that Min Ki was still sat on his chair. He had at the party he wanted people to think they where dating, hadn't he?

'Do you remember what happened?' Her Aunt Jae Kyung asked. Jin Ae shook her head.

'I remember feeling tired and going upstairs to have a nap, and then I don't know what happened.' She lied. She remembered the fight with Min Ki and going upstairs to cry.

'The house burnt to the ground, Min Ki carried you out just in time.' Ji Hoo said in his calm lullaby like voice.

'Oh, thanks Min Ki! Is your house going to be alright?' She asked quickly.

'We've not been back yet to see the damage we where more worried about Min Ki and you. The house doesn't matter.' Woo Bin said. His wife nodded in agreement with him.

'Yeah, I wanted to remodel anyway, so the house doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is you being okay.' Jae Kyung said.

'But where are you going to stay? Oh come to my house!' Jin Ae said.

'My Jin Ae is so good! Yeah come to our house!' Joon Pyo said. He was in a very very good mind now that his daughter had woken up.

'We could get a hotel...' Woo Bin said, being polite.

'No, don't be stupid! You're coming to our house, right Jan Di?' Joon Pyo turned to his wife who nodded.

'Yeah, we've got so many rooms and you're family! Also it'll take months to re build your house. 'You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter