Chapter Six

Rainbow

 

 
 
Tiffany was confused with herself once again. Taeyeon had been so caring and sweet towards her, for these past few days. Meanwhile, Yuri was a bit different. She was a bit quiet, not being smiley, like she used to. 
 
 
"Fany, let's go?" 
 
 
"uh, yeah.."
 
 
Tiffany went to her girlfriend who was resting on the couch, she bent down, and cupped the latter's face before planting a soft kiss on the lips.
 
 
"i'm leaving now, okay?" 
 
 
"don't leave.." 
 
 
"i'll be back at night, don't worry.."
 
 
"don't leave me.."
 
 
"Yuri, i'm just going out for schedule.."
 
 
"stay, please.." 
 
 
Yuri was desperately asking for Tiffany to stay. Tiffany was confused, really confused with her girlfriend's behavior. Yuri was never like this.
 
 
"Yuri, what's wrong with you?" 
 
 
"i need you.."
 
 
"i'm leaving now, okay? Gotta call you later, bye.." 
 
 
Yuri was left alone, she hated it. She was afraid that sooner or later, Tiffany would leave her for real. She didn't want that to happen, she loved that woman so much. 
 
 
"Tiffany, why?" 
 
 
 
Yuri whispered under her breath while watching the woman she loved, walking further and further away. 
 
 
 

 
 
"what are we doing here, Tae? I thought, we're going to have a dinner?" 
 
 
"ssh, just sit down here.." 
 
 
Tiffany and Taeyeon were now in the park. Nobody was there except the two of them. Tiffany was blindfolded, so she didn't know what was really happening there. 
 
 
"here, we're indeed having a dinner, aren't we?" 
 
 
Taeyeon said after taking off the blindfold from Tiffany's eyes. Tiffany was really surprised once she opened her eyes. 
 
 
"what is this for? What if people see us?" Tiffany asked with teary happy eyes
 
 
"let them see, i don't care. I wanna tell the world that you're mine, only mine.." Taeyeon said as she took a seat in front of the latter
 
 
Tiffany couldn't help but to smile widely. Well, she was really happy. It was the first time Taeyeon did romantic thing for her. Unlike Yuri, Taeyeon wasn't a romantic person. 
 
 
"shall we start eating?" 
 
 
"sure.." 
 
 
 

 
 
"Yul.."
 
 
"..."
 
 
"Yuri.."
 
 
"..."
 
 
"Kwon Yuri!" 
 
 
"uh, Sica?" 
 
 
"you're spacing out.."
 
 
"sorry.." 
 
 
"what are you thinking, huh?" 
 
 
"nothing.."
 
 
"nothing? Spacing out for i don't know how long, and you said nothing?" 
 
 
Yuri sighed, and Jessica sat next to her, on the couch. Jessica looked at her curiously, and Yuri was hesitant, whether she told the latter or not. 
 
 
"i'm just thinking about-" 
 
 
"Tiffany?" 
 
 
"yes, about Tiffany.." 
 
 
"what about her?" 
 
 
"it's nothing big, i was just reminiscing every moment that i shared with her.." 
 
 
"you're so sweet.." 
 
 
"is that so?" 
 
 
"yeah, Tiffany is lucky. I bet she loves you so much.." 
 
 
Yuri was stunned. Jessica's words strucked her hard. Does Tiffany really love her? If yes, then why does she cheat on her? 
 
 
"what about you, Sica? Don't you want to try to love again?" 
 
 
"i want to try, but i just wait for the right person.." 
 
 
"do you still love Taeyeon?" 
 
 
"no.....i guess.." 
 
 
"you're not sure?"
 
 
"it's complicated, Yul.." 
 
 
"i got it.."
 
 
"she's my first and my last, i won't date my member anymore.." 
 
 
"why?" 
 
 
"you see? Taeyeon and i are really awkward around each other. We rarely talk, and i don't want something like this happen again in the future.." 
 
 
"so, that's why you're with Taecyeon now?" 
 
 
"he's a nice guy.." 
 
 
"you like him?" 
 
 
"kinda.." 
 
 
"uhm, Sica.."
 
 
"hmm?" 
 
 
"what makes you love Taeyeon?"
 
 
"there's no reason for it, Yuri. Without i realized, Taeyeon had filled my heart.." 
 
 
"what if she wants you back?" 
 
 
"i don't know, i never think about it.." 
 
 
"i envy her.."
 
 
"why?" 
 
 
"everybody loves her, she doesn't even have to try.."
 
 
"what do you mean?" 
 
 
Yuri didn't answer, she just went straight to her room. She layed on the bed with her eyes closed. Everybody loved Taeyeon, even her girlfriend loved Taeyeon. She felt like she was nothing compared to the kidleader.
 
 
 

 
 
"what's this, Tae?" 
 
 
"open it.." 
 
 
Tiffany and Taeyeon were done eating. They were now sitting side by side on the nearby bench. No one passing by, there was just the two of them. 
 
 
"a ring?" 
 
 
"yes.."
 
 
"but why?" 
 
 
"i want you to replace the ring that was currently on your finger, with this ring.." 
 
 
Tiffany bit her bottom lip. How could she replace the ring? The ring that currently on her finger was given by Yuri. And Yuri was still her girlfriend. 
 
 
"believe me, Tae. Your ring is beautiful, and i want you to put it on me too. But, you know i'm still Yuri's girlfriend. I can't take off this ring just like that.." 
 
 
"does it mean, you reject me?" 
 
 
"it's not like that!" 
 
 
"then what? I don't understand you at all, Fany. I've been waiting and waiting, yet you never make it clear. Who do you really want? Me or her?" 
 
 
"..."
 
 
"please make it clear, Fany. I can't do this any longer.." 
 
 
 

 
 
Yuri wanted to sleep, but her mind wandered nowhere. She waited for Tiffany to come home even though she knew it wasn't necessary. 
 
Yuri sighed, and was about to close her eyes when she heard a click sound from the front door. Followed by some steps, her door then pushed open, revealing her girlfriend.
 
 
"you're home.." 
 
 
"you're still awake?" 
 
 
"i'm waiting for you. How's the photoshoot?" 
 
 
"uhm, it went smoothly.." 
 
 
"that's good, have you eaten?" 
 
 
"i had dinner with Tae earlier, what about you?" 
 
 
"i ate with the girls.." 
 
 
"okay.." 
 
 
Yuri watched her girlfriend changing clothes, she got up from the bed to go to the kitchen, but she felt a grip on her wrist, preventing her to go. 
 
 
"Yuri-aah.." 
 
 
"hmm?" 
 
 
"..." 
 
 
"what is it?" 
 
 
"..."
 
 
"hey.." 
 
 
"let's break up.." 
 
 
"what?"
 
 
"we better end this now.."
 
 
"what do you mean? Please don't fool me around again.." 
 
 
"it's not a joke. I'm serious with my words now.." 
 
 
"but, why?" 
 
 
"i'm sorry, Yuri. I'm so sorry.." 
 
 
Tiffany took off the ring from her finger that Yuri gave her last year, then put it on Yuri's palm with a heavy heart. She didn't dare to look at Yuri, she tried her best to avoid the latter's gaze. 
 
 
"please, Tiffany. Don't do this.." 
 
 
"i'm sorry.." 
 
 
Tears were threatening to fall from both of their eyes. Tiffany didn't know that it would be this hard. Her heart aching seeing Yuri's teary eyes.
 
 
"tell me, what did i do wrong? I'll fix it.." 
 
 
"it's not you, it's me.." 
 
 
"what do you mean?" 
 
 
"i'm sorry, Yuri. I'm so sorry, i don't deserve you. Thank you for always being a good girlfriend. Goodbye.." 
 
 
"wait, Tiffany! Please.." 
 
 
Tiffany fasten her pace towards her room with Yuri chasing behind. She quickly shutted her door closed, then locked it. Yuri knocked on the door, also trying to open it.
 
 
"Tiffany, don't do this, please. I love you.." 
 
 
Tiffany pressed her palms against to muffle her sobs. She leaned her back against the door, and slowly slid down onto the floor. She cried, she didn't know it would be hurt like this.
 
Tiffany could hear the others were outside, questioning Yuri what was going on. Instead of answering, Yuri kept knocking the door while desperately asking Tiffany to get out. 
 
 
"Tiffany, i love you.." 
 
 
Yuri slid down onto the floor too. Tears flowing like a river. Heart breaking into pieces. Knuckles all red because of knocking the door non stop. 
 
The girls were worried. They tried to talk to Yuri, but Yuri ignored them. So, they decided to go back to their room, and would try to talk to Yuri again tomorrow. 
 
Taeyeon could only watch with a guilt. 
 
 
 
"why, Tiffany. Why??" was all Yuri said till she got tired and fell asleep on the floor