Chapter Five

Rainbow

 

 
 
Yuri was smiling to herself. Today was their third anniversary as a couple. She was so excited, she wanted to make something special that couldn't be forgotten by her girlfriend, just like she did last year.
 
 
"you're creepy, why are you smiling to yourself, huh?" 
 
 
"it's our third anniversary.." 
 
 
"really?" 
 
 
"yes.." 
 
 
"woaah, long last for you two!" 
 
 
"thank you, Hyo.." 
 
 
"so, what's your plan?" 
 
 
"uhm, since i can't cook, i'll just take her to a restaurant for dinner.."
 
 
"romantic dinner, huh? That's nice.." 
 
 
"not only that, i have another plan though.." 
 
 
"well, you have to tell me the whole story later, okay?" 
 
 
"don't worry.." 
 
 
Yuri smiled even wider, she couldn't wait for her date with her girlfriend later at noon. She had arranged everything perfectly, all she could do was waiting for the schedule to finish. 
 
 
 

 
 
"baby.."
 
 
"hmm?" 
 
 
"what will you do if Yuri finds out?" 
 
 
Tiffany stared at the ceiling for a moment. The dorm was empty, there was only her and Taeyeon. They just layed down on the bed, holding hands.
 
 
"i don't know, Tae.." 
 
 
"why?" 
 
 
"i'll never have an answer for that question.." 
 
 
"who will you choose?" 
 
 
"..."
 
 
"you'll choose me, right?" 
 
 
Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon. She cupped the latter's face, giving a peck on the lips, and smiled reassuringly. Taeyeon waited for verbal answer. 
 
 
"don't worry.." 
 
 
 
And Taeyeon smiled.
 
 
 

 
 
"Tiffany.." 
 
 
Yuri just came home, she was exhausted and she just wanted to cuddle with her girlfriend. The dorm seemed like empty, the others might sleep already. 
 
The plan was all runied because of heavy rain outside. Also because she couldn't contact Tiffany. The latter's phone was off. She was so worried. 
 
 
"Tiff.." 
 
 
She went to her room, but no sight of her girlfriend. She went to the bathroom and kitchen, still no sight of the certain person. 
 
 
"Tiffany, baby.." 
 
 
Yuri was about to try to dial her girlfriend's number again, when she heard a faint noise from Taeyeon's room. She walked quietly to the room, and her eyes widen in shock. 
 
 
"ughh, Tae. Mmh.." 
 
 
"that's right, baby. Keep my name, Fany.." 
 
 
She couldn't believe her ears. She opened the door slowly and carefully, and yes, her girlfriend was there with Taeyeon hovering above her.
 
Words didn't come out. Mouth refused to be opened. Tears flowing like a river. Body went numb. And brain all shutted down. 
 
She loosen her grip on the doorknob, and slowly stepped back. Her heart shattered into pieces. She gathered her strenght to the front door, exited the dorm, then ran as fast as she could. Aimlessly. 
 
 
 
"how could you do this, Tiff?" 
 
 
 

 
 
Tiffany sat on the couch in front of the tv, she was quite worried for her girlfriend well-being. It was past midnight, and the latter hadn't come home yet.
 
 
"just sleep, she's not a kid, she'll get home eventually.." 
 
 
"i'll wait for her, i'm worried.." 
 
 
"she's not a kid, Fany.."
 
 
"why, Tae? I'm just worried, i know you're jealous. But i can't help myself to worry about her. She used to tell me if she would go home late, but now she doesn't.." 
 
 
"fine, suit yourself.." 
 
 
Tiffany sighed, Taeyeon sure had jealousy issue. She would talk to the latter tomorrow. 
 
Minutes passed, hour passed, and no sign of her girlfriend. She tried to dial her girlfriend's number, but always failed. She was about to dial her manager's number, but she heard a click sound from the front door. She immediately went to check it, and to her relief, her girlfriend came in.
 
 
"Yuri.." 
 
 
Yuri felt a painful feeling in her chest when she heard Tiffany's voice calling her name. The scene that she witnessed earlier repeated in her head.
 
 
"Yul, i've been waiting for you, where have you been?" 
 
 
Tiffany walked closer, and Yuri had to bit her lip. Tiffany turned Yuri to face her, and cupped the latter's face gently before planting a soft kiss on the lips. 
 
 
"someting happened?" 
 
 
Tiffany asked softly, and Yuri's tears fell down instantly. She cried for the nth times tonight. It hurted her, knowing that she had Tiffany, but the fact that she didn't really had her. Tiffany was never hers since the beginning. 
 
 
"hey, why are you crying?" 
 
 
Instead of answering, Yuri cried even more. Tiffany was panic, she pulled Yuri into a hug, and Yuri tighten the hug immediately. She burried her face into Tiffany's neck, and Tiffany felt her heart ached somehow. 
 
 
"ssh, i'm here.." 
 
 
They stayed like that for a little longer before they decided to go to bed. Tonight was not like the other night. Tiffany used to be the one who slept in Yuri's arms, however tonight was the opposite. 
 
Yuri was a bit calm. Tiffany kept Yuri's hair like Yuri used to do to her. Yuri closed her eyes, enjoying Tiffany's touch. 
 
 
"happy anniversary.." 
 
 
Yuri said, still with her eyes closed. Tiffany stopped caressing Yuri's hair for a moment. She forgot about it again. Well, she never remembered their anniversary anyway. Every year, it would be Yuri who made a surprise or whatsoever. 
 
 
"happy anniversary too, honey.." 
 
 
"i...."
 
 
"hmm?" 
 
 
"i love you.." 
 
 
 
As usual, Tiffany kissed Yuri's lips as a response. And Yuri once again had to hold back her tears tonight. Even if it hurts, she would endure it. Call her pathetic, but she just love the latter too much.