I can't take my eyes off her...

Star Dreams

Changjo’s POV-----------------

I saw Seung sshi again outside the dance hall. She was glancing around, as if she was searching for someone. I felt my lips curled up, I was…smiling. I walked carefully towards her, making sure she could not hear me nor see me. My heart was beating so fast, I don’t know if it is her or just the adrenaline of this sneaky moment! I stood inches away from her, careful not to touch her at all.

“Seung sshi,” I used the lowest tone I could possibly produce, making it airy and soft.

“WHAT THE F-!” I covered her from screaming again. Now I realize that if she could scream...It will be EXTREMELY loud...Probably louder than this?

“You really should stop screaming,” I whispered, smiling at her, uncontrollably.

“Then you should stop,” her voice was unnecessarily loud until I placed a finger on my lips, “scaring me!”

“You should really enter instead of staying outside,” I leaned on the wall next to her, looking across the hallway to avoid her gaze.

Silence crept between us suddenly. I didn’t feel like entering the dance hall and just stood beside her, leaning on the wall. I didn’t know what came over me really, I grabbed her wrist gently and tugged it for a short moment. “Follow me,” I muttered, I couldn’t tell if I was smiling or not, my face was totally the same ever since I saw her. I dragged her down the hallway, turning left to reach the lift. I pressed the 13th storey button and stood awkwardly beside her…

“Where are we going?” She panted, looking at me curiously.

“Just follow me,” I muttered.

I really couldn’t understand what I was doing! In my mind, everything that is appearing is her…and my secret dance hall room. When we reached the storey, I grabbed her wrists gently again and dragged her to the right hallway. There was an easily unnoticeable narrow hallway near there. It was dark and eerie but I sensed comfort from there, which was how I discovered it. I was about to lead her in until she stopped half way. She looked at me, concerned of where we were going but I gave her a smile of reassurance. She calmed down a bit and I gently pulled her through the darkness. She was starting to hesitate a fair bit more so I gently squeezed her in front of me as I led from behind her…

Seung’s POV----------------

After a minute or so walking in the darkness, I started to feel uneasy and uncomfortable. His hands on my shoulders, balancing me, urging me to continue walking on.

“Changjo sshi…where are we-?” I was about to ask until a distant light appeared ahead of me.

It was a room, with two of the walls covered by mirrors. The other bare walls were baby peach and the floors were wooden. It was adequate to practice in, small, quiet, peaceful and somehow comfortable. Changjo led me to a sofa that’s stationed at one corner of the room.

“Wow,” were the only words that came out from me.

“It’s peaceful isn’t it,” Changjo glanced slowly around the room, taking every part of it in, smiling comfortably. “Found it when I first got here,”

“How?”

“It’s dark and eerie, people don’t really want to enter it so,” he looked at me, “I got it all to myself!”

“It’s nice,” My voice trailed, looking at the softly lit room.

“Hey,” he exclaimed after a brief moment of silence, “I’ll teach you how to dance,”

“Wait…What?!” I blurted out, until he pulled me up.

“Come on, let’s do it!”

Normal POV--------------------------------------

The boy pulled her off the sofa and dragged her again to the middle of the room. “You saw us dance before right?” He spoke up, heading to the radio shelf. He carefully picked up a cd from the pile of cd cases. He placed it in the radio and the song from before boomed around the dance room. When it reached the time for the chorus, he showed her the dance and stopped the song.

“Can you do it?” He smiled at her.

“Sorry but…no,” She eventually shook her head, looking at the tall boy, shocked by how great he danced.

He smiled and stood beside her. He showed her the dance, step by step. After about forty-five minutes, she was able to dance to the chorus easily. She was laughing and smiling as she danced next to him. His eyes glued to the girl beside him. He thought of how beautiful she was even though it was masqueraded by her simple clothing, a part of her charm. As the song finally finished, she dropped to the ground, taking in deep breaths, a smile still on her face.

“You were surprisingly good!” Changjo grinned, walking clumsily to the radio shelf.

He was conversing with me while turning the radio off. Suddenly, a smooth and slow beat boomed across the room, scaring both of them. The rhythm was steady and a pleasure to listen and to dance.

“Ever tried ballroom dancing?” Changjo suddenly turned towards Seung.

She shook her head, tapping her fingers to the beat as well. He slowly, yet surprisingly gracefully, strides towards me. His smile being genuinely special, it somehow really made my heart skip a beat. His hand outstretched towards me, his body bent forward as a gesture for me to dance along with him…

Changjo’s POV--------------------

“I have never danced this before!” She admitted hastily, probably shocked by what I did.

I shook my head and urged her still, to take my hand. I may not be able to serenade to her just like how Niel hyung should be able to do, but I could dance…and that alone should be enough. She hesitantly took my hand, giving up to my constant urge. “I’ll teach you,” I whispered to her when she stood. I took her right hand and placed it on my left shoulder. I held her left hand with my right. I blushed, looking down at my feet as I hesitantly placed my left hand on her waist but she didn’t seem to notice.

“Now, gently sway to the right first and follow me,” I whispered to her ear.

As I moved, she easily followed me, her eyes glued to the ground. “Don’t worry about the steps, just follow the beats of the music,” I whispered again, I pulled her chin gently to let her face me completely and placed my hand back at her waist. She was blushing, I realized, and I smiled calmly at her, but my heart says otherwise…It couldn’t stop beating wildly as I stared into her deep blue eyes. When I took my eyes off her, I realize that we were twirling around the dance hall, our moves precise and according to the beats. When I felt her closing up to me, I suddenly turned wrongly and tripped on her leg.

“Ouch!” I could hear her react as she fell on the floor on her backside. I was the same and couldn’t move my legs for a moment due to shock.

I could hear a soft snicker that suddenly turned to laughter. I looked at her…she was laughing, enjoying the moment and obviously going through what had happened in her mind. My eye glued admiringly at her…She is beautiful…

This relationship…couldn’t be considered love until I prove to her how much she meant to me. I Love her…