Smile that Masquerades everything

Star Dreams

“Niel ah,” I emphasized as I walked towards him who was just leaning on the wall, at the opposite side of the door.

“What do you want hyung?” He growled angrily, but still remembering his manners.

He was still wearing his black denim jacket that was only buttoned a few below the collar, revealing his white shirt underneath. It will probably be hot in those clothes but I guess he is too angry to realize it. I leaned on the wall beside him and sighed. “Let me ask you a question,” I asked calmly, not wanting to show that I am seriously desperate to get his answers.

“What?” His gaze still on the floor, but the dark aura still isn’t gone.

“Do you like Seung?” I tend to be straightforward in some ways, but it helps get my answers quickly.

Instead of answering, he glared at me but finally looked away. “So I take that as a yes then?” I exclaimed, staring at the ceiling. My attention slowly moved on to him, he was staring at the floor, but his curly hair prevented me from seeing his expression.

“Damn you,” He whispered, facing me with irritation in his eyes.

“Hey, is that how you speak to your hyung?” I teased but then shrugged it away, he is angry, can’t blame him. “Why don’t you tell Seung then?”

“I don’t know, i don’t even know if she likes me,” he mumbled, looking away again.

“Oh right, the shy ‘I don’t know if she likes me” excuse!” I muttered again, maybe someday the others might kill me for teasing them so much.

 “You’re irritating hyung,” I mumbled again.

“I know. You got to tell her some day you know, if not, Changjo will take her!” I exclaimed again, and walked slowly to the door, “Well, if you need someone to go to, I can help,”

“Thanks hyung,” He whispered softly, but I was unlucky to be able to hear that.

I don’t know what to do if both of them relies on me. I can’t possibly take sides, so I guess I have to help them both and then, just sit back, relax. I’ll just have to watch the rest of the drama to see who gets her…

The next day-----------------------

“Yo, Changjo ah, you better now?” I exclaimed as I entered his room.

“Neh hyung, thanks for yesterday,” He said as he got off his bed normally.

“You’re welcome; you can rest more for now, because our next schedule is at night,” I explained and sat on Min Soo’s bed who is currently outside having his breakfast.

“Oh, it’s okay. I’m fully rested right now and I feel like I should apologize to Seung,” He muttered, sitting on the armchair near the television screen.

“Hey, Changjo ah,” I called out, I’m going to get the full story now, “Did you tell Seung you like her?”

“B-Bwo? Why so sudden hyung?” He laughed which really sounded fake and avoided my gaze.

“Nothing, by how she was acting yesterday, I thought you did,” I answered simply.

“How she was acting? Now I remembered, she took care of me before she even called Joe hyung and Nicole sshi. She kept repeating how I shouldn’t have kept my promise and such. As though she was sad,” He explained as he sat on his bed, facing me.

“Probably she was worried. So, are you going to tell her?” I asked bluntly again.

His face suddenly turned and he had a cheeky smile on before turning away. “I don’t know. Maybe soon I guess. I can’t let my chance slip by,” He said that with such confidence. I wonder how that didn’t came from Niel, who always had an air of confidence around him. I guess, there is more to this young maknae after all.

“I think you have a chance, but, you do know who you are up against right?” I got off the bed and walked towards the door.

“Is it by any chance,” He turned to face me, his eyes filled with guilt, “Niel hyung?”

“Find anyone else who might be interested in her?” I answered with a smile, “Anyways, if you need anyone to help you, I’ll be here,”

“Thanks,” He mumbled softly, looking away.

That was fun, now, I just have to go along with the flow…

CAP’s POV---------------------------

“So, how is Changjo?” I asked as he walked towards the kitchen.

“He is okay already. Fit for today’s schedule,” he answered, smiling at me goofily as he used to.

His smile always hid something beneath it. It is as though he is planning every single thing, acting along with it. His actions might be a pain in the sometimes, but he does help us when we need them. I sighed. “What’s wrong hyung?” He suddenly asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“You’re enjoying this too much are you not?” I exclaimed, taking another bite of my breakfast.

“What do you mean by that hyung?” He asked innocently yet again.

“Please, I know you too well and, they are not making it any less obvious. Yet they can still stay oblivious,” I muttered, resting my chin on my palm.

“Fine. I’m not that heartless you know. I’m just enjoying life as it is, that’s all,” he explained, giving me a mischievous smile.

“Go find a girl,” I retorted.

“Joe already took the girl I had in mind. So…no thanks, I’ll just sit back and see how their’s look like rather than creating one of my own,” He muttered arrogantly, giving me a cheeky smile yet once again.

How he even managed to make a goofy smile, I don’t know. He really gets on my nerves sometimes. “Just don’t take it too far. We still need them both in our band,” I commanded.

“Of course, I’m just going to help them with their problems. Nothing else,” He merely waved his hand as a sign to dismiss the subject.

“I really wonder how you put up a smile,” I mumbled and continued with my eating, but my eyes kept on staring at Chunji who was humming our song.

I can never understand him…He should find a girl soon…

Chunji’s POV---------------------------

It’s not like I’m doing anything. There is nothing wrong in just enjoying life. However, I really have to wonder, which Dongsaeng of mine will get Seungie…I looked at Min Soo hyung who was eyeing me suspiciously after asking me something.

“Smiles can masquerade every single emotion you have. No matter how sad, no matter how much you’re in despair, no matter how evil. I’ll have to say, smiles can go a long way,” I answered as I headed towards the door, “And Hyung, we have practice soon, better announce it quick,”

“Oh right,” He stood up, picking up his bowl and quickly washed it.

“I’ll be waiting at the practice room,” I muttered and headed towards the door.

“Okay then, Niel ah, Changjo ah, L.Joe ah, Ricky ah. Hurry get up you’re still sleeping! And if you are not, hurry out! We got practice!”

Now I wonder how Niel and Changjo will react to each other now… 

"Even though darkness wraps around me
Even though I can't even see one inch before me because it's too dark
The hurt heart, heart, heart of hers that got wounded
I will wrap around, I promise"

One Better Day- MBLAQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YO! Another quick update from me...it's a miracle! lol..I feel like i'm talking to myself here..And by the way..Please support the singers of the lyrics I've been placing in my Ongoing FF here..They are all great bands! And one more thing...Is it true that my FF is going way too fast?? My friend says it is..O.o