The Sick and The Smiling

Star Dreams

His back was facing me. His breathing ragged and he looked unstable.

“Kenchana?” I whispered, as though my voice would cause him to shatter.

He staggered a few paces and dropped to the floor, sliding his way to lean on the wall. I quickly moved to the area beside him. I placed a hand on his forehead to find it seriously hot. It was as if it’s on fire! I panicked; the only way to get water was to come out of that narrow area again. I shuddered.

“Jjinjja. I’m okay,” He mumbled again, moving his body constantly as if it wasn’t comfortable.

“No you’re not,” I replied and placed on of his arms over my shoulder and slowly helped him off his feet.

His weight certainly was pushing me down but soon, I got him to the sofa. I laid him down and saw his eyes slowly closing. I ran towards the dark narrow way and pushed myself on. I had to go back to our room, get a piece of towel and come back there. Without thinking any further, I ran as fast as I could, the wind brushing past my face…

When I reached my room, I could see the small space where I left the door open. Nicole is still inside! I slammed the door open and could practically see Nicole jump more than a few centimeters higher from the chair. I would have probably burst out laughing if Changjo wasn’t sick. I dashed pass her and grabbed my bag. I rummaged the small, petty bag and came out with a small cloth and my water bottle. I drained the water, refilled it with some cold tap water and got out of the toilet.

“What’s up? Why are you in such a hurry?” Nicole asked me, eyeing my actions all this while.

“Nothing,” I mumbled as I placed my shoes on.

“Wait, where are you-?” She was about to ask before I slammed the door close behind me again.

I ran as fast as I could to the lift, the cloth and the water bottle grasped tightly in my hands. In a matter of minutes, the dark narrow walkway stood right in front of me. I felt like closing my eyes as I enter the walkway but I don’t think that would actually be smart. I ran inside, my heart jumping all about. Soon, I could see the dance hall.

“Seung sshi…Is…that you?” The voice was soft and tired.

“Changjo sshi! Yea it’s me,” I ran beside him, placing the cloth and bottle down, I placed a hand on his forehead again.

My heart nearly missed a beat when I realized that his temperature was actually higher than before. I quickly soaked the cloth I brought and wiped his neck and face before placing it on his forehead. He seemed so weak and tired. I wonder why he even agreed to meet me; he could just call it off.

“Why didn’t you just stay in your room and rest?” I muttered as I felt his wet cheek. His temperature had subsided but it is still warm.

“Because…,” Changjo replied. I had to move closer to him to actually hear him but I didn’t complain, I wanted to hear his reason, “I…promised you,”

My heart sank. I couldn’t believe he is forcing himself to meet me even though he is this sick. It is sweet, but completely reckless. I don’t know what I might do if something even worse may happen to him. Then that soft heart-sinking voice spoke again, “Don’t…worry. I met you…because…I wanted to…,”

“I didn’t expect you to be that reckless,” I was shocked. I was confused by what he is trying to say but…I couldn’t help but laugh by his sweet words, but my smile didn’t last…

Rin’s POV--------------------------------------------------

“Are you going to teach me some dance moves?” I asked, trying hard to keep up with his long strides.

“No,” He muttered.

“Oh okay…Then what are we doing?” I found the courage to ask him but still avoided his gaze.

“Just follow me, Ricky wanted me to specifically do something,” He answered, and finally we made eye contact.

“Don’t worry. I won’t do anything to hurt you,” He smiled and led me down to the ground floor.

“Where are we going really?” I asked again.

“We’re going to go eat,” He finally answered.

“What?!” Rin shouted, “Why? Where?”

He kept silent. His gaze still kept front. He was wearing a black jacket, jeans and was wearing a cap but was hidden within the hood. We took a car, noticed to be a small black van. The both of us sat in silence and as I was staring out the window, I kept having the feeling that cap is staring at me.

“Why are we going out to eat?” I finally asked again.

“I have never met someone who asks a lot of questions,” He sighed and looked at me, “I guess I have now seen everything,”

“Sorry,”

He laughed and looked back towards the window beside him. “But seriously, where are we going?” I asked again. I somehow find it fun to irritate him. I only dare to irritate Seung though, even though her revenge is scarier each time.

“I guess I have never seen someone who enjoys irritating people as well,” He sighed even longer than the previous one.

“No really, where-?” I was about to continue for the sake of irritating him until he cut me off.

“We are going to the restaurant the members and I like. I promised Ricky that we should go somewhere today because he felt guilty. So now, we are here on the way to the restaurant with you pestering me about where we are going!” He blurted out, giving me a tired look.

“Wow,” Was the only thing that could escape my mouth.

He sighed and suddenly, he started snickering. His snicker suddenly bursts out laughing until somehow, I could feel a smile spreading across my face. His temper is seriously funny! It’s actually very awkward to call someone’s temper hilarious but I just can’t help it!

CAP’s POV----------------------------------------

I could feel the awkwardness between us just resided for a moment. When I looked at her, my heart skipped a beat. I know it somehow sounded cliché but she looks somehow…pretty with that smile on her face.

“So…What do you like to eat?” I asked her which obviously made her shocked.

I wonder if I look angry most of the times. Maybe that is the reason why she is scared of me. “I’m okay with anything really,” She answered me with a smile.

“I’ll have to admit…I can’t read you at all!” I thought…But she is staring at me. DID I SAY THAT ALOUD?!

“What do you mean by, “I can’t read you at all”? Do you always try to read someone’s mind?” She asked, moving closer to me.

“Damn,” I whispered to myself.

“What’s that? I didn’t get you,” She moved closer.

“No no. It’s nothing!” I shouted, unknowingly moving closer to the door, away from her.

“Hmph…Are we there yet?” She smiled again, moving back to her side. I don’t know why but…I’m really starting to like her…

Rin’s POV-----------------------------------------

After my question, it all went silent. However, it was comfortable. Both of us kept on smiling whenever we made eye contact. I have never seen him smile that much before, and it’s nice to actually see him smile once in awhile. Soon, the car came to a stop and CAP called me to get off. In front of us stood a small and quaint restaurant that has menus all over the entrance. As we entered the restaurant, there was a small and assuring bell, alarming people of our entrance…

" no matter how hard i try to forget

no matter how many new people i meet

why do i keep thinking of only you when i turn around

i don't want to do this anymore. i want to stop.

no matter how many times i try and try to stop myself

it's no use. my heart is broken"

 2pm - heartbeat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey People!!! I just made a new main image!! This is the fist time i made one with this new software  found!! keke...Thanks for the 9 subscribers I have...Spread my story plz...No matter how boring I THINK it is....Ghamsahamnida!!