Chapter 44 (Kris)

Story 1 (mama)

Chanyeol.. Yifan awoke on a cold linoleum floor. But what room was it? What time was it? He felt different then he had in ages, but he still had no idea where or when he had awoken to. And it was so unnerving. He had a deep longing for his family. His mom and dad and older sister. If he was with them, everything would be safe and normal. But then... 

He thought about Kyungsoo. And he shot up. Fully awake. He was in a kitchen. But was it in a basement? He didn't remember being in this place before. It had never been a thing.


Or had it? As his mind wandered, he could vaguely remember eating in the cafeteria right outside these doors. And just upstairs was a bunch of offices. And beyond that... the outside world. But where was Kyungsoo in all that mess? He didn't know. He still wasn't himself.


Should he wander the building looking for his.. boyfriend, or get the hell out of here since the path to freedom was so clear in his mind? There was no clear decision in his fogged-up brain, but he really longed for his own safety.


He stood shakily and pushed the double doors between kitchen and cafeteria and was once again rewarded with the darkness of abandonment. Where was everybody? An eery feeling of dread shuddered through his body. Maybe he was dead and this was what the afterlife was like. An empty void in the place where he couldn't even save the man he loved.


He was shocked back into reality when he turned the next corner. Somehow his feet had taken him to the room in where Kyungsoo was being held. Only this time, the two bodyguards looked directly at him and nodded. The one even opened the door for him. He glanced warily between the two. Unsure of what it meant. Where was Arthur? Beyond the door? Ready with not a syringe this time but a razor sharp knife.


"He should be waking up soon." One of the bodyguards interrupted his thoughts.


"Arthur had business to attend to in another town." The other added. Yifan didn't ask what the business was. He didn't care as long as he could get Kyungsoo and get the out of there.