Effects

Decisions

 

            I grabbed her hand and ran her up there. My jacket was thin so she would be a little wet.

            “Thanks,” she said and gave me back my jacket.

            “You’re welcome. And when you go to work tomorrow, work on my outfit first, I want my Pikachu shirt.”

            She smiled. She looked so pretty and cute, even when she was cold and wet. “I promise, night.”

            She walked in and I jogged to the nearest subway. When I got home, the boys starting laughing.

            “So, Junhyung,” Dujun said and put his arm on my wet shoulder. “What were we talking about this morning?”

            “Rehearsal.”

            “Hyung,” Gikwang asked eagerly, “can we act it out?”

            “Sure,” he replied.

            “I’m Dujun!” Hyunseung said. “Junhyung, why don’t you bring a heavier jacket? It’s going to rain today.”

            “Aish,” Gikwang said dramatically. “Hyung, the sun is bright and the sky is blue! How can it rain?”

            “I checked the weather,” Yoseob said, his part was himself.

            “Then the report is wrong.” Gikwang skipped away after saying that.

            “If that isn’t accurate then I don’t know what is,” Dongwoon said.

 

            The next day, I felt sick and stayed home. Well played weather report, well played. . .

 

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~

 

            I knocked on the door. “Junhyung, it’s me, Hyunseung told me to come over because you’re sick.”

            “I’m fine, I’m about to go to Cube right now!” His voice cracked at the end and I heard a crash, like he tripped trying to get out of bed.

            I sighed, knowing that this might lead into a fight. I opened the door anyway.

            I looked at Junhyung, he was in the process of taking off his shirt. Both of us stared at each other for a second before he said, “Yah! What do you think you’re doing!?”

            I closed the door quickly and walked out of the dorm. Well wasn’t that just the most awkward moment of my life, I thought. I called Hyunseung quickly.

            “So how’s Junhyung?” he asked politely.

            “Oppa! I can’t take care of Junhyung, if I take another sick day I’ll be fired, besides, he doesn’t need to be taken care of – he’s Yong Junhyung!”

            “He’s sick Maeji, and you’re his closest friend! And I’ll tell your boss you’re busy okay?”

            “Oppa, please, it’s too awkward!”

            “You’re calling me oppa? You must really not want to do this. But it’s only for today, just one day. Besides what could have happened that made it so awkward? Ah, the break is over! Bye!”

            I put my head against the dorm door. “Just one day,” I kept repeating.