Turned Tables

Decisions

 

Junhyung’s POV

            Everyone was asleep now. I should be too, but I couldn’t. Tonight was perfect. Maeji was smiling. Maeji was laughing. Maeji was happy.

            This was how I wish she could be forever. I didn’t want to see her stressed or crying anymore. I wanted her to always have a smile on her face and not have to worry about anything. If she was mine, I’d take care of her.

            I pressed my lips together then smiled.

            Dongwoon, I don’t care how many times you kissed Maeji. She kissed me and that’s all that matters.

            It’s bad that I didn’t want to stop kissing her, isn’t it? I know it is. I’ve become such a bad hyung. . .

            I sighed and got off of the couch.

            I knocked on Dongwoon’s door, and he didn’t answer. I walked in anyway.

            “Dongwoon.”

            He didn’t move. I poked his cheek and his eyes opened.

            “Hyung, what are you doing?” he asked sleepily.

            “I’m sorry.”

            He blinked a few times. “What?”

            “I’m sorry for getting mad at you before. Now go back to sleep, it’s late.” I walked out of his room and closed the door behind me. I think awkwardness is something Maeji and me have in common. Aish, I should stop thinking about something I can’t have.

            I can’t though. I can’t help think that I would be better for her.

            I care about her. . . And Seomin wanted me to take care of her even if she’s with someone else. Sure it would be easier if she was with me, but I don’t want to break them up anymore. . .

            I went back into his room and the lights.

            “Junhyung hyung, why do you keep waking me up?”

            “Because I have something to tell you and It’s important, sit up.”

            He moved the blankets off of him and sat up while rubbing his eyes.

            “Listen, okay? She isn’t good with some foods and drinks, and she doesn’t like smoking. She’s been alone long enough so always be with her. Make sure you celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.”

            “Hyung why are you quoting Say No? And isn’t it She can’t drink a lot not whatever you said?”

            My face fell. “I’m talking about Maeji right now. Remember that and go back to sleep.” I turned the lights off and closed the door behind me.

                                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dongwoon’s POV

            After hyung left for the second time, my phone started vibrating.

Maeji Calling

            I sighed. I wanted to talk, but at the same time I wanted her to call Junhyung. I had to answer though because of what he told me. Does that mean that I can be with Maeji? Does it mean that he doesn’t love Maeji?

            “Hi Maeji,” I said.

            “Dongwoon-ah, is Junhyung around?”

            What…? “Oh, yeah he is.”

            “Could I talk to him? He isn’t answering my calls.”

            “Oh, yeah sure. One second.” I got out of my room and saw Junhyung in the kitchen. He was waiting for water to boil.

            “Hyung, it’s Maeji.”

            He took the phone quicker than I would’ve liked. He started smiled when he said hi to her and I went back in my room.

            Junhyung and Maeji, not Dongwoon and Maeji, I repeated in my head. I needed to end it with Maeji, but I couldn’t bring myself to. I liked her. And I didn’t want Junhyung to get mad at me.

            I heard the front door close.

            “Hyung! Are you here?” I called loudly. That probably wasn’t the best idea. “Hyung?”

            I got out of bed again and looked.

            He wasn’t in the kitchen, and he left in hurry since he didn’t even turn off the stove. The water was boiling and I put in the ramen. Hey, I’m hungry, and I’m not going to pass up ramen. It wouldn’t matter if my face was puffy tomorrow, we didn’t have a schedule.

            “Why are you making ramen this late?” Gikwang asked.

            “I didn’t start it – Junhyung boiled the water.”

            “Then why are you going to eat his ramen?”

            “Because I’m hungry. . .”

            “Get me a bowl because I am too.”

            I laughed at my pabo hyung. “Did I wake you up earlier?”

            “With your hyung call? Yeah,” he replied and leaned against the counter.

            “Uh, hyung, can I ask you something?” I started serving us.

            “Sure.”

            “If you know two people are perfect together, should you bring them together and make them a couple?”

            “I suppose so, but that’s only if they want to be together.”

            “Well what if they already kissed?” I handed him his chopsticks.

            “Then it would be a good thing for them to be a couple.”

            “But what if one of them was already with someone else and that person that they’re dating is unsure if they should give them up or not?”

            “Then the person they’re dating is greedy. If they’re unsure, then they should let that person go. That’s what people do if they want the best for someone they care about.”

            “Are you saying that the person they’re dating would actually love them more than they person they should be with?” I asked.

            He shook his head and ate some ramen. “No, because Junhyung has known Maeji longer than you and has been with her through more than you have. So the two of them are closer and care for each other more.”

            My jaw dropped.

            “You’re hyung isn’t as much of a pabo as everyone thinks he is.”