Long Time, No See

Decisions

 

            “Good morning,” they replied.

            I opened the door to the meeting room and we all sat down. I took out my phone quickly as the boys talked to each other.

            *Boss! They’re here!!!* I texted quickly.

            I heard the click of someone running in heels.

            Joo greeted them and we waited for their manager and other stylists to arrive.

            As I was digging through my purse for a mint or something else to keep me occupied, I felt someone staring at me.

            I looked up. It was Junhyung. Remember me? I wanted to say.

            Luckily, I didn’t have to. “Maeji! Is that you?”

            I nodded. “Long time no see, huh, Junhyung?”

            “Wow. So this is what you decided to do?”

            “This is what I’m training to do,” I corrected.

            The other stylists and manager came in and the meeting began. Instead of choosing one of the designs, they chose all three! Apparently, they could all be used in the upcoming music videos.

            When the meeting finished, Junhyung and I exchanged numbers and said we should all meet after work. I rode back to the office with Joo happily. She was ecstatic too, and all we did that day was order the fabric and clothes we needed, get the mannequins ready, and celebrate. I got off at a decent hour this time, six o’ clock.

            Since Junhyung didn’t call yet, I decided to go to Chae’s café. When I told her what happened, both of us jumped up and down screaming. There are some things that you can only do with girls.

            While I helped her close up, Junhyung called.

            “Hi Maeji, can we still meet?”

            “Of course, I haven’t seen you for years! We need to catch up!”

            “Okay, well do you mind if the rest of the members come too?”

            “No, but if you’re hungry–”

            “Are you kidding me!? We’re starving!”

            “Dongwoon!” Junhyung said. “Sorry about that. I think that will be the last time I use speakerphone.”

            I laughed it off. “That’s fine. Besides I’m at Asia Café, do you know where that is?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Okay, meet me here. You better hurry, Chae works here so that’s why it’s open after hours.”

            “Alright, see you two soon!”

            “Bye,” I said then hung up.

            “Hey who was that?” Chae asked.

            “Junhyung, him and the rest Beast are going to meet us here.”

            After she had a mini heart attack, they came.

            When she saw Hyunseung, everything she wanted me to tell him spilled out.

            Cutest thing. Ever.

            We ate inside and Chae got Hyunseung’s number (I felt the need to throw a party after such an accomplishment) and we all talked about ourselves. Like where were from and our families, stuff like that.