Goodnight?

Decisions

 

Junhyung’s POV

            I smiled to myself. “I guess so.”

            He put his hand on my shoulder. “Well it looks like we’re done. Go rest now, I know Umma is going to want to show you off again.”

            “Alright, night Appa.” I turned to leave, but then I faced him again. “Did you put my bags in my room?”

            “No, there was a bug problem earlier this week and the exterminator said no one should go in for a week. So you’re in the guest room.”

            “Oh, okay.”

            When I got into the room, I opened my luggage and got out sweats and a t-shirt to change into. I took off my shirt, and I heard a fast-paced song come on. It sounded like a ringtone, but it wasn’t mine. Then it must be. . . Maeji’s? It is Maeji’s! But then that means. . . WE’RE STAYING IN THE SAME ROOM! Wow, our plan is working better than I thought!

            The bathroom door opened and Maeji ran to the other side of the bed and answered her phone.

            “Hello? Oh, Chae, hi.” She laughed a little then turned around . . . and screamed. I would’ve too, you know, if I was a girl and in nothing but a towel with a shirtless guy staring straight at her.

            “Chae, I’ll call you back,” she said before hanging up.

            “Well this is awkward.”

            She ran back in the bathroom.

            I grabbed my phone and called Hyunseung.

            “Hyuuuuuung!”

            “Junhyung-ah, are you trying to show aegyo?” he asked.

            “No hyung, but we made it and,” I lowered my voice, “we’re sharing a room!”

            “Wah, Junhyung! That’s great! One second. . . Okay, Dongwoon wants to talk to you.”

            “Hyung,” he said.

            “Yeah?”

            “Tell Maeji that my phone broke and I’m getting it fixed. Have fun, bye.”

            “Alright,” I said, trying to hide how happy I was.

            “Okay Junhyung, I’m going to take Chae home now. I’ll see you when you come back.”

            “Bye hyung, tell everyone to get some rest and eat well.”

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Maeji’s POV

            I got dressed quickly and started brushing my teeth. Aigoo! That was so awkward!!! But maybe, was it a good thing? I mean, he might feel the same way and want to keep at a distance. That dream meant nothing, yeah? Yeah. I am Son Dongwoon’s girlfriend. Yong Junhyung and me are like oppa and dongsaeng. We’re close, but I am Son Dongwoon’s girlfriend, and we both know it.

            “Hey, can I come in?”

            I opened the door.

            “Sorry about earlier, I didn’t mean to surprise you. But didn’t you figure out that we would be in the same room?” he asked as he put toothpaste on his toothbrush.

            “It’s okay, and I did but I thought Appa put all of luggage in here because he didn’t know whose was whose,” I replied while brushing my teeth.

            “Maeji-ah, I have black suitcases. You have cheetah print. I think Appa is smart enough to know which ones belong to you and which ones belong to me.” He was brushing too, but when he spent the night at our house we – being Junhyung, Seomin, me, and Chae if she slept over – would brush our teeth together and talk so I knew how to translate brushing-speak.

            “Why did you rush to get your phone anyway?”

            “I thought it might be Dongwoon.”

            “Oh. . . By the way, I talked to him and Hyunseung earlier. His phone is broken but it’s getting fixed. I wouldn’t expect any calls from him.”

            “Alright. . .”

            We didn’t talk until we both were done brushing.

            “So what's up with Chae?”

            “I’m not sure, she probably just wanted to make sure that I knew about ChaeSeung,” I laughed.

            “She hasn’t really changed, has she? I mean besides getting taller.”

            I smiled. “She’s mellowed out. You guys might not fight anymore if you’re alone for more than ten minutes.”

            “Really? How long do you think we could go for?”

            “Eleven,” I replied decidedly.

            He laughed then yawned.

            “I think I’m ready to go to sleep too.”

            We walked back into the bedroom and laid down on the bed. I turned to face the door, and Junhyung faced me. We sat up, surprised.

            “Aren’t you going to sleep in your room?” I asked.

            “There's a bug problem,” he explained.

            “Well, fine we’ll both sleep here but we can’t cross this pillow.” I took one of the pillows behind me and set it between us.

            “Okay, goodnight then?”

            “Yeah, night.”

Morning~

            I woke up late. The sunlight was streaming through the window and Junhyung was gone. I checked my phone – it was almost eleven. I got out of bed quickly and got ready.

            When I walked out, Junhyung was coming down the hall. Was he going to wake me up?

            “Good morning Sleeping Beauty,” he said. “Umma and Appa went to the neighborhood meeting.”

            “Oh okay.”

            “Breakfast is still on the table.”

            “Alright,” I replied and started walking. “Aren’t you coming?”

            “I just came to get my phone. I’ll be out soon.” So I guess he wasn’t coming down here to wake me up. . . But I shouldn’t care. I’m Cho Maeji, SON DONGWOON’S GIRLFRIEND.

            I walked to the table and served myself what was left from everyone else. I hadn’t had real home-cooked food in so long. It was so so so so so so SO good. . .

            I saw Junhyung walk out. “I’ll be in the living room,” he told me.

            I nodded because my mouth was full of food. When I finished, I cleaned up then went to where Junhyung was.

            “So what are we going to do today?” I asked.

            “Hmm, I don’t know. What did you want to do?”

            “Should we go to the park?”

            “Sure why not?”

            We got up and went into the room to get our stuff.

            “Bring a jacket, it looks cold.”

            “Okay,” I said. I was about to remind him to bring his phone, but I saw it on the nightstand where he left it. That didn’t make sense though, he said he had it and he didn’t put it down because he went directly to his luggage. . . HE DID MEAN TO WAKE ME UP. I quickly smiled to myself.

            “We should bring money too, in case we get hungry,” I reminded him as I grabbed my phone and wallet.

            “Alright. Do you have everything?”

            “I just need to decide on a jacket. Which one should I wear?”

            “Maeji, no one cares,” he said and turned around. He looked at the three jackets I placed on the bed. “But wear the blue one.”

            “Which blue one?” I asked and took the white one away.

            “There’s only one blue one.”

            “No, this is turquoise,” I corrected and pointed to it, “and this is midnight blue.”

            “It looks black.”

            “Well it’s blue.”

            “Are your jeans blue or black?” he asked.

            “They’re black.”

            “Didn’t you always say that it’s good to have “a pop of color”? Since your shirt is white where the lighter blue one.”

            “Turquoise,” I coughed.

            “Then wear the turquoise one,” he replied.

            I put it on and we walked out of the house.

 

Okkk so I know this chapter is a bit boring but I'll make it more interesting when I update next time (which will be soon!) And please comment... I miss having them...