Leaving For The Night

Decisions

 

            I smiled at the little joke and opened the door. We walked in and Dongwoon set the two bowls next to the water.

            “Hyung, do you need more tea?” he asked.

            “Yeah, but just get me water.”

            Dongwoon took his cup and left.

            “The water isn’t cold anymore,” I said as I put his washcloth back in it. “I’ll go get you more.”

            “No, Dongwoon can. I want you to stay in here again.”

            “He’s already getting you water though, and he was working all day,” I began and picked up the bowl.

            “Yah Maeji, you’ve been working even harder!”

            “I napped half of the time.  . .”

            “But that took determination.” Did he really say that? The fact that he wanted me to stay with him both stung my heart and made it flutter.

            “Oppa,” I whined. PIA!

            He looked at me with surprised happiness.

            “I uhm, what I meant was, I. . . I. . . I’m going to go get more water now.” I walked to the door and I saw Dongwoon standing there with his water.

            I didn’t know what to say since I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. He looked confused and hurt maybe? I just walked into the kitchen and got water and put ice cubes in it this time. I looked at the cake and since it was almost gone, I figured it was good. I brought back the bowl and Junhyung was already eating.

            I sat on his bed again. “I have to go soon; I’m meeting Chae and getting her birthday present.”

            He pouted a little, something I’d never seen him do.

            “Don’t think your aegyo will make me stay, besides it’s late and I can’t stay here,” I told him firmly.

            “Well go now then, it’s almost ten, right? But give me a hug first. I haven’t seen you in seven years.”

            I smiled and gave him a goodbye hug. “If you’re still sick, call me and I’ll come over at lunch,” I offered.

            “Alright.”

 

            I waved goodbye then went to the living room with the rest of Beast.

            “Bye everyone,” I said and headed for the door.

            “You’re leaving?” Dongwoon asked, he looked a little disappointed.

            “Yeah, it’s Chae’s birthday tomorrow so I need to get her present and we meet every night.”

            “Wah!” I looked over at Hyunseung, he spit his soda out.

            “What?” I asked.

            “Nothing. . .” he said casually. “But does she have any plans?”

            “I know her family celebrated with her today and tomorrow we’re going to have dinner and maybe go to a club.”

            “Oh okay. . . Can I come with you right now? I’ve been talking to her lately–”

            “Hyunseung likes Chae Hyunseung likes Chae,” Yoseob sang.

            “Yah! Yang Yoseob,” Dujun said. “Shut up!”

            “So can I?” Hyunseung repeated.

            “Sure, Chae won’t mind.”

            Hyunseung got up and Dongwoon said, “Wait, are you walking home?”

            “Well,” I said, thinking. “I had to pick up her dress but I’m going to have to get it tomorrow since my building will be closed soon. So I’ll be walking.”

            “Then I’m coming. You shouldn’t be walking alone at night.”

            “Thanks but you don’t need to, I walk alone all the time so I’ll be okay.”

            “You’re like Junhyung hyung’s sister, so you’re like my sister.”

            I pouted a little. “Okay, I guess you’re right. Come on, I don’t want to keep Chae waiting.”