Going Home

Decisions

 

            The next morning I woke up at eight. I took a shower and got ready. I opened my closet. I took out my suitcases. I put in my pajamas and personals first, because it took me forever to decide on normal clothes. When I finished that, I went in the bathroom and packed my make up, toothbrush, and everything else I’d need.

            My phone started ringing.

            “Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Junhyung.”

            “Good mo~rning,” a sing-song voice replied.

            “. . . Junhyung?”

            “Lee Gikwang! What are you doing with my phone!?” I heard Junhyung yell.

            “I’m helping you!” I heard him moving and he started to whisper. “Maeji, Junhyung–”

            “So Maeji, have you packed yet?” I heard Junhyung ask.

            “MAEJI! HE L–”

            “GIKWANG!”

            “Uhm, yeah I’m packing right now. I’ll see you when you get here. Bye!” I laughed at them. So cute.

            I looked at my suitcases. One was half full. Okay, so what would I need to pack for? Casual, and the weather was warm. But it could always rain. . . Alright, I’ll take shorts and jeans. And I jacket! I couldn’t forget that if it rained. But what if we went out? Or something special was going on? I packed a few going-out outfits and jewelry. What if it was raining when we went out? I put in cuter jackets.

            While I was trying to zip the suitcases, someone knocked on my door.

            “Coming!” I’ll deal with you later suitcases. . .

            I opened the door and Junhyung was there with food and his suitcases.

            “Ready?”

            “Uh. . .”

            He laughed. “Don’t worry; the train doesn’t leave until noon. I remembered that you take a long time to pack.”

            “Wah! You’re good! Well I’ll be done soon, I just need to zip it.”

            “I’ll help.”

            We walked into my room and Junhyung stood in front of my luggage and sighed.

            “What?”

            “You over packed. Like REALLY over packed.”

            “Well I’m prepared.”

            “Call it whatever you want, but get another suitcase out.”

            I pulled out my third one from my closet. “Just for the record, I tried to conserve space.”

            “Maeji, when has that ever been possible for you and packing?”

            “Just help me pack.”

            We started putting in the going-out clothes and I saw Junhyung smirk. There’s nothing wrong with looking good, yeah?

            When we finished, we put my suitcases next to his. He had two, I had three. There wasn’t that big of a difference. I mentally meronged Junhyung behind his back.

            “I bought coffee and omurices from Chae,” he said and we went into where he put them.

            “You did?”

            “Yeah, she also told me to tell you the good news.” He took a drink of his coffee.

            “And?”

            “ChaeSeung.”

            “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I started jumping and spinning. “They’re dating they’re dating~”

            “You’re like a little kid,” he said with a smile. “Eat up.” He pushed the bowl towards me. I took one of the plastic spoons and started eating.

            When we finished our breakfast, it was about ten-thirty and we were sitting on my couch watching TV.

            “Seomin hasn’t talked to me in a while.” I said.

            “Is that good or bad?”

            “I’m not sure. It was good because I knew he was still alive, but bad because he always wanted money.”

            “You should call him then. He might have something to tell everyone back home.”

            I shrugged. Probably not, but I’ll try. “I’ll put it on speaker so you can talk to him.”

            “Yah, Maejiiiiiiii,” he slurred.

            “Seomin-ah, you’re drunk aren’t you?” Great, I thought sarcastically.

            “No no no, it’s called wastedddd,” he said in English.

            “Well get unwasted. Junhyung is with me–”

            “Junhyung! Really? Hey man! Wassssuuuuup?”

            “Yah! Speak in Korean, you speak Engrish when you’re drunk,” I told him.

            “Yeah, yeah. So Junhyung, how’s it going? You in a band yet?” he asked drunkenly in Korean.

            “I’m good. I’m in Beast now, I’m the rapper. Maeji and me are going back home today. Is there something you wanted us to tell everyone?”

            He laughed. “Aish, what makes you think I want to tell any of our old friends something? They’re probably not even there anymore. But tell your family I said thanks. You know for putting up with me!”

            “Okay, hyung.”

            “Hyung. . . Haven’t been called that in a while. . . Waaaaait! You’re going back home with Maeji? Are you two dating? Or is she pregnant? Oh my God! I’m going to have a brother! And a niece or nephew!” I heard him start to cry.

            “Yah oppa! Nothing like that. It’s a visit, that’s all. Take care of yourself and eat well. Bye.”

 

Junhyung’s POV

            Our hometown was about an hour away from Busan, so we’d be there by dinner time. I couldn’t wait for my mom’s food. Kimchi, beef, udong, rice, and maybe some of Grandpa’s beer or soju. I liked alcohol, but I wasn’t addicted to it. It was more of a treat, and I never drank enough to get drunk.

            We were an hour or so away from Busan, and Maeji was asleep. She never could wake up early and make it through a whole day without a nap. I remember when I went into her class and she was asleep on her book. The teacher didn’t notice, which was lucky. She looked so cute then. Her hair was a lot longer then. I used to call her Rapunzel because it was at her hips. It was wavy too, and thick. I wonder if it still is. Lately, I’ve only seen it straight.

            She moved a little bit and her head was on my shoulder. I felt my heart beat faster.

                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okayyy so just to let you guys know, I love comments :) Seriously, they make me explode into bubbles and rainbows :)

And this is a little late buuuuuut THANK YOU for subscribing! :D

<3