Back In Seoul

Decisions

 

Maeji’s POV

            “Did the Jeremy Scott shipments come in?” Joo asked as she reviewed the papers on her desk.

            “It’s supposed to, but the mail hasn’t come around yet.”

            “Go to the mail room now! I need to see shoes he sent!”

            “I’m already gone!” I said and rushed out of her office. I had gotten a week off from Kim Joo. She was too nice, but I could tell that her regular assertive self was coming back.

            I took the elevator to the mailroom and asked Mi Rae for anything addressed to Joo.

            “Here’s the last of it,” she said and handed me a manila envelope along with the several boxes. “Need any help?”

            “No I got it, thanks though.”

            I bumped the elevator button with my hip and walked in.

            I heard – I had too many boxes to have the joy of seeing – two people come in.

            “What floor?” a familiar voice asked.

            “Six, please.”

            “Maeji?” Was that Junhyung? The person took two boxes down.

            “Are you an intern for the mailroom too?” Junhyung asked.

            “No, I just had to pick up some stuff.”

            “Maeji, I’m here too you know.”

            I turned. “Oppa!” He put his arm around my shoulder.

            “What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

            “We’re giving a thank you gift to Joo and her staff. Dujun’s here too, but he had to take a call.”

            “Oh, okay.”

            “So how was your trip? I didn’t get to ask you last night.” Dongwoon asked.

            “It was nice, it’s still the same from when I left, haha.”

            We still had a little bit until the sixth floor. . . Awkward silence. It’s like they knew that I had those dreams about Junhyung.

            The doors opened and I took the two boxes. “I’ll see you,” I said before leaving.

            I managed to open Joo’s door. “They came!”

            “Good, good, set them here,” she said and nodded to the space next to her.

            I put them down and set the envelope on her desk and she set down the papers she was looking at. She handed my a mail knife and we started opening up the packages.

            Halfway through, Young Hee told us to come out.

            We walked out, and there they were.

            “We’d like to thank everyone on Kim Joo-ssi’s staff for helping us with our comeback,” Dujun said.

            Everyone clapped.

            “It’s not just us that make a good show, it’s everyone involved,” Junhyung added.

            “So thank you!” Dongwoon finished. They had a box too, and began passing out albums.

            After they left, Joo and all of the girls had a mini fangirling moment. It was cute, and Joo put her CD into her laptop and seemed to be in a better mood and not so stressed about Jeremy Scott.

            “I think something like a modern Kim Andre-style dress will go well with these,” she said and held up a pair of black heels with spikes around them.

            “Yeah,” I agreed.

 

            The rest of the day was pretty easy, just sketching and I still worked late, but not that hard. I didn’t see Chae though, because she had a date with Hyunseung, but we talked on the phone before she left. On my way home, I stopped by the store to get some ramen.

            I the TV and listened to whatever drama was on as I cooked it. I served myself a bowl and went to watch the show, and my phone started ringing.

            I didn’t recognize the number, but I knew it was a California one because it had the same area code as Seomin’s.

            I put down my chopsticks reluctantly. “Hello?”

            “Is this Maeji?” the voice asked.

            “Yes, who is this?”

            “This is the San Francisco Police Department.”