I Like You?

Decisions

 

            It wasn’t slow, but it wasn’t quick either. My finger was between our lips so we didn’t do a full on kiss, still it was awkward. For me, anyway.

            He glanced at me quickly then held my hand as Hyunseung and Chae (who were also holding hands, the sweethearts) walked out.

            “You look so pretty, Chae!” I squealed.

            She blushed. “Thanks.”

            “Happy birthday,” Dongwoon said and handed her a signed CD.

            She fangirled, put it in her room, and we went to the restaurant.

            Hyunseung thought ahead and had booked a private room for us. At first I thought that wasn’t needed since there probably wouldn’t be any fans eating there, but I was wrong. As soon as we walked through the door, there was a scream and as were led to the room I heard everyone’s “whispers.”

            “Who the heck are they?”

            “Why are they with oppa?”

            “Agh, I’m so jealous!”

            “Lucky girls!”

            And maybe the nicest one of all: “Look at all her make up! It’s like she has a seven-layer cake on her face! Why would oppa like her?”

            When we sat down, both Hyunseung and Dongwoon told us not to pay attention to what they said. I didn’t think much of the comments in the first place.

            After dinner, we left out of the back entrance and got into a taxi. Dongwoon whispered to the driver where we were going. Hyunseung was too busy being a couple a Chae. He better make her his girlfriend tonight!! I thought in my head.

            The boys covered our eyes as we got closer and we were dropped off at different spots. When Dongwoon and I got out, he told me to close my eyes and helped me out of the taxi. He probably planned to lead me with my eyes closed all the way, but I kept stumbling – I was wearing heels and I couldn’t see anything, probably a bad combination – so he picked me up. And the next thing I knew, I heard water splashing.

            “Okay, open.”

            I saw lights everywhere. We were surrounded by them. They hung from the trees that formed a large ring around the water. They weren’t too bright either; they glowed just enough for the perfect moment. I loved it.

            “Wah,” I gasped. “Is this real? Did you do it yourself?”

            He smiled and held my hand. “It’s real, and no, I don’t have the ability to do this without breaking a body part. The concept was all mine though.”

            “It’s beautiful.”

            “You’re beautiful.”

I looked at him, his hand covered his mouth and he stumbled, “Uh, I mean. . . That wasn’t supposed to come out just yet.”

           I bit my lip to hide a smile.

            “Ajusshi,” he called.

            A man on a gondola rowed toward us. Dongwoon stepped in first then helped me in. Ajusshi took us down the waterway and I saw a landing ahead that was decorated with lights as well.

            We stopped at marble stairs and got out. When the stairs ended, there was a marble floor that was surrounded by lit trees as well. Past that, there was a pavilion. On the marble floor, there was a small orchestra playing for us.

            Dongwoon bowed and extended his hand like Prince Charming. “Will you dance with me?” he said in English.

            “I’m not very good,” I replied in English.

            “Please? Dance to slow songs?”

            “Okay,” I agreed reluctantly. "But if you get hurt right now, don't blame me!"

            Dongwoon snapped his fingers – something incredibly suave to me – and a slow song began to play.

            He held me close and wouldn’t let go of me except to spin. I didn’t mind this, in fact I liked it. It felt good to be wanted.

           I liked how he treated me. And, I think I liked Dongwoon oppa.