Get Well Soon

Decisions

 

            They all sat down at the table and started to eat. I excused myself to go check on Junhyung.

            “Uhhhh,” he moaned. “Maeji? Is that you?”

            “Yeah, it’s me,” I replied and sat on his bed again.

            “I thought you left. I would’ve gotten sick again,” he said with a smile.

            I smiled because he smiled, and I felt nervously happy about it. I tucked my hair behind my ear.

            “Tell me about it.”

            “Huh?”

            “You put your hair behind your ear; you only do that when you’re nervous.”

            “Oh, good memory. . .”

            He took off the washcloth and sat up. “So, tell me what’s going on.”

            “Oh it’s just that I hope you get better soon. The B2UTYs must be worried and you’ll have to catch up on what you missed today and I still have to work on your designs.”

            “Don’t worry, I’ll get better and your deadline isn’t for a while so relax. Come here,” he said and gave me a hug. “Ah, I missed you. I wish I could have taken you with me. I hate seeing you sad, it doesn’t match you.”

            “Say what you said before,” I told myself. “Maybe he likes you too. . .”

            But I stayed silent. This was all I needed for now.

            Yet I was angry at this moment of ours. Our hug, the way I felt like time had stopped so I could have this. I knew it would only make me greedy. What would I do next? Kiss him, or confess to him? Either way, it would ruin our oppa-donsaeng relationship. You’re so blind, Yong Junhyung, can’t you realize that you give me bittersweet happiness? I wish I could let you go and move on. . .

            He let me go and laid back down.

            “Here,” I said and put more water on the washcloth. “I’ll bring you back some ramen and more fried rice.”

            I walked back into the kitchen. “He’s up now,” I said as I got out the frosting and a knife. I frosted the cake, and when it was done, it reminded me of one of those homemade cakes I helped Mom make when I was little. I smiled at the memory.

            “You can eat the cake now,” I told them as I got out two bowls for Junhyung oppa. Gikwang got down five plates and got a clean knife.

            “Thank you,” they all said as they showed Gikwang how big they wanted their slice to be.

            “You’re welcome.” I got Junhyung’s food and Dongwoon took them from me.

            “I’ll carry these for you,” he explained with a smile.

            “Oh, thanks.”

            We walked down the hall and he said, “The way you take care of hyung makes me wish I was sick.”

            I smiled and laughed a little. “Well if you’re ever sick, you have to promise to call me before the doctor, okay?”

            “Promise! I’d give you my pinky but it’s busy right now.”