Thank You

Decisions

 

Dongwoon’s POV

            I left her apartment quickly and went back to our dorm. The hyungs were already getting ready. Junhyung was supposed to bring Maeji back and we were going to try to cheer her up.

           See? Things like that. That’s how I knew I could never be her oppa, because I don’t do caring things like that.

            I guess you could say my relationship with Maeji had been a plan. When Junhyung got mad at us for being a couple in front of him, she had always looked guilty or ashamed. I wanted to make her like me as much as I liked her, and I think I succeeded, but that was already when I had made up my mind to make her and Junhyung a couple.

            I’m a good guy, right? Well, I like to think I am. I wanted to slowly back off of Maeji, and show Junhyung that he could have her. (I suppose I confused him with our last date, but she’s my girlfriend, and I wanted to have one last time thinking that she would be mine.) My phone was working perfectly last week, I just used it in secret. And I didn’t visit her lately because I knew it would bring them closer and I’m horrible at comforting people from age eight and up.

            I didn’t want anyone to know, and I nearly told Junhyung hyung what I was doing when he exploded on me last night.

            There was a knock on my door.

            “I’m almost ready hyung!” I said as I tried to tie the tie.

            The door opened and I looked up. “Oh, hi Maeji.”

            I smiled at her and she smiled back nervously and said, “Here, let me do it. I used to do it for my brother.” She sort of choked on the last word but tied it anyway.

            Little things like this, I liked them a lot.

            “Thanks,” I said and gave her a hug. Her arms didn’t really go around my body, but I didn’t care at this point. My plan was almost a success anyway. “It’s okay that you kissed Junhyung. . . I don’t hate you or anything like that so don’t worry about it, alright?” I guess I could’ve said that better but there’s not really an easy and smooth way to say something like that, right?

            She didn’t say anything so I switched topics. “You look beautiful.”

            She blushed.

            “Uh, come on. The hyungs are going to get impatient,” I said and we walked out of the room.

            All of us were wearing white, and when we see Chae, she’ll probably be in white too. Well maybe not, she’s a bit 4D like her boyfriend. But really, why do we have to wear all white? I felt like a tall marshmallow or something. But anything for Maeji, right?

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Junhyung’s POV

I asked Maeji to wait for me to get ready, so it was just the two of us in my car. She was quiet the whole way to the river. Yes, I was going to cheer her up by bringing her to the Han River when we were all dressed up like we were going to an award show. The others drove ahead of me and were going to meet Chae there to set up. In the mean time, I would try to prevent her from crying if I needed to.

            Tears don’t suit Cho Maeji.

            I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket which meant that they were done. Perfect timing.

 

Maeji’s POV

            “What’s something that you’ve always wanted to do?” Junhyung asked me when he leaned against the tree.

            I looked up from my homework. “I want to eat dinner by the Han River, and I want there to be those glow sticks everywhere.”

            “Why glow sticks?”

            “They’re pretty and colorful, and they’re better than normal lights.”

            There were white tables and chairs reflecting the light from the glow sticks scattered everywhere. The rest of Beast and Chae were already sitting and waiting for me.

            “Just that? Eating at the river with glow sticks?”

            “No. Music should be playing. It should be fast-paced so I wouldn’t get bored, but there the lyrics should be able to pull me in. Like that speed rapping you do, you know?”

            “Cho Maeji, you’re really strange, you know that?”

            “I know.”

            Outsider started playing and we sat down at our table. Waiters dressed in black came out and started setting down plates. I gave Junhyung a hug before we sat down.

            “Thank you, Junhyung oppa, thank you so much.”

 

Like it so far? :) I hope so because it's still not done :)

Thank you for subscribing & commenting! <3