CHAPTER 5

Get together plan

Maye P.O.V

'Wow did he just say I'm cute?? Maybe his not that bad after all.' I thought to myself while smiling at the ground on the way to school. As I reached the school gates I saw EunAe. She looked like she was waiting for someone. I tried to walk quickly pass her but was stopped by her. "We need to talk Maye." She said while pulling my arms walking to a shaded area by the tree. "Are you dating Tao?" She spoke not even hesitating to ask.

"N-no. It's not like that." I breathed in and opened my mouth again "I don't like him. I'm sorry if it made you misunderstand things. I really wanted to be your friend but nows it's-"

"Slow down" As she giggled at me. "I'm not mad or anything, it just sounds interesting. You seem like a cute couple."

"No, definitely not a couple." I said widening my eyes staring in hers then bit my lower lips. The bell rung for first class, "So you wanted to be friends? We'll be friends then. You can explain everything to me later" she said and I smiled. First class was science for me, I'm late as always. I sat at the seat where I sat yesterday, realizing JiHoon isn't here I pouted. Suddenly the door slammed open, JiHoon came late, the teacher didn't really care because he was easy going. He sat down next to me, as my eyes widen at him. "Hey" he smiled at me.

"Aren't you sitting with your friends?" I asked curiously.

"They're not really my friends, I only sat with them because they wanted me to." Most girls turned looking at us stunned. Whispers started around the class. "M-Maye...... about the photo... What's that all about?" He said as I was shocked that he knew about it too.

"It's not what it seem like. I'll tell you at break." As i hesitated to say. The silent filled the air around us. The next class I had was with EunAe. As the bell rung for break, "I'm going to the washroom first, I'll meet you at the cafet-..... the basketball court." As I ran off the opposite direction as her. I walked in the washroom to wash the dirt off my hands, a couple of girls came in and locked the door. They cornered me, "who do you think you are!!? First Tao next JiHoon? Are you a ?"

"What are you talking about!" I yelled back at them. One of the toilet doors slammed open. A girl with long Brown hair and pink tip dye came out smirking. "Get the out now!! In the count of 3" she yelled as I realized I've met her somewhere.

"who do you think you-" she got cut off. "3"

"2"

"1" they ran out the washroom. I look to her as she smiled at me. "Hey we meet again."

"You know me?" I thought for a while. A name came upon my head. "Your that girl yesterday, MinJee!" As i pointed my finger at her. She gave me a smile then walked off. 'Why is she helping me..?' I thought before running out as well. "Hey!" I yelled out running towards the basketball court. Seeing EunAe sitting on the bench and JiHoon bouncing the ball. They both turned and looked at me, EunAe ran up to me giving me a desperate look. "Maye!" JiHoon called out making EunAe confused. We all walk near the bench.

"So lets sit down and talk." They glanced at each other while I stare at them.

"Okay... EunAe this is JiHoon." I pointed at JiHoon "and this is EunAe." I pointed at EunAe. They didn't really care about each other, EunAe fussed me to tell her what it was all about. "Okays." I breathed in catching my breath. "About that photo and what happened at school a few days ago....... I didn't want that to happen. It's my parents's arrangement. My parents and his parents arranged this marriage for both of us. I don't like him at all! He---" I choked on my saliva. "Here drink water" JiHoon handed me his water bottle. I took a sip and continued. "He tells me all these lies just to get me to marry him. He's a jerk."

"What lies?" EunAe asked lifting a brow.

"He always tells me that I promised him that ill love him forever. Or like I wanted him because he can protect me. That just annoys me" I frowned. "Maybe it's not a lie." EunAe said eyeing me.

"I would remember if I did say it before. The point is I have no memories of him and I together before I came to Korea." I said angrily

"Okay okay. Well if that's the case why not accept him. His not that bad, and plus his an idol." EunAe said while patting me on the shoulder.

"I can't. I never can. You can't just force someone to love another." I sighed. "I'm not going to say anymore then this." I stood up and walked to the basketball court. "Hurry up JiHoon pass me the ball." I yelled out. As school ended, I walked out the gate seeing manager's van. "Manager oppa I feel like walking from now on. You don't have to come get me."

"Well if you don't want to then ill be going back to the company."

"Yeah. Bye oppa." As his van left me. I looked towards the ground kicking tiny stones and sighed at the same time. I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was JiHoon. I lift both my brows. He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me towards a store. "Why are we here?" I looked at him.

"I'll take you around places. You seem sad that's why." He said giving me a gentle smile. The store we went into was filled with cute toys, plush, accessories, clothes. My eyes widen at the sight of it, my lips curved into a smile. We looked around the stores playing with things. We also decided to buy some of it. As he dragged me around places, I realized my heart beat was beating faster then normal. My cheeks would heat up as red as a tomato. We then stopped at a park, hands in hands. I looked up seeing his happy face that made me happy as well. "I haven't been to happy for a long time." He let out.

"Me too." As I gave him a huge smile. After a while of chatting, "It's getting dark lets go home?" I asked while our hands are still locked together. 'What is this feeling inside me. It feels so different to the way I faced other boys.' I thought while walking. As we arrived at my place, I unlocked our hands and gave him a smile. I turned around to the door but he took me by the hand and twirled me around so i was facing him. He leaned in closer towards me as I felt his gentle lips on my forehead. My eyes widen with shock, he turned away and walked off.

A few days has past on, at school I didn't get the chance to meet with JiHoon. While at home the fights between Tao and me lessen and we began to talk more with each other.

Tao P.O.V

Today was Saturday, exo is having a day off. Me, Kris, Lay, Chen gege and Sehun decided to take Maye to the aquarium while the others go home to visit their parents. Luhan gege went with Xiumin gege to visit Xiumin gege's parents. All 5 of us woke up early to prepare and make it a suprise for Maye. We packed things we needed, I went into the room to wake Maye up. I nudged her a little, her eyes started to open, "wake up Maye." I whispered into her ears. "Why are you waking me up so early. Don't you have to go practice or something." She said annoyed. 

"Didn't you say you wanted to go around places while being in Korea?"

"Well it's not like I have anyone I'm going with. Now go away and let me sleep."

"Exo, including the managers, are having a day off. Hurry up and get ready. I'm taking you out." She turned my way looking at me weirdly.

She came out the bathroom wearing green skinny jeans, tucked in white t-shirt with a beige colour coat and hair braided into two exposing her neck. She ran towards me but past me to where lay gege was. I looked at both of them pouting because they looked like a couple. I suddenly felt an arm around my shoulders. Standing next to me was Kris gege, he patted my back knowing what I was thinking of. We all traveled by trains, not caring much about photos being taken by fans. While on the train I stood closest to Maye. It was the first time being face to face this close, the smile on my face didn't disappear until we left the train. We walked towards the aquarium and I peeked at Maye's face, she had a huge smile on her face. "Are we going to the aquarium??" Maye asked excitedly.

"Yep we are." Chen gave her an answer.

"This is my first time going to an aquarium!!" She squealed

"This isn't your first time." I said looking at her straight in the eye.

"Nope I'm sure it's my first time at an aquarium." She replied and walked off inside. As she looked at the different types of fishes with excitement, which it also confused me. I remember back then, she doesn't even care about the different types of fish and always said that 'Fishes are all the same. What's there to be excited about.' 

As we finished going around the whole aquarium seeing different types of fishes and sea animals. We walked outside towards a grassy area. We all sat as Sehun and I nagged for food. At the corner of my eyes I saw Maye laughing silently. Chen gege took out lunch boxes and give one to each of us. As we all started to eat, I turned my head over seeing Maye stuffing a large amount of food into which gave me grin. She looked at me and slowed down her chewing speed. She swallowed the food in and smiled at me. At that time I felt good but not the same as it used to be. I knew something was different but I couldn't tell what it was.

As we finished eating, the sky was getting dark. "Should we go somewhere before going home?" Sehun asked with aegyo.

"It's late we have to get home." Kris gege said emotionlessly. Sehun pouted then smiled evilly. "Hyung! Tao hyung!" He called me and whispered something into my ear. I smiled at his idea, He started to count from three. "3"

"2"

"1, Go" as me and Sehun started to do aegyo at Kris gege. "Buing buing." We did it at the same time causing laughter from everyone.

"Alright where do you want to go this late?" Kris gege said still laughing at the aegyo.

"Let's go eat dessert!" Sehun replied in a flash.

"Ice - cream!!" Maye shouted out.

"Isn't it too cold to eat ice-cream?" Chen gege said rubbing his hands on his arms, faking his shivers.

"Oppa you don't have to eat." Maye said in a sad tone while her bottom lip went out as she in her top. Then pushed her brows together.

"After eating Ice-cream we are definitely going home. Okay." Kris gege said sighing while smiling.

"Yay!" Me, Maye and Sehun shouted out in unison. As we went into the store, we ran in different directions finding our favorite ice-creams. We all lined up to pay, As we walked out eating chills went down our spine. It has gotten colder then before. I looked at Maye shivering while having a bite at her ice-cream cone. I took off the black scarf I was wearing and wrapped it around her neck. "Thanks." She said looking towards the ground. "Mind if I have a bite?" I asked smiling at her. She moved it near my face as I took a bite at it. "Yah! We are still here!" Chen gege shouted out, we both looked away from each other, walking to the train station. Lay gege ran up to me, "Your relationship is getting better here." He gave me a smile and walked away from me.

Soon Maye caught up by my side, "Thanks, today I had heaps of fun." She smiled and continued walking by my side. 'This just isn't the same' I kept thinking until we arrived home. I went straight to my room and searched the table, looking for a number. I found the number and dialed it.

"Hello." A voice said.

"Hello Mrs Li this is Huang ZiTao, sorry for calling so late."

"No don't worry about it. Is there something wrong?" She asked

"Nothing is wrong, I guess." I stopped to think how I should say this. "Somehow Maye seems to not remember me and it also feels different when she smiles. She doesn't seem like she's showing a real smile...."

"I'm sorry for not telling you this earlier...." I heard her breathe in "She was in an accident before. The accident did a really bad damage to her head. It happened a few days after you left to china, it just happened. She also has been through a lot of pain at school because of bullying."

"......." I didn't say anything, my mouth opened in shock, my eyes wider filled with tears. I could feel the pain she went through in my chest as it tightens.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guise. I know it may be confusing but I'm trying my best making it not so confusing. Usually I think people have like an editor to help them but I don't really have anyone. I'm like doing the editing by myself :3. Next chapter is a flashback of what happened.... And PEOPLE'S DID YOU SEE GROWL THE DAM TEASER! I DYING HERE!