Chapter 9

A Twisted Fairytale

The trail of lies and deception did not end yet...

Wednesday~

"Oppa..." Hwamin wailed as Baro walked past with Jinyoung and Gongchan.

"Yes?" He asked gently.

"Haneul... she slapped me again..." she showed him the handmark that she had actually inflicted upon herself.

Jinyoung was furious. "Where is she?"

Hwamin turned around and pointed at Haneul over at the lockers.

Jinyoung went over to the innocent Haneul and gave her a tight slap on her cheek.

Haneul looked up at him with confusion and shock written in her eyes. The entire student body gasped. 

"That's for Hwamin." He said coldly.

"Let me guess, i slapped her again?" She replied softly, tears forming up in her eyes.

"Why are you asking me?! You're the one who did it!" He shouted.

Haneul refused to let her tears out. She didn't want to let everyone see she was crying. "But I didn't do anything..." she muttered, afraid that her tears would start spilling out if she shouted out loud.

"When are you going to stop bullying her?!" Jinyoung raised his hand to hit her again.

At this moment, Baro stepped forward and grabbed hold of Jinyoung's arm. "Hyung, stop it. You're causing a scene." He said and looked Jinyoung in the eyes.

"Hyung, stop being so blind!" Gongchan screamed angrily.

"You're the one being blind!" Jinyoung retorted.

"I won't allow you to keep accusing her." Gongchan grabbed Haneul's hand and led her through the crowd.

Jinyoung was flabber-gasted. The maknae had never shouted at him that angrily before.

Baro looked at Jinyoung and gave him a disapproving look.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Sorry for dragging you out like that." Gongchan apologised. Haneul and Gongchan were seated on a bench in the school garden.

"It's okay. I was dying to get out of there anyway. Thank you." Haneul gave him a weak smile and wiped away her tears.

"Welcome. I just can't believe Jinyoung hyung would actually hit you." He sighed.

"It's okay, i'm used to it. I just didn't expect that to come from him. I"ve never spoken to him before." She murmured.

He nodded. "I apologise on his behalf." He stood up and did a 90 degree bow. "I'm sorry."

Haneul's eyes widened. " What are you doing?" She stood up hastily. "It's not your fault." She sat down and pulled him along with her.

"But-" Gongchan argued.

"I'm not used to people bowing to me." She smiled sheepishly. "Please stop blaming youself."

He sighed again. "Jinyoung hyung likes Hwamin. He thinks she's the most innocent person on earth." He scoffed.

"What about you? What do you think?" She asked softly.

"I think Hwamin is the fakest person on earth. She doesn't know the true meaning on innocence. But i have to hand it to her, her acting skills are really good. She can cry whenever she wants to." He replied.

"Why are you so sure that she's not innocent?" Haneul blinked.

"Because i know you're innocent. You helped me once, remember?" Gongchan smiled.

Seeing her clueless face, he laughed and started to explain it to her. "I sort of tripped over some bullies' feet and they almost beat me up. But then you stepped in and helped me face the bullies. You even got hit because of me." He gave her a guilty expression.

Haneul started giggling. "Just because of that? It wasn't even anything big."

Gongchan nodded. "You're the only person who helped me without even knowing who i am."

"There are lots of people like that. Maybe you just haven't found them yet." She argued.

He shook his head. "Nope. I'm noona's biggest supporter." He said cutely.

Haneul laughed and ruffled his hair. "It's good to know i have supporters." She smiled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So i've got a total of 9 subscribers now. ^^ I was really overjoyed. Much thanks to all my lovely subscribers who have kept me going.

Since i'm in a good mood today, would you nice people like another chapter tonight? Keke. Please tell me in the comments section below~

:D