Chapter 28

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Twenty   Eight

Baro sulked by himself as Haneul ignored him.

"Sorry." He wrote on a paper and passed it to her but Sooyoung saw this and snatched the paper away. She shook her head and tore the paper into pieces.

"Yah." Haneul hissed at Sooyoung.

"He shouted at you." Sooyoung replied.

"I get shouted at thousand of times." Haneul sighed.

"He's your boyfriend." Sooyoung looked at her.

Haneul bit her lip. "Even so-"

"So what? Let him learn a lesson!" Sooyoung snapped.

"Sooyoung ah..." Haneul pleaded.

"Shhh! Unless you want to get scolded by the teacher." Sooyoung scolded.

Haneul pouted and lay her head on the table.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Haneul ah!" Baro called out, trying to catch up with Haneul along the corridors after class. 

Sooyoung put her arm around Haneul protectively. "What? Trying to scold her again?" 

"I just want to talk to her." Baro said remorsefully.

"No way." Sooyoung scoffed and pulled Haneul away. 

"Yah..." Haneul tugged on Sooyoung's sleeve. 

"Just a day, endure it a little longer. Then he'll learn how to cherish you." Sooyoung whispered. 

"But-" Haneul was about to argue. 

"Trust me." Sooyoung said softly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 Baro sighed and put his head on the table. He had been following Haneul around the entire day, hoping for an opportunity to apologise, but Sooyoung didn't even give him a chance to.

Jinyoung slung his arm over Baro's shoulder. "Had a tiff with Haneul?" 

Baro nodded and pouted. 

"Relax. Everything will be fine by tomorrow. Sooyoung's just overprotective. She doesn't want Haneul to get hurt." He comforted Baro. 

"But noona was angry too..." Gongchan added, referring to Haneul. Jinyoung winced at the word 'noona'. He had heard from their argument that Gongchan liked Haneul. Now he only had a 1/3 chance to be with her. And chances were slim, seeing how close Baro and Haneul were.

Jinyoung nodded. "How long has it been since we three had a good talk together?" He changed the topic. "It must be ages." 

"Ne. Especially since Baro hyung started to date noona." Gongchan nodded. "I miss those times." He muttered. 

"Me too." Jinyoung sighed. "How did we allow a mere girl to interfere with our friendship?" 

Baro nodded. "I feel so guilty now." 

"It's not your fault." Jinyoung said. *Because if you weren't dating Haneul, i would be. And things would be the same, though i probably wouldn't have shouted at her.* He said spitefully.

Gongchan let out a long sigh. 

"Are you okay?" Baro patted Gongchan's back. 

"Ne. I think i'll go first." Gongchan smiled and walked away, leaving the two of them in an awkward silence. 

"Sorry, i should have taken better care of Haneul." Baro apologised. 

"You should be glad i'm not holding any grudges." Jinyoung sighed. 

"Thanks." Baro smiled a little.

"Relax. I'm not going to murder you or anything. Just make it up to her." Jinyoung stood up and left.

"Of course." Baro nodded solemnly. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul walked home silently. She was mentally blaming Sooyoung for the state she and Baro were in. Given her personality, she would have forgiven him even if he murdered someone. But Sooyoung was strict, and refused to let him anywhere near her to apologise. A cheerful voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Noona!" Gongchan ran up to Haneul, smiling brightly. 

Haneul smiled. "Gongchan ah, what's the matter?" 

"I bought you chocolate!" He smiled happily. 

"Chocolate?" Her eyes widened. 

Gongchan nodded excitedly and handed her a bar of Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme chocolate bar. 

"Uwah!" Haneul took the bar of chocolate and smiled, showing her eye smile. "Thanks." 

"Welcome, i was thinking that chocolate would cheer you up." Gongchan smiled happily. 

Haneul nodded. "It did. Thanks." She gave him a hug, thankful that she had such a nice friend.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Who are you looking for?" Eomma asked, staring at the stranger standing outside the door.

"I'm looking for Haneul." He bowed politely. 

Eomma smiled. "Sure, come in. Her room's the last on to your left." 

He nodded and entered the house. 

Hwamin stepped out of the kitchen, her eyes widened in surpise upon seeing Baro.

"Oppa! Are you looking for me?" She smiled sweetly. 

"No. I'm looking for Haneul." He replied coldly before walking up the stairs. 

Hwamin's smile turned into a frown. "Why does he want to see her anyway." She muttered to herself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Hello again. I decided to give an update because it's a holiday today~ Teachers' Day to be exact. Yesterday was the celebration. It's kinda confusing lol. 

Anyway, i'm in a good mood because i'll be changing my phone next week! On the 13th of September to be exact. YAYY. Hehe. 

Oh oh, and thanks. I've got 22 subscribers for this story now! Thanks everyone. *Bows 90 degrees* 

Going out for lunch soon. I'll see you guys tomorrow maybe? If i have the time. ^-^

 

 

layout credit