Chapter 27

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Twenty   Seven

Hwamin slammed the door and dumped her bag on the sofa before switching on the television. 

"Where were you?" Eomma questioned her, walking out the kitchen while drying her hands on a tiny towel. 

"Out with my friends." Hwamin replied casually. 

"I said to be back by five. What's the time now?" Eomma asked.

"Nine." Hwamin rolled her eyes. 

Eomma frowned. "Don't give me that attitude!" 

"What attitude?" Hwamin sighed.

"That attitude!" Eomma chucked the tiny towel into her pocket and grabbed the cane. 

"What are you going to do? Cane me?!" Hwamin shouted.

Anger boiled inside eomma and she smacked Hwamin hard on her left thigh. 

The door creaked open and Haneul saw what was happening. "Eomma!" She gasped and ran in front of Hwamin. "Why are you hitting her?" 

"Why are you defending her?!" Eomma screamed. 

"Yah, stop pretending to be the angel!" Hwamin hollered and tried to push Haneul away but she was much stronger than Hwamin and stood firm. Despite how much she disliked Hwamin for making her life so miserable, she couldn't allow her to get hurt. 

"Eomma! Stop it, please!" Haneul pleaded. 

"She's 4 hours late!" Eomma waved the cane in mid-air. 

"There was once when she came home at 1am. You didn't do anything to her then." Haneul reasoned.

"She's getting from bad to worse!" Eomma shot a sharp dagger at Hwamin.

"Eomma!" Haneul pleaded. 

"Go away before i hit you as well!"  Eomma threatened but Haneul just refused to budge.

Eomma smacked Haneul on the thigh. "Go away! Stop shielding that brat!" 

"Eomma!" Haneul gasped. 

Eomma hit Haneul again countless times until threw the cane onto floor in frustration. "I'm not going to care anymore!" She screamed and marched off. 

Hwamin pushed Haneul away rudely. "Stop defending me! I hate you!" She screamed and ran to her room. 

Haneul was exasperated. "What did i do?" 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"You got hit again?" Baro studied the red marks on Haneul's legs. 

"ert. Why are you staring at my legs?" Haneul avoided the topic. 

"I'm being a careful boyfriend. And you still haven't answered my question." He crossed his arms.

"I... i was shielding Hwamin." She whispered. 

"You shielded her?! Have you forgotten how she made the entire school hate you?!" He frowned.

"Stop exaggerating." She sighed. "That's why i changed the topic." 

"I'm not exaggerating! Even Jinyoung hyung was blinded by her!" He argued.

"That doesn't mean anything." She muttered. 

"It's means everything!" He retorted.

"Stop being like this." She frowned slightly.

"Being like what?!" Baro shouted. 

Gongchan ran up to the both of them. "Hyung! Noona!" He smiled. 

Haneul smiled back. 

"Hyung, why are you scolding noona?" Gongchan asked innocently. 

"She shielded Miyoung and got hit herself!" Baro turned away from Haneul. 

"Noona, are you okay?" Gongchan asked gently. 

"I'm used to it." She smiled and patted him on the shoulder. 

Gongchan nudged Baro. 

"What? I just don't want her to get injured because of someone who isn't worth it!" Baro became angry. 

"It's not like becoming angry will solve the problem." Gongchan scolded his hyung. 

Sooyoung ran up to Haneul and hurriedly pulled her away. "Stay away from him and ignore him. That'll teach him a lesson." 

"But-" Haneul complained. 

"Don't be so kind to him." Sooyoun pulled her further away from Baro. 

Gongchan frowned upon seeing that and turned to Baro. "You'd better apologise to her." He pointed to Haneul walking away. 

"She's the one in the wrong." Baro argued. 

"She's just too kind. It's not her fault." Gongchan said crossly. 

"She could have ignored the sight of her mother hitting Hwamin." Baro muttered angrily.

"How? They're right in front of her!" Gongchan scolded. 

"Stop defending her." Baro glared at him.

"Why can't i?" Gongchan replied curtly.

"What. Do you like her?!" Baro shouted. 

"Ne! Do you have a problem with that?!" Gongchan replied.

"Of course, she's my girlfriend!" Baro frowned.

"And that's how you treat your girlfriend?" Gongchan crossed his arms across his chest.

Baro thought for awhile before looking back at Gongchan. "Mind your own business." He said before walking away. 

Jinyoung watched from afar. "How can he treat her like this?" He frowned.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Hey~ It's nice to see you people again. 

Anyway, my updates will be less frequent than before. The one-week holidays are next week, but i need to revise for my upcoming tests. I just got back my Chemistry class test yesterday and sadly, i failed the paper by 1 mark. :"( 

So i wanna work harder to make sure i ace my end-of-year examinations so it can pull my overall marks up! I'll still update, but i can't give a fixed date. Sorry! Be sure to anticipate the huge i have planned! It's sort of cliche though heheh. XP

Oh yeah, and it's Teachers' Day today in Singapore. HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY~ I went back to my primary school and met my primary 5 teacher. He's 178 cm tall, just like Jinyoung and Baro. I think Sandeul admitted on Weekly Idol that he's actually 175 cm tall. But hey, i don't mind! I'm only 158.8 cm tall anyway heheh.

Have a happy weekend~

 

 

layout credit