Chapter 30

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty

"Eomma! I need more pocket money!" Hwamin shouted. 

"What?! I give your eonnie much less than you and she doesn't ask for more!" Eomma shouted back. 

Hwamin's face became dark. "I work harder than her." She muttered angrily.

"Is that so?" Eomma scoffed.

"I work harder than anyone else to get what i want!" Hwamin snapped. 

"And do you? Do you get what you want?" Eomma replied.

"Why should i tell you?" Hwamin rolled her eyes.

"Don't give me that attitude! Where is your respect?!" Eomma frowned.

"I don't have any." Hwamin replied rudely.

"Is that how i raised you?! To be an ill-mannered, selfish brat?!" Eomma lost her patience.

"Don't call me that!" Hwamin glared at eomma.

"Why not?! It's the truth!" Eomma scolded.

Hwamin's eyes flashed a sort of madness. "Yah, do you think i would want more pocket money if i already have enough?! I'm asking for more because i need it!" 

"For what?!" Eomma argued.

"Everything! You have no idea how much i sacrificed for what i want!" Hwamin shouted.

"You keep harping on what you want. What exactly is it?!" Eomma was exasperated.

"Cha Baro! He's the one i want! But little miss perfect - Im Haneul just had to snatch him away from me!" Hwamin screamed.

"It's fate! You meeting him was just a chance created by mankind!" Eomma tried to change her thinking.

"Stop trying to manipulate me! Stop talking like that! I'm still going to get him back!" Hwamin said with much determination. 

"He was never yours. And i doubt you can get him." Eomma mocked.

"You watch and see! I'm going to get him right now!" Hwamin smirked and ran out of the house. 

Eomma sighed. "What exactly is she up to now?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hwamin made her way to the school's library block. She took in deep breaths before taking out her mobile to call Haneul. 

Haneul picked up after several rings. "What is it Hwamin?"

"Eonnie..." Hwamin cried over the phone. 

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Haneul asked gently. 

"Eonnie...I-I don't want to live anymore. Life is meaningless... Can i just die now?" Hwamin said, trying to make her voice as wobbly as possible.

"Hold on. Where are you?" Haneul asked anxiously.

"At the rooftop of the library block." Hwamin whispered.

"Hwamin ah, don't do anything silly. I'm coming over now." Haneul hung up.

Hwamin let out a deep breath. "It's almost done." She smirked and put her hand into her pocket, making contact with a cold sharp object.

Meanwhile~~~

Haneul put her phone in her pocket and stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Baro asked frantically. 

"I need to find Hwamin." She said. 

"Don't bother about her." He took her hand into his. 

"It's an emergency. Hwamin's thinking of suicidal thoughts. If i don't go to stop her... Who knows what might happen." She looked into his eyes pleadingly.

Baro sighed. "Okay. But i'm going with you." He stood up too.

Haneul nodded and started walking toward the school's library block. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul gingerly pushed open the door to the rooftop and saw Hwamin standing at the edge of the building. She slowly approached Hwamin, then stopped when there was a short distance between them. She didn't want to get too close, lest Hwamin did something horrible. 

Baro was right behind her, prepared to lounge himself at Hwamin if she did anything to his beloved Haneul. 

"Hwamin ah, come here. Don't do anything stupid." Haneul called out. 

Hwamin turned around slowly and looked into Haneul's eyes. "Eonnie..." she cried, tears streaming down her face.

"Come here. If not, then just step down from the curb." Haneul pleaded. She didn't want anything bad to happen to Hwamin. 

"Eonnie... what's the meaning of life?" Hwamin asked.

"Everything. Don't move back. Eomma and appa will be devastated." Haneul persuaded. 

"Eonnie, come here. I want to talk to you." Hwamin said.

Haneul stepped forward but Baro had caught her arm and held her back. "Don't go. She has a knife." He said worriedly. He had noticed the knife that glittered in the sunlight in Hwamin's hands. 

"I have to. What if she does something stupid? They'll kill me." She gently pushed Baro's hand away and walked towards Hwamin. "Come down." Haneul coaxed. 

Hwamin seemed convinced for a moment. 

All of a sudden, she went in front of Haneul and pointed a knife in her direction. 

"What are you doing?" Haneul whispered, filled with fear. She walked backwards until she was at the edge of the building. 

Baro took a step forward but Hwamin glared at him and threatened to stab Haneul. "I'm sick and tired of being your underdog." Hwamin's voice trembled as she wiped her tears. 

"Since were you my underdog?" Haneul asked, quivering. 

"Ever since i was born! You're so perfect in everything. I was being left out!" Hwamin shouted. 

"Eomma and appa favour you more than me." Haneul replied, trying not to show her fear. 

"What difference does it make?!" Hwamin screamed. 

"Everything. I've never felt their love. I've been abused since i was 5. You've never even been asked to clean the dishes." Haneul reasoned.

"So what? Everything's going wrong these few days. Everyone in the school hates me, eomma has been hitting me, appa hasn't been talking to me... In fact, he's never talking to me. He's always too caught up in his work to bother about me." Hwamin started to cry again. This time, the tears were real. 

"You caused it yourself, with all those lies." Haneul said. 

"It was all because of you! The plan backfired because of you! If you hadn't gotten closer to Baro oppa, i would be the one dating him now! I was supposed to be with him, but you just had to go and ruin my plans!" Hwamin screamed in frustration. 

"You're wrong." Baro spoke up. "I never liked you. But i admit, i did fall for you at first." 

Hwamin's face softened. 

"But Haneul is different. She has that one special attribute that you don't." Baro continued. 

"And what's that?" Hwamin's voice softened. 

"A kind heart. Yours has been poisoned by hatred and jealousy." Baro replied. 

"No matter what, i'm still inferior to her?!" Hwamin lost it. She turned back to Haneul. "I hate you, I HATE YOU!" She tried to stab Haneul but Baro ran in front of her and got stabbed in his arm instead. 

Hwamin immediately pulled back, shocked. "I... i didn't mean for that to happen!" She turned to face Haneul,"It's all your fault!" She gave Haneul a shove before running away. 

Haneul lost her balance and tripped over the curb, falling down the building. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

A cliff-hanger again. I feel so evil heh. Anyway, i just wanted to update another chapter before i start studying. I still haven't finished my 3 pieces of homework. I feel so terrible. I didn't know how to do them though, so i'm trying not to blame myself. 

Look forward to the next chapter. You'll find out what happens to Haneul. 

:)

Enjoy your Sunday~ Here's Jinyoung to cheer you up if you got a shock reading this chapter. ^-^

 

 

layout credit