Chapter 20 part 2

A Twisted Fairytale

 

"Which ride do you want to go on?" Baro asked once they had entered Lotte World.

(This is the indoor one.)

 

"I want to go on the French Revolution!" Haneul smiled and pointed to the roller coaster.

 

 

 

"Usually girls are afraid of going on the roller coaster." Baro frowned slightly.

"But it's fun." She grinned.

"Okay then..." He smiled, secretly feeling nervous.

He gripped her hand tightly as they sat down in the cart. 

"Are you scared?" She teased.

"No." He replied, though his heart was racing.

She laughed and squeezed his hand. "It'll be fun." She reassured him.

He just nodded and shut his eyes tight as the ride started. 

It did a series of loops and drops, making everyone scream loudly, especially Baro.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

They stepped out of the ride soon, with Baro's legs shaking like mad.

"Are you okay?" Haneul asked with concern.

"Yeah... i guess..." He mumbled.

"Do you want to ride The Conquistador?" She asked.

 

 

He looked up at the massive thing and gulped. "Let's sit in the middle." He muttered.

Haneul nodded excitedly and pulled him along to the waiting line.

It took some time before they got on it and Baro had already started shaking.

"Are you sure you're fine with this? We can always sit on some other ride..." Haneul said with concern.

Baro shook his head. "It's fine." 

As the ride started, Baro gipped Haneul's hand tightly, causing her to laugh softly. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Haneul asked worriedly.

Baro nodded and started laughing. "I'm glad i experienced it once in my life." He smiled as they went to the outdoor Lotte World.

"Let's go to Jungle Adventure, you look really pale." She poked his cheek.

 

Baro agreed. "Anything's better than a roller coaster." 

Haneul laughed and tugged him along with her. They entered the cave and were soon seated.

"I'm actually scared of the dark." She whispered, slipping her hand into hers. 

"Then why did you suggest it?" He asked as the ride started.

"Because you were so freaked out by the first two rides i thought this might be better." She smiled.

"It should be fine, i mean, it's just animals." He squeezed her hand.

They passed by numerous animals and sets.

"Oh look, it's you!" Haneul laughed, pointing at a squirrel hidden among the trees.

Baro smiled. "Do i look like one?"

She nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ah, i've been on the Flume Ride before." Baro grinned and pointed to one right in front of them.

Haneul smiled. "Then let's go on that one!" She said excitedly and ran towards it.

 

The queue was terribly longs and they had to wait quite a while before they entered the boat house.

 

 

There were many scribblings on the walls, such as couple names, cute pictures and signatures.

"Let's put our name here too." Baro smiled and took a marker pen out of his back pocket.

"Do you carry marker pens everywhere with you?" She teased.

"You never know when they might come in handy." He winked and wrote their names onto the wall, circling the names with a giant heart. 

Haneul laughed. "Now everyone will know us."

Baro shrugged. "It isn't a bad thing." He gave her a peck on her cheek.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Screams were heard as the boat plummeted down the water slide. Water splashed all over the people in the ride, and Haneul was absolutely drenched.

Laughing as they stepped out of the ride, Haneul wrung water from her hair. "What should we do next?" She asked, a giant smile platered on her face.

"Let's go dry off. I saw the Drunken Basket just now." He said, leading her towards the ride.

The queue was short and they managed to get in quickly. 

The 'baskets' spun faster and faster, going round and round.

Before long, the ride stopped and Baro held out his hand for a dizzy Haneul.

"Thanks." She mumbled. True enough, her hair had dried due to the wind.

"Ooh, look, Desperados!" She squealed and pointed at a shooting game before them..

"You want to play that?" He smiled, ruffling her hair.

Haneul nodded. 

"Okay." Baro agreed as they entered.

(it's like sitting on a horse, so the seats will be moving continuously. The front carts are for families or couples and won't move at all. There are guns by the side of the carts/horses and after the introduction on the screen, you have to pick up the guns and start shooting the targets on the screen. They will actually record your score and if you're one of the high scorers, your face will appear on the screen after the game has ended.)

"Let's see who gets a higher score." Haneul challenged.

"It's on." Baro smirked and chose the horse beside Haneul's.

The game started and the both of them kept shooting while holding on to their 'galloping horses'.

The game soon ended and Haneul's got 2nd place with Baro right behind her as 3rd place.

Haneul smiled smugly and stuck out her tongue. "I won!"

Baro pouted but quickly recovered. "Winner has to give the loser a kiss."

Haneul raised an eyebrow, but quickly pecked his cheek. "Done." She smiled.

Baro smiled. "Are you hungry?" 

She nodded.

"Let's go eat at Crystal Palace." He pointed at a fancy eating arena just up ahead.

"Okay!" She smiled.

They entered and sat down, Haneul choosing a green seat because it was her favourite colour.

They went to the counter and promptly ordered their meals.

They had both gotten Shrimp Rose Pasta.

Baro chuckled and gently helped Haneul wipe some sauce from her lips. "You can be such a kid sometimes."

Haneul shrugged. "You too." She smiled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch, they spent some time looking around the shopping booths.

They went to Don Quixote's Cart first.

Haneul laughed as she picked up a bunny headband and placed it on Baro's head. 

Baro laughed along with her, placing a red ribbon headband on her head.

In the end, Haneul got a white ribbon headband and wore it with her the entire day.

Next they went to the Moroccan Cart.

 

Baro immediately spotted Lotte World's mascots, Lotty and Lorry. He bought the two stuffed raccoons and handed them to Haneul.

 

 

"One for you, one for me." Haneul gave the female one to Baro and kept the male one for herself.

"Look at that!" She tugged on his arm and pointed at the World Of Caricature booth.

"Let's go get ours done." Baro dragged her towards the booth and they waited patiently as the artist drew cartoon versions of them.

"It's so cute." He smiled and was about to hand the drawing to Haneul.

"You should keep it. I think Hwamin would freak out if she saw it somewhere." Haneul said.

Baro nodded and kept it properly, of course he didn't want Hwamin to take it out on Haneul.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It soon turned dark and the lights in Lotte World were switched on one by one.

"Let's go ride the Aeronauts Balloon ride." Haneul suggested.

"I thought you were afraid of heights?" Baro asked.

Haneul nodded. "I do, but it'll be fun." She smiled.

They got into one of the balloons and the ride started.

Haneul looked down and marvelled at the sight before her.

Baro hugged Haneul close to him, savouring the precious moment that they were sharing. 

The last and final ride they went on was the Camelot Carousel.

They spent the entire ride smiling and laughing together, enjoying the cool breeze as the carousel went round and round.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Let's go home. I'm tired." Haneul yawned, hugging the stuffed raccoon to herself. She had been so full of energy for the entire day, it was no wonder she was so tired now.

Baro nodded. "I'm tired too."

So they took a bus back home.

In the bus, Haneul fell asleep on Baro's shoulder as they were still holding hands.

Baro smiled and Haneul's soft hair. "Jalja."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I didn't really check for any mistakes, so sorry if there are a lot of mistakes like spelling, grammar etc. I spent too much time finding pictures off the internet ^_^

I went to Lotte World once when i was 11, so i can remember quite a lot. It's an amazing place, trust me. I LOVE IT. But i love pretty much everything that's Korean so you can't really trust me LOL.

Anyway, i hope the pictures helped you to picture Lotte World better. You can search for the map online if you're interested. There's an outdoor Lotte World too, but i wasn't able to go there the other time because it was raining. It's a pity, so i still enjoyed myself A LOT.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter because i certainly enjoyed searching for pictures XP It might be a little boring though -_-

I guess it depends on how you view it. Thanks for reading! :D