Chapter 41

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Forty  -  One

Haneul tossed and turned. She suddenly felt very cold. She was already under a thick quilt, but she was still freezing. Slipping out of bed, she winced as a wave of cold air hit her. She put her slippers on and shuffled out of the room. She gasped as she saw Baro drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. 

He spun around once her heard her footsteps and put his glass down. "What are you doing out here?" He asked. 

"I couldn't sleep. It was too cold to sleep." She shivered. 

"You look really pale." he went up to her and placed the back of his hand on her forehead. "You're burning up!" A look of worry flashed across his face. 

"Why are you here?" Haneul croaked. 

Baro sighed. "Your dad needs to work overtime tonight and asked to take care of you since i leave right opposite you." He said, grabbing some pills, a glass of water, a clean towel and a pair of water. "Go back to your bed, i'll be there in a minute." Baro instructed and Haneul quietly did as she was told. 

She snuggled under her quilt as Baro entered the room. He set the items beside her bed. "Take two green tablets. I'll go get a jacket for you." He got a jacket from Haneul's father's study. *It's mine...* Baro noticed the faded tag with his name on it and hesitated for a moment. "Aish, Haneul's health is more important." He muttered and returned to Haneul's room. "Wear this on." He handed the jacket to Haneul. 

"Thanks." She muttered. 

"Now go to sleep. I'll take care of you." He gave her a small smile. 

Haneul nodded. *Why is Baro suddenly taking care of me? Was Gongchan really telling the truth?* She thought to herself at Baro placed a damp towel onto her forehead. Too tired to think, she fell into a deep sleep. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul woke up drenched in sweat. She went to the kitchen and saw Baro cooking breakfast for you.

"Oh, you're awake?" He gave her a small nod. Haneul nodded.

"Here's your breakfast." He placed a bowl of porridge in front of her. "Don't eat something too heavy." He touched her forehead. "Your fever seems to be gone. That's good."

"Can i go to school then?" She asked, blowing on her porridge to cool it down.

Baro shook his head. "Stay at home for another day. You can go to school the next day."

"But i'm fine." She argued, pouting slightly.

"Just stay at home. I need to go to school now." He put the pans into the sink and ran out.

Haneul pouted. "I'm perfectly fine now." She sighed and started to eat her breakfast.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Did she remember anything else?" Baro asked Sooyoung worriedly.

Sooyoung shook her head. "I don't think so." She paused. "Why don't you want her to remember anyway? Don't you want your relationship back?"

"I'm worried Hwamin might do something to Haneul if she remembers." Baro sighed.

"I won't." Hwamin called out.

"What are you doing here?" Jinyoung hissed, clearly displeased with her appearance.

"I want to help Haneul. I've been so horrible to her and i want to make it up to her." Hwamin said softly.

"And how do we know you won't harm her?" Gongchan frowned.

"I have nothing to gain from this." Hwamin pointed out frankly.

"That's true." Sooyoung nodded. "I'll give you one chance. Don't blow it." She said before walking away.

"Just because Sooyoung trusts you, that doesn't mean i do." Gongchan frowned and stormed away.

"Oppa?" Hwamin looked at Jinyoung desperately.

"Sorry." Jinyoung shrugged and walked away too.

Hwamin sighed. "Well, at least Sooyoung trusts me..." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Yo! It's nice to be able to have so much free time again. ^^

I've been helping my mum with the VCR the entire afternoon after being reprimanded because i didn't really do what she did me to. -_- 

Anyway, i suppose this fanfic will be ending soon. :( Just several more chapters to go. Would you like me to write another one? :p

 

 

layout credit