Chapter 39

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   Nine

"Haneul!" Jinyoung smiled as he caught up with Haneul.

"Ne?" She smiled.

"Where are you heading to?" He asked, walking alongside her.

"To the library. I want to get a reference book. I can't seem to catch up on my studies after that my memory loss." She sighed.

"Ah... i'll accompany you there! Is that okay?" He asked, worried she might decline.

"Of course it is." She smiled brightly.

Jinyoung returned the smile and they walked together to the library block.

Upon nearing the library block, Haneul started to feel uneasy. *It's probably nothing.* she convinced herself, pushing out all the nasty thoughts.

"Are you okay? You seem a little pale..." Jinyoung asked worriedly.

Haneul nodded. "It's just a little headache, that's all."

"Perhaps we should go to the library another time." Jinyoung bit his lip.

"It's fine. I really need that reference book." She insisted. *It's just a few more steps, Im Haneul. What's wrong with you?* She scolded herself mentally.

All of a sudden, she felt an immense throbbing in her head. She tried to ignore it, but the pain got worse. She legs started wobbling for no apparent reason too.

"Haneul, are you sure you're okay?" Jinyoung asked gently.

"I...i don't know. My head hurts. It really hurts..." she mumbled, clutching at her head. Her legs finally gave way, and she fell onto the pavement, still clutching at her head.

"Yah, Im Haneul, don't scare me. What's wrong with you?" Jinyoung immediately squatted down in front of Haneul. Haneul started hyperventilating as her nightmare flashed through her head again. It seemed more real this time. *It's the same building...* she realised before blacking out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"What happened to her?" Baro asked anxiously. They were in the living room at Haneul's apartment. Jinyoung had gone into a panic and called Baro who immediately led the way to Haneul's apartment without asking questions, knowing how worried Jinyoung was.

"She out near the library block. It was so frightening." Jinyoung paused. "Which reminds me, you never did explain what happened to her."

Baro gulped. For a month, he had avoided the issue. Nightmares had been haunting him, and he blamed himself for allowing her to even go near Hwamin.

"Jinyoung hyung's right. When are you going to tell us? We're her friends too!" Gongchan pointed out.

Sooyoung stood there silently. Haneul's dad had told her everything, seeing how she was Haneul's best friend. She wasn't one to spill the beans easily though.

Baro let out a long sigh. "Hwamin pushed Haneul down. Hwamin wanted to stab her, but i got in the way, so she pushed Haneul in a fit. Haneul couldn't keep her balance and fell. I tried to pull her up but i was injured. It all happened at the library block, which might be the reason she out." He explained, burying his face into his hands.

"Where's her dad anyway?" Jinyoung decided to change the subject, seeing how depressed Baro was.

"He's at work. I told him Baro was here and he seemed greatly relieved. He told me to tell Baro to take good care of her." Sooyoung said. "I'm going in to see if she's awake."

The guys nodded and Sooyoung made her way to Haneul's room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Haneul?" Sooyoung knocked and entered.

Haneul was sitting up in bed, staring into space.

"Are you okay?" Sooyoung asked and sat on her bed.

Haneul nodded. "Sooyoung... i remembered something."

"What is it?" Sooyoung asked.

"That library block... was where i fell down from, wasn't it?" Haneul asked, not looking at Sooyoung. Sooyoung nodded silently.

"Why is everyone trying to hide things from me?" Haneul frowned. "Remember that time i asked you who landed me in this state? You refused to reply me. I only knew when appa blurted it out to me. And the others... i'm guessing they have no clue either."

"They just figured it out." Sooyoung replied softly.

"Who exactly is Baro to me?" Haneul finally looked at Sooyoung. Sooyoung was silent.

"Don't even think of telling me he's just a classmate, just a neighbour." Haneul sighed.

"I don't think it's the right time yet." Sooyoung looked at Haneul apologetically.

"You're always talking about the right time. When is the right time?" Haneul turned away.

"When you're much more stable. I mean, just look at yourself! You fainted near the library block after it triggered your memory. Can you imagine what might happen if i told you?" Sooyoung scolded gently.

Haneul nodded slowly. As much as she wanted to know, she didn't want anything else to happen to her.

"You'll remember soon, don't worry." Sooyoung smiled gently.

"Sooyoung... I'm scared... It's like waking up one day and having absolutely no idea what's been going on in your life, feeling a gigantic hole in your heart yet you have absolutely no idea what it is. The worse thing is, you can't do anything about it..." Haneul teared up.

"Babo, things are going to get better. I promise." Sooyoung comforted, hugging Haneul tightly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

I'M FINALLY BACK :)

How have all my lovely subscribers been? It's been a long time, hasn't it? I finished my last paper today. ^_^

I was really stressed for the past week cause of my examinations. >~< But anyway, now that i'm done with all my papers i can update more often! 

I've been missing out on all the updates too :"(

Anyway... have fun on this lovely Thursday afternoon, and i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Btw i didn't change the font on top cause i was too lazy :p

 

 

layout credit