Chapter 26

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter Twenty   Six

"Haneul, someone's here to see you." Appa called out from the kitchen as he sipped his coffee.

"Ne." Haneul put her pen down and went downstairs.

The door was wide open and Baro was outside. "Let's go out." He smiled sweetly.

She frowned. "Why are you always appearing at random times?"

"Hmm... No idea. So can we go?" He grinned.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"It's a secret." He put his finger to his lips.

"Not again." She groaned. "It'd better not be a creepy place."

Baro laughed. "Of course not! Why would i bring you to such a place?" He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the house.

"Yah, what about my clothes?" She tugged on his arm.

He turned back to face her. "Relax, you look fine." It was true though, she was wearing a white laced blouse and denim shorts. 

"Babo, i'm taking about my shoes." She gave him a look and went back to wear on a pair of ballet flats. "Okay, let's go!" She smiled.

Baro had a personal chauffeur for the day.

"Are you serious?" Haneul looked at him.

Baro nodded. "I begged my dad for it. You don't hate it, do you?" He frowned slightly.

Haneul laughed. "You should have seen your face. I was just teasing."

Baro lightened up and laughed too. He opened the door for her and she slipped inside.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul looked out of the car window and smiled to herself while wondering where they were going.

"Are you mad at me?" Baro asked anxiously.

"Nope. Why would i be?" She tilted her head to a side like a puppy.

"How would i know?" He replied.

"I'm not mad at you. It's just that i've hardly been in a car before." She smiled and explained.

"Ah..." he nodded.

"You're really not going to tell me where we're going?" She nudged him.

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Why not?" She pouted.

"I already told you it's a secret." Baro smiled sweetly.

"Tell me... Please?" She pleaded.

"I'm not going to." He shook his head. Haneul pouted and Baro laughed. "You'll find out soon." He pinched her cheeks.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car came to a stop gently. "Sir, we're here." The chauffeur said.

"Thanks." Baro smiled and helped Haneul out of the car.

"Oh, Namsan Tower!" She exclaimed.

"See why it was a secret?" He smiled.

"Hmm... nope." She giggled.

Baro sighed even though he knew she was just teasing him. "Never mind, let's go." He intertwined fingers with her and they entered the tower.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Close your eyes." Baro instructed.

Haneul looked confused, but did as she was told.

Baro smiled and took out a wrapped present. He placed it in her hands carefully. "Open your eyes."

Haneul opened her eyes slowly and saw the present. "What's this?"

"Open it and see." He smiled happily.

She obeyed his instructions and opened the box.

 

"It's a lock!" She exclaimed. "Now i know why we're here."

Baro took out a marker from his back pocket and put their names on the lock. 

"Do you carry a marker wherever you go?" She asked, remembering the time we went on a date to Lotte World. (remember he pulled a marker out of his back pocket to scribble their names on the wall?) 

He shrugged. "Let's go put it on the railings." He held her hand and they walked towards the railings where he found an empty spot and placed the lock there.

"You can throw the key away." He gave the key to Haneul. 

She nodded and threw it down. "Done." She smiled. 

Baro smiled too. "Since we already have a lock here, we can't break up!" 

"Of course!" She smiled. 

They sat on the bench and talked for the entire afternoon. 

"Oh look, the sun's setting!" Haneul exclaimed. She stood up and went to stand at the railings. 

Baro got up too and hugged her from behind. "The sunset is so beautiful." 

Haneul nodded. They stood there in silence for several minutes. 

"Haneul ah, let's be a couple forever." Baro spoke. 

"Forever." She agreed. 

"Promise?" He asked,

"I promise." She replied with a smile on her face. 

Baro smiled and kissed Haneul on her lips tenderly as the setting sun cast a warm glow on the both of them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Another chapter! I hope you liked it. :D 

I've been feeling really stressed lately because the end-of-year examinations are next term, which is about a months time. And there is just so much to study and memorise. The examinations are cramped together this year because of some unfortunate circumstances. It's a good thing too, because school ends earlier this year. But nope, i'm not liking the examination paper arrangements. Too many subjects all cramped together to be tested within 2 weeks. 9 subjects within 2 weeks. There's barely enough time to study! I shouldn't be complaining here though. XP

So anyway, i'll be going on a hiatus from the end of September until 10th October. My last 2 papers are on 10th October so i'll be able to update once i get home. ^-^ 

Oh and i got my MBC Korean Music Wave in Singapore ticket~ It's really expensive though, $270 including tax and i paid for it myself. >~< I'm gonna have to start saving more for B1A4's comeback now...

 

 

layout credit