Chapter 2

A Twisted Fairytale

On the way to school~~

"Let's keep our distance. You'll be in front, i'll be behind." Hwamin commanded.

Haneul nodded, she didn't want Hwamin to get angry or anything. If Hwamin got angry, things were sure to get ugly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived at school after awhile.

"HANEUL!" Sooyoung waved happily.

Haneul grinned and ran up to her to give her a hug. "How are you?"

"Fine." Sooyoung smiled. Then she noticed Hwamin and threw her a spiteful look.

"Yah, you're going to get me in trouble if she complains to my parents." Haneul whispered.

"Sorry, i can't help it." Sooyoung shrugged.

"Eonnie, i'll find the way to my classroom myself." Hwamin gave them a sweet smile before strolling away.

"Let's go." Sooyoung hooked arms with Haneul and they walked into the school building together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they entered the school building, cheering and shouts of joy could be heard.

"The queenkas are here!" Someone screamed and ran towards the doors.

"I wonder who the queenkas are..." Hwamin turned and saw her sister and Sooyoung in the centre of attention. She frowned. "I should be the one in the spotlight." She was used to being showered with attention since young and everyone is her previous schools adored her. 

"Haneul-ssi! I heard you have a sister who has been admitted to this school! Is that true?" Someone asked.

Haneul paused in her tracks, unsure of what to say.

"Of course not! Do you see anyone as pretty as her?" Sooyoung immediately came to her rescue.

"No!" The crowd chanted.

Hwamin became jealous. She didn't like anyone else being in the spotlight, especially not Haneul. She was busy thinking of a way to make everyone detest Haneul when someone bumped into her. 

"YAH-" She spun around and saw a gorgeous boy. 

"Sorry, i wasn't watching where i was going." He apologised. "Are you new?"

Hwamin nodded. "I'm a year 1 student, Im Hwamin."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Cha Baro, year 3 student." He smiled before rushing away.

Hwamin felt her face turning red. 

"The kingka talked to you on your first day of school. Not bad." A girl nudged Hwamin. "I'm Kim Chaerin." She held out her hand.

Hwamin shook it politely. *Kingka?* She thought to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, Hwamin caught up with Haneul excitedly. 

"Yah, do you know Baro oppa?" Hwamin asked.

Haneul nodded. "He's been my classmate for 3 years."

"Really?" Hwamin squealed.

"Why are you asking?" Haneul replied, a little worried about what she predicted might be Hwain's mini scheme.

"Oh, it's nothing." Hwamin smiled sweetly and skipped home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haneul was unusually quiet during dinner, tired out after a long day at school. She was sure no one would notice though. 

"So, how was school today?" Eomma asked Hwamin.

"It was fine." Hwamin replied, stuffing food into .

"Did Haneul show you around?" Appa asked.

Haneul glanced at Hwamin nervously. Hwamin had told her in private she absolutely didn't want a tour of the school, so she didn't exactly show Hwamin around.

Hwamin smirked. "She did." 

"That's good." Eomma smiled.

"Ah, eomma, i might be getting a boyfriend soon." Hwamin said happily.

"And who might that lucky boy be?" Eomma asked curiously.

Hwamin put a finger to her lips. "It's a secret." She smiled and continued eating her dinner.

Haneul felt her stomach churn. *Don't tell me it's Baro...* She bit her lower lip nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second chapter is up! I hope it wasn't too bad. :) Thanks for reading. ^^