Chapter 37

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   Seven

Appa opened the drawer of his study where Haneul's old phone was. "Maybe i should wait until you remember..." He sighed. He had replaced everything that she had once owned. All the gifts that Baro had gotten her were kept safely away in a cabinet in his room, sealed with a chain that had a massive lock. 

Baro had personally requested that appa keep these things away. He had thought that it might be better for Haneul not to remember him. Afterall, he was the cause of her memory loss. Perhaps if he stayed far away from her, things would return to normal.

Haneul, on the other hand, was deeply perplexed by the things she couldn't remember. Her memories were all sort of fuzzy. She could never recall them fully. It was frustrating how everyone seemed to be hiding things from her. It was as if everyone was afraid they would trigger something horrible. But then again, there was nothing she could do about it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sweat dripped off her brow and she hurriedly sat up straight. Haneul had been having the same nightmare 3 nights in a row. There was a blurry figure holding onto her hand as she dangled off a building rooftop. Blood was trickling down his arm as he lost his grip on her and she fell down and down into a terribly dark abyss.

Wiping her seat, she huddled underneath the covers and Byeol for comfort. Appa was surprisingly comfortable with the idea of her having a puppy around for comfort, since it seemed that she was really lonely.

Byeol whimpered and her hand happily. 

A gust of wind blew through the windows and sent a shiver down her spine as the curtains flittered in the breeze. She got out of bed and went to close the windows before switching on the lights. She didn't want to get back to sleep, worried that the same nightmare would haunt her again.

Her dreams were always fuzzy and she couldn't be sure if they were figments of her imagination or bits and pieces of her memories. 

She flipped open a book as a piece of paper dropped onto the ground. "What's that." She picked it up, only to discover that it was a photograph of her and another guy.

"... Baro?" The guy in her photo was hardly recognisable as the lighting was dim.  Yet she could distinguish his features. Except for that bright smile painted on that guy's face, Haneul was 99% sure it was Baro. Who else had those single-eyelid eyes?

"What exactly is our relationship?" She grunted in frustration. "Byeol ah, if only you could talk. You'd tell me what everyone else is hiding from me, right?"

Byeol barked and her foot. Haneul laughed and picked Byeol up. "Yah, that tickles." 

Haneul looked out the window, she thought she was Baro looking back at her. Rubbing her eyes furiously, she glanced at the window again.

Nope, no Baro.

Convinced that her eyes were playing tricks on her, she headed back to bed and started to sleep again.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

HEY~ It's Saturday. Which means tomorrow will be my last update before i go on a semi-hiatus/hiatus. It depends because i'll have to see how busy i am. >~<

But anyway, i promise double updates on 10 October as a form of celebrating the end of my examinations~

Look forward to it! ^^

See you guys tomorrow~! 

 

 

layout credit