Chapter 31

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   One

Baro rushed forward and managed to grab Haneul's hand in time.

He winced as blood trickled down his arm. "Don't let go!" He warned.

"Baro... your arm..." Tears started to flow down her cheeks as she saw the blood trickling down his arm.

"I'm fine. I won't let go. I promise." He said.

"This is the end right?" Haneul started to cry.

Tears flowed down Baro's cheeks. "Babo. It's not the end yet."

"It is. Hwamin has won."

"It doesn't matter. I still love you."

"You can't help me. You're injured. And no one knows where we are."

"I'll get help. They'll find us."

"They won't."

"Don't be so pessimistic."

Haneul's hand was slowly slipping from Baro's. "Baro-ah... don't miss me too much. Don't do anything to Hwamin either. She's still immature, she doesn't understand."

"Haneul... don't let go... i almost lost you once. I can't lose you again!" Baro cried.

"I'll miss you... Don't forget, you promised to help me regain my memories if i lost them." Haneul cried.

"Don't let go... I promise i'll protect you with all my heart. I'll never let you go again." Haneul gave a small smile as Baro lost his grip on her.

"Haneul ah!!!" He shouted as she dropped onto the ground below. She lay on the ground, motionless.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eomma and appa rushed to the hospital. Baro was already there, a bandage wrapped around his wound. Hwamin was nowhere to be found. The surgeon exited the operation theatre. Baro rushed to him. "How is Haneul?"

"The operation was a success, there was a brain clot, but we cleared it. However, she has fallen into a coma. When she wakes up, she might forget some of her memories." He explained.

Eomma collapsed. "So... we won't know who did this to her until she wakes up?"

Baro stiffened. "Actually, i know who did it."

Eomma and appa looked at Baro intently.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"IM HWAMIN! Come out immediately!" Appa shouted. Hwamin peeked out nervously. She was fully aware of what she had done. "Come here!" He shouted. It was the first time he had shouted at her. Deep in his heart, he loved Haneul more than Hwamin. But because he was hardly home after the birth of Hwamin, he had neglected her so often. When they were poor, he knew that Haneul was only allowed to eat the leftovers, and often ignored his gastric pains so that his daughter would have enough to eat. Even though he knew that his beloved daughter was being ill-treated, there was nothing he could do. He knew his child needed a mother. To be truthful, he never really liked Hwamin. She was spoilt and rude, the exact opposite of Haneul, but he had always kept himself from showing his displeasure. 
 

"You've gone too far!" He shouted as Hwamin quivered in front of him. "How can you push your own sister down the building?! You even tried to stab her! Don't think we don't know what you did!"

 

Eomma decided to speak up. Even though she loved Haneul, she loved Hwamin much more. She couldn't stand the sight of Hwamin getting scolded by her husband.

"I'm sure it was just a moment of folly. She won't do it again." She said.

"Stop defending her! If the building was higher up, Haneul would have died!" He argued.

"But she didn't!"

"You don't care that our daughter is in a coma now, do you?"

"I do! But Hwamin didn't do it on purpose!"

"I'm sure she can control her own hand movements!"

"Are you just going to believe a stranger's words?! Shouldn't you listen to what Hwamin has to say first?!"

He turned to Hwamin,"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I..." She stuttered, then looked up fiercely. "I didn't do it!"

"Aren't you going to trust our daughter?!" Eomma screamed.

"Never again." Appa stormed out of the house.

Hwamin's face fell and she fell to the ground. "Eomma... What am i going to do? I... i didn't mean to..."

"Don't worry. Eomma will protect you. It's my fault isn't it? I was only trying to push you to work hard. I didn't expect..." she hugged Hwamin tightly. "My daughter... i will never leave you... i promise..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baro sat by the hospital bed.

"Haneul ah... please wake up. I miss you so much. I promised to help you regain your memories, i haven't forgotten that promise yet. So please wake up." Tears streamed down his face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Okay i know i'm evil. Sorry. I just returned from jogging and i'm sweating all over so i didn't really check for any errors. XP

My dad might be bringing me out to get a new phone today. YAY~ I'm so happy. I can't stand this phone any longer. It keeps resetting, annoying me so much. UGH.

Anyway.... happy Monday! I think i might be having Monday blues. -_- It's the holidays though. But i have to revise and all. :"( 

See y'all tomorrow! 

 

 

layout credit