Chapter 32

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   Two

Baro glanced worriedly at Haneul. It had been a month since she had fallen into a coma. "Haneul ah, it's been a month so please wake up okay? I'll take you on a super nice date once you wake up. I promise!" He said.

Just then Jinyoung entered the room with a packet of food. He handed the packet to Baro. "Why don't you go home to rest? Coming here everyday after school is not going to help her. You just need to wait patiently."

Baro shook his head. "I'm fine. I want to be the first person she sees when she wakes up." He paused. "What if she forgets me?"

"She won't. You played such a big part in her life. I don't think it's easy to forgot someone she's so close to." Jinyoung assured him.

Baro sighed as he looked at Haneul helplessly. He really hoped she would wake up soon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Appa stared at the cream coloured walls with satisfaction. Everything was prepared for Haneul. He was going to welcome her with warm arms when she woke up. A week after she fell into a coma, he had divorced his wife. It was evident she didn't care about Haneul.

Even if she did, he could not live with someone who sided with Hwamin. Hwamin could have killed Haneul and yet showed no remorse. She was as arrogant as before, though she tended to keep her head down whenever she saw him.

He had left the house to the mother and daughter pair, leaving for a smaller apartment somewhere in the city. It was still close to WM High School though, so that it wouldn't trouble her too much if she wanted to return to school.

The apartment was small but cosy. He planned to spend more time with his daughter after neglecting her for so many years.

He went into her room 

and started to hang several photo frames on the walls. He had gotten some photographs of her and Baro and put them into nicely decorated frames. 

Baro was a nice boy and had left a good impression on him. He had thought it would be nice if Haneul and Baro's relationship continued since it had always seemed so sweet to him. 

Placing the last photo frame on the wall, he muttered a soft prayer in favour of Haneul.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hwamin grimaced at the thought of school. No one except for Jinyoung, Baro and Gongchan knew a thing. Yet everyone would always giving her the cold shoulder. They'd bump into her in the hallways and make her drop her books and then glare at her before leaving. 

She felt remorseful. Especially since Baro never acknowledged her presence anymore. It felt worse than being in hell. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baro felt his mobile vibrate. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. It was math lesson and he didn't bother taking notes. Afterall, the teacher was just repeating the stuff they had learnt last lesson. 

His mobile vibrated again and he decided to check what was the matter. His eyes widened upon opening up the text message. He shot up from his seat, attracting everyone's attention.

"I need to leave. It's an emergency." He said quickly before running out of the classroom.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Hey, a short chapter today :) 

I got my new phone yesterday night! Hehehe. Okay sorry, have fun reading! 

Have a nice Tuesday~

 

 

layout credit