Chapter 43

A Twisted Fairytale

Haneul opened her eyes, surprised to find herself in her own comfy bed. "Jinyoung oppa must have carried me home." She thought to herself and slipped out of bed. Her birthday was just round the corner, and she wanted to celebrate it well with Sooyoung, Jinyoung and Gongchan. Perhaps even Baro too, if he wanted to.

Byeol came whimpering and snuffed Haneul's feet. "Are you hungry too?" She smiled and gave Byeol a plate of food.

She smiled at Byeol hungrily snapping up the food and glanced at the door of her father's study. After her father had banned her from the room, she couldn't help but feel as if he was keeping a secret from her too. A big secret.

"Haneul aren't you going to school?" Appa asked, taking a sip of coffee. "Ne." Haneul gave him a small smile and nodded. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ne eomma. I'll be there in two days' time. Of course i will. Love you too." Baro said and hung up.

"I guess Haneul will never know then. Perhaps it's better this way." he sighed and looked at the airplane ticket scheduled to America.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Oh, annyeong haseyo." Haneul greeted Baro. It so happened that he was on his way to school too.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

Haneul nodded. "Thanks for taking care of me the other time."

"It's the least i can do." He gave her a small smile before speed-walking away.

"Hold on a moment!" She shouted and started to run after him. She finally managed to catch up to him, huffing and puffing. "Yah, why are you so fast?"

Baro shrugged, a small smile tugging on his lips. "What is it?" He asked without emotion.

"Do you know anything of my past relationship with you?" She asked, gasping for air in between her words.

"Why would i?" He frowned slightly.

"How am i supposed to know? I'm the one with the memory loss here." She replied.

"Right." Baro nodded. "I have to ask you something though. What if someone you once trusted a lot lied to you? Not exactly lie, but something like... kept the truth from you."

"Hmm... Maybe? I guess it depends." She paused. "Are you hiding something from me too?"

He shrugged. "We're going to be late for school. Just look at the rate you're walking at." He smirked and walked faster.

"What?" She scoffed. "I'm not slow! You're the fast one." She hurriedly caught up with him and made sure she had the same pace as him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Are you sure you don't want Haneul to know?" Jinyoung asked worriedly.

Baro nodded. "She doesn't have to know. She doesn't really remember me anyway."

"Hyung, what if you leave and she remembers one day?" Gongchan asked and Baro shrugged.

"Why are you going over to America anyway? I thought you hated that place." Jinyoung muttered.

"My mum suggested i go there to study and i decided to take up the offer. I'll be seeing her in two days' time." Baro replied.

Hwamin was eavesdropping on their conversation. She couldn't believe her ears. "He's going to leave without Haneul knowing?" She frowned.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul grabbed a book and sat beside the window in the library. It was in the afternoon and she didn't have any intention of rushing home. It would just make her remember that box.

She stared blankly out of the window. She hadn't told anyone about the box her father didn't want her to open yet.

"What am i supposed to do? This is so frustrating." she groaned.

"Eonnie." Hwamin greeted and sat opposite Haneul.

Haneul looked up and gave her a small smile. "What is it?"

"I..." Hwamin sighed. "How much have you remembered?"

"Not much, maybe just some snippets here and there..." Haneul bit her lip. "Are you doing well with eomma?"

Hwamin nodded. "We're rather well-off i suppose. Eomma got this high paying job as a restaurant manager and she's doing well. I don't see her as much though." She paused. "Anyway, i've decided on something."

"And what's that?" Haneul asked. "I want to help you regain your memories. I don't care if they murder me or something, i think you really need to know." Hwamin paused. "Baro is going to leave for America."

"Am i supposed to be worried?" Haneul asked.

"I...nevermind. Where are all your old belongings? The ones you had before you lost you memory." Hwamin asked.

"I don't know. I think appa kept them somewhere... there's a box he prevented me from opening." Haneul replied, her brows knitted tightly together.

"Take my advice and open that box. Before Baro leaves for America." Hwamin said before taking her leave.

"That box?" Haneul frowned. "Why is she beating around the bush? She can just tell me."

 

Nevertheless, she made a mental note to open the box.

 

 

Hello again :) 

I may be ending this fanfic in the next few chapters, so be prepared okay? I'm not too sure about the ending yet, so it might take awhile... And yes, i gave up on the format. It was annoying anyway. -_-

Have a nice week ahead!