Chapter 36

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   Six

Haneul smiled as she entered and saw appa cooking lunch in the kitchen. "Appa~" She sang merrily.

"Did you have a good day at school?" He smiled. 

Haneul nodded. "Appa, can i ask you something?" She asked, remembering the conversation she had earlier with Hwamin.

"Of course." He nodded.

"Why aren't Hwamin and eomma living with us?" She asked.

Appa paused for awhile, the pan of chicken still on the stove.

"Appa, the chicken is going to be burnt." Haneul said helpfully.

He snapped out of his trance and quickly removed the pan of chicken. "Is that really important to you?" He asked.

"Why not? I mean, Hwamin is my dongsaeng and eomma..." She trailed off.

"Have you also forgotten how they treated you when you were younger?" He asked, wiping his hands on a piece of cloth.

Haneul shook her head. "That's all in the past. I'd like to forget those horrible times."

"What exactly have you forgotten?" Appa frowned.

Haneul shrugged. "How am i supposed to know?"

Appa sighed. "Do you remember when Hwamin got admitted into WM High?"

Haneul nodded.

"When you got chased out of the house?" He asked.

Haneul shook her head.

Appa furrowed his brows. "I suppose it's everything connected to Baro then." He muttered. 

"So... can you tell me why?" She asked.

"I suppose you don't have any impression at all, but... Hwamin was the one who got you into this state." He confessed.

"Hwamin? Why would she do that to me? I mean, it's normal for her to make up stories about me... but this... Appa, what exactly happened to me?" She frowned.

"You were pushed down a building." He sighed.

"Oh." Haneul looked down at her feet. "So that's what happened." She paused. "I'll go do my homework." She said before heading to her room.

She closed the room door and tried to re-assemble her scattered thoughts. "Wait so... i lost my memory because of Hwamin? And Baro is just a classmate and neighbour? Aish, this is so frustrating." She sighed and sank to the floor.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Appa, i'm going for a walk." Haneul informed before leaving the apartment. Just as she closed the door behind her, Baro stepped out of his apartment, holding on to a leash.

The cute dog attached to the leash suddenly started barking and ran up to Haneul, pawing at her legs.

"Yah, Byeol, get back here." Baro hissed, scooping Byeol up in his arms.

"Byeol?" Haneul smiled. "That's a nice name."

"I'm taking her out for awhile." He said.

"Can i come along?" She asked. "I feel like i've seen Byeol somewhere before."

"You can walk her then. I'm feeling tired." He placed Byeol into her arms and hurriedly went back into his apartment.

Haneul was surprised. "Okay..." She set Byeol on the floor. "Let's go then."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

An hour later, Haneul was standing outside Baro's apartment, knocking on the door. 

Baro immediately opened the door. "What is it?"

"Byeol-" Haneul was cut off.

"You know what? You should just keep her. She seems attached to you anyway." Baro smiled a little.

"Are you sure?" Her eyes widened.

Baro nodded. "It's fine with me." He gave her another small smile before closing the door.

Haneul blinked. "What's his problem?" She sighed and carried Byeol into her own apartment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Here you go~ Another chapter~~~ My author notes are getting shorter too. -_- Anyway, it's Friday! Which means school starts in 2 days. ::>_<:: I'll see you soon i guess...

 

 

layout credit