Chapter 38

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   Eight

Hwamin stared bitterly at the wall. She didn't mean for Baro to hate her at all. All she wanted was to get rid of Haneul so that Baro would start noticing her. But she had pushed him further from her instead of pulling him closer.

Hwamin sighed in frustration. "What exactly am i doing to myself?" She started to think carefully, remembering all the times she treated Haneul badly.

Starting to find some humanity in herself, she felt guilty about pushing Haneul down the building. Sure, she was jealous, but that was no way to treat someone who was always so good to her. 

She starting feeling an immense amount of guilt in her. "Eonnie... I'm so sorry..." She muttered to herself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Eonnie!" Hwamin called out and ran to Haneul.

"What is it?" Haneul asked patiently. She had confirmed with Sooyoung that Hwamin was the one who pushed her down the building. But she didn't want to hate her younger sister.

"I... I'm sorry." Hwamin apologised.

"Sorry?" Haneul blinked. It wasn't natural for Hwamin to apologise. Especially not to her.

"I'm really sorry... for everything i did... I shouldn't have been so horrible to you. I'm sorry for being such a horrible person." Hwamin bowed her head in shame. Somehow, she expected Haneul to start giving her the cold shoulder and just walk away. But instead, Haneul smiled warmly at her.

"It's okay, that's all in the past now." Haneul smiled and patted her shoulder before turning to leave.

*She probably doesn't know...* Hwamin bit her lip. She felt tears gathering at the end of her eyes. "Eonnie." She grabbed Haneul's arm.

Haneul turned back, anticipating a hateful glare from Hwamin. 

"Eonnie... i'm so sorry. I'm the one who pushed you down that building. I'm the one who made you lose your memories." Hwamin started crying. "I've been having nightmares ever since i pushed you down. I wanted to apologise but i was afraid you'd hate me. You've always been such a good sister to me but all i did was harm you more and more." She poured everything out.

Haneul gave another smile and hugged Hwamin. "It's okay. Don't cry, you're going to make me feel bad."

"Eonnie, don't you hate me?" Hwamin pulled away. "Why are you so kind hearted? This is the part where you're supposed to slap me or something!"

Haneul just shook her head and held Hwamin's hands. "Listen to me. I'm not the least bit mad at you. Maybe i was, initially, when appa told me that. But being angry doesn't help anything. It won't help me in any way, and it definitely won't help me regain my memories. So what's the use of getting angry at you? You admitted being a horrible person, and i know how much you've changed because the old Hwamin wouldn't even mutter a word of sorry for an elderly woman." She gave a small laugh.

"What matters is that you've changed. I don't care about what happened, because it already happened. You basically have two choices in life. One would be to look back and try to change the past when you know you absolutely can't. The other would be to look forward and move on, focus on what's going to happen next. You decide which." Haneul let go of Hwamin's hands and smiled. "Don't blame yourself for what happened." She gave Hwamin another hug before walking away.

Hwamin stood there alone, reflecting on her actions, thinking about Haneul's words. Everything suddenly became so clear to her. She was going to help Haneul regain her memories. Even if it cost Hwamin her own life.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Okay, so i've decided to go on a full hiatus until the 10th of October because i want to study as hard as possible tog et good grades. I was feeling so stressed last night because my exams are in about...2-3 weeks time. >~<

So yeah, this will be my last update until then. PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE!!

I promise i'll be back. Until then, please wait patiently!

Decided to give you guys a B1A4 picture to cheer you up. ^^

UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN~

 

 

layout credit