Chapter 35

A Twisted Fairytale
—  Chapter  Thirty   Five

"Oof! Sorry!" Haneul apologised after bumping into someone.

"It's fine." The other person looked up. "Oh, it's you."

"Hwamin, are you okay?" Haneul had noticed the dark circles under Hwamin's eyes.

"I'm fine." Hwamin shot her a glare, wanting to walk off.

"Hold on." Haneul held Hwamin's arm firmly. "Why aren't you and eomma living with us?"

"You don't remember, do you?" Hwamin sighed and brushed off Haneul's arm angrily.

 "If i remembered. i wouldn't be asking you." Haneul replied.

"Go home and ask appa. You can ask Sooyoung, Jinyoung, Gongchan or Baro too. If you remember them." Hwamin scoffed.

"Baro? Did we know each other well?" Haneul asked.

Sooyoung shot Hwamin a threatening glare. 

"Ask someone else, i'm busy." Hwamin muttered before walking away.

"Sooyoung." Haneul turned to Sooyoung.

"I... The time's not right yet. I'll tell you after you've adjusted to your present life." Sooyoung patted Haneul on her shoulder.

Haneul sighed. "Okay then."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Haneul ah, i have to stay back today, i can't walk home with you." Sooyoung apologised, feeling extremely guilty.

"It's okay. I know my way home." Haneul smiled and gave her best friend a little push. "Just go."

Sooyoung smiled gratefully. "Okay. Text me when you get home." She handed a new phone to Haneul. "I've added all the contacts you need inside. Your old phone is with your dad." 

Haneul nodded and took the phone from Sooyoung's hands. 

"I'll get going then." Sooyoung smiled and walked out of the classroom.

Haneul put her books into her satchel and towards the gates of the school. 

All of a sudden, it started pouring heavily. Haneul sighed and immediately hid under a building for shelter.

Baro walked to her and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Do you need me to shelter you home?" He asked softly.

Haneul looked at him, a little stunned. "But...isn't it inconvenient?"

"I live right beside you. The apartment your dad bought is next to mine. We're neighbours." He admitted. There was no point in hiding that from her. She would find out once he stepped out of the house.

"Oh... okay then." She smiled, her eye-smile showing. She thought she could see a small smile play on his lips, but quickly dismissed that thought. Why would he be smiling anyway?

He opened up his large black umbrella and sheltered the both of them home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Baro-ssi, thanks for sheltering me home." Haneul smiled.

"Welcome." He mumbled before stepping into his own apartment.

Haneul frowned. "How can such a good-looking guy be so unfriendly." She muttered to herself before entering her own apartment.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

Author Note

Done revising for today (basically i just sat in front of my desk staring at an extremely difficult math question while scrolling through twitter for 2 hours) Hehe. Anyway, i hope you enjoyed it. o∩_∩o

 

 

layout credit