Chapter 14

A Twisted Fairytale

"Baro... why did you help me?" Haneul asked softly.

"Hmm?" Baro looked into Haneul's deep brown eyes.

"Why?" She repeated.

"Because i knew what Jinyoung was going to do. An eye for an eye. He was probably going to cut your satchel into half too. I had to stop him. He was going too far. And you probably don't have another bag. Am i right?" He explained.

Haneul nodded. "But... exposing Miyoung like that, it seems a little..."

"Cruel?" He asked.

Haneul nodded.

"And what she has been doing to you isn't cruel?" Baro frowned.

"I can take it. But Hwamin... She's always gotten her way. I'm worried she might not be able to take it." She sighed.

"Don't worry. The Kingkas will be there if anything drastic happens. Sooyoung too." He patted her back.

"But Jinyoung seonbae..." Her voice trailed off.

"He probably hates Hwamin right now. He hates all those who do 'evil' and stuff." He replied.

Haneul nodded. "Thanks."

"Welcome. I couldn't stand Hwamin bullying you again." He smiled.

Jinyoung walked over, a guilty look on his face. "Sorry, i didn't know." He apologised to Haneul.

"It's okay. She has a way of twisting and distorting facts. I'm used to it." Haneul replied.

Jinyoung nodded. "Really? I feel very guilty."

"Don't be. I'm really used to it." She re-assured him and smiled.

Jinyoung smiled. "I'll treat you better from now own. I promise."

Gongchan walked up. "What did i tell you?" He smiled and gently punched Jinyoung's shoulder.

Haneul smiled. "Anyway... i need to go now." She stood up and smiled.

"Now?" Gongchan pouted.

"You'll still see me tomorrow anyway. Annyeong." She waved and hurried off.

Baro smiled.

"So that's why you never participated in our debates." Jinyoung nodded.

Gongchan laughed. "I told you she's the victim. You were blinded by her innocent look."

Jinyoung frowned. "Stop harping on it already. I feel so guilty."

"Then make it up to her." Gongchan replied.

"How?" Jinyoung asked.

"Easy. By treating her nicely in the future." Gongchan smiled.

Jinyoung nodded. "Okay, thanks!" He gave Gongchan a pat on the back before running to catch up with Haneul.

"Haneul ah!" He ran up to her and smiled. "I'll walk you home."

"You're just doing this because you feel guilty right?" Haneul puffed her cheeks.

"Maybe." He rubbed his neck awkwardly. "By the way, how is Hwamin related you?" 

Haneul stopped in her tracks. "She's my dongsaeng." (Dongsaeng means little sister, if you don't know.) She continued walking.

"Can i ask you something?" He asked.

Haneul nodded.

"Why is Hwamin like that? Did anything happen to her when she was young?" He wondered.

Haneul shook her head. "She's been like this since young. We've never been close to each other."

Jinyoung nodded. "And your parents?"

"They love her much more than they love me. So they don't care at all." She sighed.

Jinyoung nodded. "I see."

Haneul stopped at her house. "I'll see you around." She smiled and bowed before entering the silent house.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hwamin slammed the front door behind her.

Eomma ran out with a worried face. "Did anything happen in school?"

"Everything happened!" Hwamin screamed in frustration.

"Tell eomma. Did your eonnie do something to you again?" Eomma asked.

"She made the entire school hate me!" Hwamin flopped onto the couch.

Eomma exploded. "IM HANEUL! COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Haneul bit her lip and went downstairs anxiously.

Eomma immediately landed a hard slap on her cheek. "How many times have i told you not to bully Hwamin at school?! She's your own dongsaeng, for goodness' sake!"

Haneul withstood the pain and looked at the ground.

"What did you do this time?!" Eomma screamed.

Haneul was silent.

"That's it!" Eomma grabbed the cane and started to hit Haneul.

Hwamin's furiousness died down and turned into happiness when she saw Haneul get hit.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

YAY another update because i'm free for now. Hehe. :D

Thank you for reading. ^^