America's Hidden Talents Plus Other Cheesy Stuff

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator POV

"I'll put in the movie before I leave. Those of you who didn't get enough sleep can rest on the floor unless you're Hana, Crystal, or Suzi agasshi. In that case, you may of course sleep in your rooms," the manager said as he walked over to the medium sized TV and popped the DVD out of its case.

He didn't really see the point of watching Paranormal Activity during the day, but he shrugged it off and loaded the disc into the drive. The movie was up and ready to play so he bid them all a farewell. "I'll be back at six to get you all," he said as he opened the door.

"Five? That's an hour before we have to be at the studio isn't it?" Seungri asked confused.

"Ah, you were asleep when I told Daesung. We have to go to a short interview before the..surprise thing," he said seeing the three girls come out into the living room on the right of the door. "Remember to rest your voices and drink lots of water," the manager added as usual and then closed the door behind him.

"Surprise thing?" Crystal asked, looking towards Seungri who sat down on the floor with a pillow on his lap to rest his arms.

"You'll see," TOP said with the killer smirk.

Crys' POV

"So why are we watching this again?" I asked. I know the three of us both loved and hated these movies. My problem was it made me think something was going to kill me every time I entered a dark place by myself. Suzi and Hana had similar issues, but Hana was rarely scared by them.

Hana would be creeped out but wouldn't jump as much at the things that popped out. Unless she had sugar previously. Suzi would jump and scream/yell a bit like me, but would end up laughing her off right after.

"Because oppas haven't seen it yet and it's funny," Suzi said as she plopped down at the end of the couch just above where Seungri sat.

"Funny? You think this of to which is based off a real story is funny?" Hana asked with a bit of a disappointment in her voice. I came and sat on Suzi eomma's left knowing I'd have someone to be scared with and yet still feel somewhat safe. Especially from that heart-stopping smirk of TOP oppa who now sat next to Seungri in front of me.

"Anniyo!" Suzi exclaimed with a bit of worry. I sighed. She always means something good but sometimes says it comes out just plain backwards or bad. "I mean the fact that I jump and get so scared is funny," she said as Hana curtly laughed and nodded, letting eomma know she knew what she had meant.

GD came in and sat down next to TOP as Daesung sat down on the last portion of the couch next to Hana. I guess those two were really getting along well. They had different views on some things, but had agreed to disagree. Which by all means is great! That's how we three stayed such good friends in the first place.

Taeyang sat next to G and pressed play. This was our first time watching it with Korean voice-overs, so it was really weird, but made us pay even more attention to the actual things they said. All the lights had been turned off and a black blanket had been placed over the thin curtains that covered the small balcony's door.

Hana's POV

"OH MY JESUS!" the two next to me screamed as they grasped each other's arm with their life. I made a small jump as Daesung oppa gasped and grabbed my wrist. He put his other hand to his chest and let out a breath. "Aish! That's the third time it's done that big bang noise," he said, earning a bit of a laugh from me and the others at the 'big bang' pun.

GD and TOP had practically jumped into each other's laps a few times. Taeyang laughed along with Suzi who was starting to make me and Crys nervous. One of her however many laughs that was coming out was her creepy evil and low chuckle. So not okay! Seungri was even getting freaked out. G found it entertaining to say the least. That was until he turned back around to view the TV and heard a noise similar to the eomma's laugh. Then he was a bit weirded out.

One last scream and/or jump and gasp came out just a moment before it ended, leaving room for the sequel.

Crystal became a damn ninja and immediately jumped over the side of the couch and pulled down the blanket, letting the afternoon sun stream into the previously dark room.

Suzi was got up after TOP had moved as well, and jumped up and down, shaking her body back and forth, to get rid of the fear and creepy feelings she had prior to the ending. She turned and stared at me for a second, then at Daesung, and then back to me with an amused smile before she turned and went into the kitchen.

"Your manager said to drink lots of water, right? C'mon now. I know I'm not older than you but you need to stay hydrated. Pali oppas!" Suzi ordered firmly but kindly from the kitchen.

"Ne eomma," teasingly chimed the four boys that were on the floor. Suzi stuck her head around the corner of the kitchen and stuck her tongue out playfully before returning to the sink where we could here water being streamed into glasses.

As this happened I had looked up at Daesung who was watching the members stand up.
"What was unnie smiling abo-" I paused in my thought process as I saw his hand still on my wrist, although in a gentler state, and at how close we were sitting. "Oh," I thought again as I felt my cheeks warming up. His warm skinned arm that showed itself from the blue t-shirt he wore, was pressed against mine still.

"And you didn't notice this during the whole movie why, pabo?" I scolded myself with a mental slap. Standing up to let Daesung oppa out to follow the other's into the kitchen, I turned to Crystal who was laughing a bit towards me. "Shikkuro," I giggled and hid my face a bit. I'm not really a hug kind of a person but let my oldest unnie give me one before she walked off to put the blanket back in her room.

Suzi's POV

I made sure they all got a glass and then without them noticing I slid out of the kitchen and grabbed Hana who stood in a daze in the middle of the living room. "Yah!" she complained before I dragged her outside onto the balcony. I shut the door quietly but made sure it was shut tight and prayed it would block a majority of our conversation.

"Ugh! Waeeee~," I groaned as I slumped half my arms and head over the railing. This damn balcony was only built to hold a mouse and a fly, I swear. None-the-less, Crystal managed to squeeze in on the other side of me.

"What is it? And why are we out here?" Crys asked with a hand on my shoulder.

"You shut the door good?" I asked without looking up. Still able to sense her nod, I turned around to face the both of them. It was time for English, just in case. ...Even if it was pointless, since they were pretty much fluent in it themselves. Well at least Taeyang for sure. "Ok, so I'm thinking we could end up being really good friends with these guys," I began.

"Well, yeah, I mean I think we already are. They seem to like us just fine and we're getting to know each other more. So the whole comfortable around one another without fangirling is going better than we thought," Crystal replied catching onto the whole English conversation.

"Well yeah but-"

"You're wondering how long that's gonna last?" Hana cut in. I nodded with a sigh.

"Well if we get into a fight I'm sure you and I can work it out. I don't think these guys would be acting really douchey about it if it did happen," Crystal said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"That's not exactly what I meant," I said and bit my lip.

"Hm? What did you mean exactly?" Hana asked, italicizing the last word with her voice.

"I meant, what if we or they end up liking each other more than friends in the end. And that doesn't just go for them. It goes for the other groups we meet too," I explained.

"You think too much," Hana said bluntly.

"I know that. And it's a killer curse and blessing at the same time. Now how about answering the question please?" I begged.

They both sighed and shook their heads. "I'm not sure," Crys said. "But don't think about it and just pretend you're still in a dream where you can do whatever you want," she added.

"Isn't that what you told us to do when we went on a trip to San Diego once?" the tall one cut in with an innocent smile.

"Yeah. I guess you're right. I just hope I don't become a heartbreaker like I did when we did go there," I said with a small smile and sigh. Just then we could hear G-Dragon, Daesung, and Taeyang laughing blurting out "you're my ha-ha-ha-ha-heartbreaker!" from inside and couldn't help but smile at the depressing irony.

"F my life," I stated bluntly as my laugh died. I opened the door and went back into Korean mode. "Yah! Rest your voices he said!" I joked and was pushed on the head by Hana who didn't want me spoiling the fact we were hearing them sing live and a-cappella.

"Look here! We have a jittery Seungri!" GD exclaimed and began to laugh as the Big Bang maknae began to show his aegyo and then jumped around in circles.

"What's his deal?" Taeyang asked after laughing along with the others.

"VVIP is getting hotter by the minute and he's out of his 'mood killer' phase," TOP grinned.

"Took ya long enough!" Daesung smiled.

"Let's make them show off their vocals!" Seungri yelled as he hopped away to the laptop that Hana mentioned she brought. It laid on the table top next to the couch and he opened it up. "Password?" he said and covered his eyes as the female maknae typed it in and opened up internet and went to YouTube.

"Wait...why did I just do that? I don't wanna sing in front of you guys!" she exclaimed, voicing my thoughts, as well as Crystal's I bet.

Seungri let out a cute but evil 'hehehe' as he typed in Heartbeat 2PM. "You know the lyrics, ne?" he asked as he turned his head.

We nodded relentlessly. "Turn it up all the way so that we don't have to feel like you can actually hear us," I pouted. Hana's face said she was worried about blowing out the speakers so I assured her I'd get them fixed myself to save us an awkward feeling.

"Omo, why are we agreeing to this?" Crys whined behind her hands that covered her face in anxiety. And not the good kind.

"Because we're that persuasively good looking," Taeyang joked as TOP crossed his arms and did one of his stares and smirks that make the girls flip, and GD pretended to fix his hair and act egotistical. It made us laugh, which helped get off some of the nerves. "Curse idols and their idea of fun," I thought with a small whimper. The music to the instrumental started a few moments after the suddenly energized Seungri clicked the play button.

Thank God there were lyrics. Even though we knew them, the whole fact that we were singing in front of a few of the gods of vocals was kind of making me, if not all three of us, blank a bit on the words. I guess Seungri kind of figured that.

The intro began. I had practiced the raps to 2PM songs for so long and finally was able to speak at the needed speed for my Korean to flow clearly. It was only in music I could do this. Normally though? Hell no. I still needed help with some translation and had asked CAP and Changjo for some help when I was practicing with them last night. Damn...that was just last night? This is going to be one kick trip in Korea.

Narrator POV

The girls had split parts up on this song before and knew what to do, but were, of course, nervous none-the-less. Suzi was and alto along with Crystal, but Crys could handle higher notes easier, and Hana was a soprano to descant.

Suzi pulled her hair into a high-ish, side ponytail, took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
"Can ya feel my heartbeat?" she began, and lifted her hand slowly to her heart. The beat of it had become the same beat as the song.

Crystal stood on Suzi's left and Hana on Suzi's right. Strategizing their positions to give them a good sound. : "Heart-beat. Heart-beat."

Suzi opened her eyes and looked up slowly. :

"Niga jitbarpgo tteonan simjangi
Ajikdo ttwigo isseo geugeotdo neoreul hyanghae.
Ijeuryeogo amuri noryeokhaebwado
Saeroun saramdeureul amuri mannabwado
Gyesok dasi tto dasi doraseomyeon wae nisaenggangman naneunji
Anhallae geumanhallae amuri naejasineul
Dallaego tto dallaebwado amu soyongieobseo
Nae simjangi gojangna beoryeosseo wae."


As the girls sang on, the members of Big Bang went around to view them from the side, knowing that if they stood directly in front of them, the girls might get more nervous. They all noticed that there was a strange change in the expressions and overall feel of the girls.
Suzi's voice carried a rough background in it yet came out strong and clear. Crystal's was also strong but with a softer background with a kind firmness that held your attention. Hana's tone was almost like a combination of a flute and a harp on top of a wispy cloud. It reminded you of a spring night, and when she was in her lower soprano range, it was more like the morning of spring. Awakening and less of a lullaby, but again, one that made your soul turn to listen to her.

Suzi continued onto Chansung's part. :

"Wae ajikdo nan ireon babogateun jiseul haneunji
Meoriron algenneunde gaseumeun wae jimamdaeronji
Neoreul japgo nochireul motae
Jigeumdo niga naui gyeote inneun geot gatae
Geureul mitjimotae."


Crystal who had been looking downward, lifted her head.:

"Nugu mannado maeum sok han goseun yeolji motago
Gyesok nijaril biwona
Olliga eomneunde oljido moreundago
Wae mitneunji gaseumi wae mareul andeutni."


Hana did the same motion as Crys as her part came; keeping their expressions in match with the lyrics throughout the rest.

Hana:

"Listen to my Heartbeat" (Suzi: "It's beating for you")
"Listen to my Heartbeat " ("It's waiting for you")
"Kkeutnatdaneun geol ajikdo molla
Wae ireoneunji ihaega anga"

Crys:

"Listen to my Heartbeat" (Suzi: "It's beating for you")

Crys smiled a bit, knowing they weren't sounding terrible. :

"Listen to my Heartbeat" (Suzi: "It's waiting for you")

Crystal continued, pulling her expression back to match the lyrics. :

"Neoui saenggage ajikdo apa
Gaseumi ttwil ttaemada saenggangna."


Suzi:

"Ijeoyahae ijeoya salsuisseo
Jiwo beoryeoyamanhae an geureomyeon naega jugeo
Stop trying to get her back she ain't coming
She's gone gotta keep moving on
Gasseo ojianha geunyeoneun nisaenggak haji anha."


Hana:

"Geunyeoneun naega gidarineungeol
Jeonhyeo moreunchae jal salgo isseo
Geunyeoneun imi nal ijeosseo wanjeonhi jiwosseo
Wae nan geureoke motani."


Crys:

"Listen to my Heartbeat" (Suzi: "It's beating for you")
C: "Listen to my Heartbeat " ( Suzi: "It's waiting for you")
C:"Kkeutnatdaneun geol ajikdo molla
Wae ireoneunji ihaega anga"


Hana:

"Listen to my Heartbeat" (Suzi: "It's beating for you")
H: "Listen to my Heartbeat" (Suzi: "It's waiting for you")
H: "Neoui saenggage ajikdo apa
Gaseumi ttwil ttaemada saenggangna."


"My heart is beating." They chorused in their speaking voices, yet still in tune. "Faster, fa-faster."

Hana: "My heart is beating. Faster, fa-faster."
Crys: "My heart is beating. Faster, fa-faster."
Suzi: "My heart is beating. Faster, fa-faster."

The beep at the end, cut off and the YouTube screen went black before advertising related videos, then the replay and share buttons.

"Oh my God," G and TOP said in English with a cheeky grin as the girls turned to them, their faces flushed.

"That was cool! I didn't know you could sing so well! I'm a genius for suggesting we do that just now," Seungri said brightly.

"," Suzi whispered as she looked over at Hana. "Did you lock your knees?" Eomma whispered as the boys started to praise the girls' efforts. Crystal pointed out they needed a lot of work still, and while a few of the oppas agreed, they all still were happy to have found out another talent of their new friends.

Hana was always cautious about her singing stance, but the shyness she began to feel and the nerves that had built up kind of made her forget half-way through to not lock up her knees which causes light headedness usually.

Daesung looked at his blonde streaked friend and got to her other side to ask what was wrong, just in time. She fell away from Suzi and into his ready arms. "Omo! Hana-ah, you should sit down," he said and the others became a bit worried. They followed the two over to the couch as Daesung sat down with her.

"Aish, she's just a little light headed. She's not dying," Suzi said a bit sarcastically but somewhat still kindly. Again, not wanting to be too rude. "Unnie, could you get a glass of water?" she said, her eomma side going into full effect as she sat down on the other side of Hana and asked everyone else to give them space.

"You're a bit pink Hana-ah. Are you coming down with a fever?" Daesung asked worriedly and put his hand up to her forehead. Suzi laughed silently, seeing Hana's face get redder.

"Umm..Daesung oppa?" Suzi began, getting his attention. "I don't think it's a fever," she said with a smile that told him exactly what the reason was.

Hana saw the look her unnie gave the oppa next to her and gave Suzi a well deserved glare as Daesung took his hand away and looked down a bit embarrassed.

He didn't mind the fact though. Hana-ah was really easy to get along with when she was hyper, and then when she was calm it was like finding the clues to be able to get to know more of her story that made it interesting to be around her.

Crystal came back with the water and Hana drank all eventually, abiding by eomma's orderings.

"Aish, Hana-ssi, don't freak us out again like that, arasseo?" the red head said with a sigh, and received a nod along with an eye roll and a laugh.

"I could definitely get used to this," Hana thought as the others spread out about the apartment rooms to talk with each other. Daesung and her sat together laughing and talking about more random things. Gossiping about their friends and sharing stories about old performances. The whole time he stayed there, his arm around the back of the couch behind her.

"Why can't we meet more girls like the three of you? Even in one day I feel like we've become best friends," Taeyang commented from the kitchen as he got himself another glass of water.

All thinking the same thing as they smiled. "They just happen to be those girls that you hear about when they say 'one of a kind'."