SC 3.2: Best Boy Friend

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Chaeri and I were busy cleaning the school grounds when Chen came and told me to help Hera.  Since she’s my friend, I agreed.

 

Hey—don’t get me wrong.  Honestly, I didn’t really have feelings for Hera.  Maybe, what I had for her was just a silly crush.  Call me a jerk, but I used her to forget a much deeper feeling in my heart.  Err—don’t even tell Luhan-hyung or else he might punch me on the face.

 

I just don’t know what to do anymore.  The more I try to ignore this feeling, the more it grows.  She’s off limits.  Supposedly.  But I fell madly in love with her.

 

“Damn it!” I cussed and halted.

 

“Yah!  Why are you cursing?” Chen asked.

 

“I shouldn’t have left her.” I know—my expression is unreadable.  But man—I screwed big time.  I remember the pleading look in Chaeri’s eyes when she’s trying to stop me.

 

I remember promising to never let her down.  Great Baekhyun!  Just great… you broke your promise in a matter of minutes.

 

I my heels and hurriedly went back to the school grounds.  “Aish—why did it have to rain now?” I stopped at the lobby and searched for her from there.

 

I saw her with Kai——her shoulders were shaking.  Did he make her cry?  You're dead meat, Kai!  All you did is to pester her.  You’re gonna get it from me.

 

I ran as fast as I could.  “WHAT THE HECK, KAI!  GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER!” And I punched him right on the face—dragged Chaeri away from him and securing her in my arms.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR, HYUNG?” he yelled back at me while brushing off the blood on his lips.  He looked annoyed.

 

“THAT’S FOR CONTINUOUSLY BUGGING CHAERI!  STOP MAKING HER CRY!”

 

“NO, YOU MADE HER CRY!  YOU HURT HER!”

 

He is really getting in my nerves.  “I LEFT HER HERE TEARLESS AND WHEN I GOT BACK—”

 

He pulled Chaeri to his side.  Damn this kid!  “Let’s get you some dry clothes, Noo—”

 

I was unable to control my anger anymore.  I hit him square on the jaw so he fell on the grass.

 

“Hyung, you’re a jerk—”

 

“Take that back,” I didn’t hesitate to grab his collar.

 

“Stop it, guys!” Chaeri shouted.  “Kai—”

 

“I won’t.  You’re so insensitive for hurting Noona even if all she did was love you from a far!”

 

My grip loosened but I didn’t break my eye contact with him.

 

“You blew up your chance.  Do you still think we’ll let you go near her?  Junmyeon-hyung is very disappointed in you!  He expected too much from a coward dongsaeng…Let’s go, Noona. I’ll take you home.”

 

What he said sent my heart into a pump marathon.  Blew up my chance?  What did he mean by that?  I was speechless but was able to glance at Chaeri who was still crying.  Guilt washed over me.

 

They left me stupefied as my conscience traitorously bugged me.

 

After a while, Kris-hyung found me still dazing off outside.  “What are you doing here?  Aren’t you going home?” 

 

When he didn’t get any response from me, he walked to his car.  I didn’t know what got into me but I found myself riding shotgun.  Of course, he scowled at me.

 

“Hyung, drive me to the Choi’s.  Please!”

 

“Yah!  Get out of my car—why would I do that?”

 

“Hyung,” I whimpered.  “Start the engine.  Junmyeon-hyung’s gonna kill me if I won’t go there asap.”

 

Thank heavens, he didn’t ask more questions.

 

I had cold feet when we arrived in our destination.  And I was welcomed by Junmyeon-hyung’s cocked brows.  “Wae?  What’s with the sudden visit?”

 

“C-can I t-talk to Chaeri, Hyung?”

 

“She’s upstairs…in my room.”  He still giving me a questioning look; nonetheless, he accompanied me.

 

“Chaeri, Baekhyun’s here.”  Weird.  It seemed like he still doesn’t know anything that happened awhile back.  We found Chaeri sitting on hyung’s bed, poker-faced.  “I’ll just be outside with Kris if you need anything.”

 

Oh-kay!  Here goes nothing.  “C-Chaeri—”

 

“Sit there, Baekhyun.”

 

I sat on the carpet and mentally wiped the imaginary sweat on my temple.  Oh my God.  This is tough.  “C-Chaeri—”  My mouth fell open when she turned her back on me.  I want to cry now.

 

“Just talk.  I’m listening here.”

 

One more time, Baekhyun.  Hwaiting.  “First of, I’d like to apologize for being a jerk.”

 

“Why did you hit Kai out there?  He was just comforting me.”

 

“For what?”  I should be the one cheering her up.

 

“Because I was crying.  The person I like doesn’t want me.  He chose another girl even if she already had some else.”

 

Suddenly, she lied on the bed with her head hanging over side—facing me.  “What are you doing?”

 

She smiled.  “Need to stop these tears from falling—HAHA.  It’s a mortal sin to make a girl cry in this house.  I’m just saving your from Samchonnie’s wrath.”

 

“Chaeri, I’m trying to be serious here.”  I frowned.

 

*SILENCE*

 

“Baekhyun?  I want to know the first girl who broke your heart,” she said bluntly.

 

Damn.  I can feel my cheeks getting warmer.  The air conditioner was but I felt hotter than usual.  “Well—uhm—you,” I replied shyly but straight to the point.

 

“M-me?” her eyes widened.  “I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter